39 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MariekeH said:

It doesn't matter what a person wants to show. It matters what the CO wants to see.

Exactly. How many times have we seen post where a person said they brought so many documents but the CO had no interest in viewing them?

2 minutes ago, Muhammadarman said:

Thank you guys for the information sorry I was wrong and thank you for correcting me 

Thank you for being open minded about this to see our point. Sometimes we see people trying to convince their foreign family members that those type documents are not needed, but their families are so insistent that they just give in and send them over. In those cases they do it to appease their family more than to help with the CO's decision.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Timeline
6 hours ago, caramel23 said:

I have citizenship of two countries and I was refused a tourist visa to the United States

Your refusal was based on your personal circumstances.  Dual citizenship is not a factor in granting or denying a tourist visa. Many people with dual citizenships are successful in getting tourist visas.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 8/16/2018 at 9:27 AM, Brian&Larissa said:

Agree with Roel and this from personal experience.  My wife's brother and sister-in-law both applied for tourist visas to come here.  Yes, we supplied an invitation letter(which I tried to tell my wife wouldn't be worth anything), but she insisted.  Now, they have 2 apartments, both work with decent jobs in their country, 2 kids(who wouldn't be traveling with them), a car, a garage, bank accounts.  They didn't even look at the so-called "invitation letter", nor their binder of information they brought to try and prove they will return.  The lady came to the desk with the denial letter already in hand!  The embassy denied their visas.  Why?  AHHHHH...the $10K question with absolutely no logical answer.  Standard denial letter that they didn't prove they would return.  Frustrating..enfuriating, but life when dealing with tourist visas.  Chance of any 1 person getting a visa:  50/50 AT BEST!  Sorry, but reality.  I wish you luck, but nothing you supply will sway what the embassy does.  I know this might sound harsh, but again, reality when dealing with a US embassy!

Thanks for that! Yes tough to swallow but its something everyone has to realized. Gosh why does everything have to be so difficult !!

Timeline
On 8/16/2018 at 9:41 AM, geowrian said:

Assurances from any US friends or family have no role int he tourist visa process. The same for an invitation letter, affidavit of support, etc. They aren't concerned about why you are coming to the US, but why you are compelled to leave it on time and without violating status (i.e. working). Nothing noted in the quote above provides a reason to return home (except maybe the letter from a university that they are due back for a semester).

Note that COs rarely even look at documentation for a tourist visa except in borderline cases.

Thank You all for clearing this up for me so basically as long as everyone has a reason to return then they have a greater CHANCE<<< at getting a visa. I understand its not for sure even with that but its possible. 

Timeline
On 8/16/2018 at 9:51 AM, NuestraUnion said:

This is not accurate info.

@Chea

Please be advised that your financial documents will have no impact on securing a visa for your family. @Muhammadarman may have meant well, but his/her post was full of misinformation. It is a huge misconception for many people to believe that. You can help your family prepare with filling out the DS-160, but that is the extend of your involvement. Visas are issued purely on the applying person's ties to their own country. Not ties to family in the US.

We know you want to help your family but think about what Muhammadarman is suggesting for a moment. Since when do people need to send in mortgage documents to go on vacation? Did you need to send in tax returns to the Turkish government in order to go visit your fiance in his country?

ETA: Please see the link @SusieQQQ posted from the official government website stating that any of the documents from you are not considered.

You're absolutely correct! I'm so nervous and anxious about this whole process that I'm not realizing what all people are telling me! I'm considering everyone an expert but thank you for stepping in before I do unnecessary paperwork! Thank You so much!

Timeline
On 8/16/2018 at 12:07 PM, Jaquelly said:

Muhammadarman is not giving the correct advice here. Please listen to the people who are telling you to follow the US Department of State guidelines.

Trust me I will!! 

1 hour ago, Chea said:

Thanks for that! Yes tough to swallow but its something everyone has to realized. Gosh why does everything have to be so difficult !!

Unfortunately many people have overstayed visas in the past, raising suspicion and making it more difficult for those applying in the future.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.