902 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys!!! We got pur NOA2 in the mail 12/15 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 I'm so happy! I hope you get yours today toooo. 

**Edit: sorry for the typo 😂 I'm just too excited

Edited by Diane&Travis

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, Diane&Travis said:

Guys!!! We got pur NOA2 in the mail 12/15 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 I'm so happy! I hope you get yours today toooo. 

That's great news! when was your NoA1?

Old website indicates my NoA is 7/25 but the myUSCIS says 7/30... I'm fine with either as long as the NoA2 is coming soon lol

Question to all of you: My fiancée is currently spending the holidays in Brazil with me (yay!), would it be a problem if the NoA2 is sent to her in the meantime but she's not there? I assume the next steps are all digital, right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Diane&Travis said:

You mean NOA2 receipt said December 15th? Or you mean that your Fiance got it in his mail on the 15th?

7 hours ago, JunYun said:

silent approval! fiance flew over to visit me and returned to US last night. received NOA2 by mail too :)

noa 1 : 7/19 new site 7/16 old site

noa 2 : 12/11 by mail (new site, old site or tracker status havent updated)

what should i do next?! happy!!!

Here is a recent discussion on what is needed. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/641246-what-should-i-do-for-the-next-step/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Moraesm said:

That's great news! when was your NoA1?

Old website indicates my NoA is 7/25 but the myUSCIS says 7/30... I'm fine with either as long as the NoA2 is coming soon lol

Question to all of you: My fiancée is currently spending the holidays in Brazil with me (yay!), would it be a problem if the NoA2 is sent to her in the meantime but she's not there? I assume the next steps are all digital, right?

Yes the NOA2 mail can continue on to the Petitioner. Some steps are digital and some are not. Your NVC will be emailed and on the ceac website.

There is a service provided by the USPS (US Postal Service) whereby each morning USPS will scan your incoming mail (just the address side of the envelope) and email you an update. It's very convenient these days to have advance notice that an important piece of mail is being delivered.

The service is available to most communities but some are still being rolling out so not all areas are available. Check the website with your zip code to verify your location is available for the service. A person in the USA can sign up for this free service here: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

8 hours ago, myjourney2018 said:

That's amazing, my NOA1 was also July 25.  Now you got me all hyped up and CONGRATS!

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

15 hours ago, tony1986 said:

NOA1 July 2nd/6th  -   NOA2 DEC 11th   - lots of evidence over 4 years of a relationship, fiancee's name is pretty common in Colombia too. /shurg

No email/text/both websites not updated.  Received notice by snail mail probably yesterday. 

Best Christmas present in a long time... I hope you all hear good news soon!

13 hours ago, HatoKo said:

We are silent approved ! No email , no status change on both new and old site. Only recieved the letter by mail.

NOA1 16/19 July

NOA2 10 Dec

Good luck you guys !

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions. I found it quite weird when I checked my case status without myUSCIS account it showed me that my NOA1 was July 20th ( I mean I just used online case tracker on the USCIS website and their official NOA1 letter received by my fiance also stated July 20th), but after I created an account and added our case there it said NOA1 was July 25th. Really what the heck? Has any of you guys seen that thing before?

As far as I thought USCIS goes from the earlier dates of NOA1 to the latest. How come then people who sent their documents later get approvals before those who sent theirs much earlier? I am just curious how such a system works.

Thank you for your comments in advance.

Hopefully all of you get their approvals soon :)

1 minute ago, Nadya said:

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions. I found it quite weird when I checked my case status without myUSCIS account it showed me that my NOA1 was July 20th ( I mean I just used online case tracker on the USCIS website and their official NOA1 letter received by my fiance also stated July 20th), but after I created an account and added our case there it said NOA1 was July 25th. Really what the heck? Has any of you guys seen that thing before?

As far as I thought USCIS goes from the earlier dates of NOA1 to the latest. How come then people who sent their documents later get approvals before those who sent theirs much earlier? I am just curious how such a system works.

Thank you for your comments in advance.

Hopefully all of you get their approvals soon :)

Those are questions that many have had and of course they have been answered here in the threads. The websites are inaccurate so follow any paper document for accuracy. Don't ask why as it has been this way for years and thousands before you have experienced the same as you. Each case is different hence the reason why some skip over you for approval. There is a lot more to it but I think you have and idea. If you are still stumped there is a search function at the top of the page on the right column that you can use for other explanations.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Thank you very much, as others say you are truly knowledgeable.

About the date of NOA1. So does it all mean that I should trust only hard copies of the notifications received by regular mail? And also if we don't receive any response from USCIS during January we can inquire about our case, right?

Thank you for your assistance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

CONGRATS to those who got approved!!!!

My NOA 1 is July 20th,

I know the approval might be around the corner,

but this waiting is really killing me right now.

Sorry guys just need to vent a bit...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Violax said:

CONGRATS to those who got approved!!!!

My NOA 1 is July 20th,

I know the approval might be around the corner,

but this waiting is really killing me right now.

Sorry guys just need to vent a bit...

Im with you there, I just want it accepted before Christmas 

Met Online  (Plenty of fish)- 07/29/2014

Met in person (America) - 08/30/15 - 09/11/15                                 Met in person (America) - 02/15/16 - 02/23/16

Met in person (America) - 05/08/16 - 05/21/16                                 Met in person (Scotland) - 09/26/16 - 10/10/16

Met in person (America)  - 03/22/17 - 03/29/17                                Met in Person (America) - 10/27/17 - 01/13/18

Met in Person (Scotland) - 06/06/18 - 07/19/18

Engaged - 06/18/18 - During a trip to Scotland

I-129F Filed - 07/26/18                                                                          NOA1 - 08/01/18

NOA2 - 01/03/19 (155 days after NOA1)                                           NVC Case number assigned - 01/17/19

NVC case sent to embassy - 02/05/19                                              Embassy received - 02/08/19

Packet 3 received - 02/14/19                                                               Medical - 03/21/19

Interview at London Embassy - 04/11/19                                          Visa issued - 04/15/19

Visa and passport received -  04/17/19                                             Entered the U.S (Indianapolis Airport) - 05/19/19

Married - 07/12/2019                                                                            AOS/EAD/AP Filed - 10/02/2019

NOA1 Dates - 10/10/2019                                                                   Biometrics taken - 11/01/2019

Interview Ready to be Scheduled - 12/02/2019                               EAD/AP Approved -  01/24/2020

3 hours ago, Nadya said:

About the date of NOA1. So does it all mean that I should trust only hard copies of the notifications received by regular mail? And also if we don't receive any response from USCIS during January we can inquire about our case, right?

You can use what is posted at a website but when your NOA1 arrives then update your timeline when you get the mail copy. When you are out of the normal processing time and you can contact USCIS and inquire about your case.

Use Google to find the USCIS website that will give you the processing times.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nadya said:

Look at your paper copy. 

i-797C_censored_ed.png.d777be924509fd41558f73e061121dce.png

The longer story is as follows: There are 2 websites, one that is referred to as "old" and which ALL trackers use (apps you can get for your phone) The date on that "old" site usually is a few days earlier and tend to match "received" date on your I-797C form. The "new" site uses "Notice date" and that is the date you should be using. It is usually 5 days after received date, and reflects date when NOA1 notice was actually issued. 

New site: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ (Need to create an account)

Old site: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do (No account needed, used by automated trackers) 

Edited by Shiran

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 12/15/2018 at 2:26 AM, Shiran said:

Get your police certificate is one thing. Check your immunizations. 

Kyiv embassy is actually nice enough to provide a clear checklist

https://ua.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/151/Interview-checklist-K1.pdf

thank you very much! sorry for the late reply, yes i have my police certificate,just need to translate it and put apostil on it..and i am done with immunization for me. i just like a lost a bit, so many different information and its doubble hard, bcos of language/so now i need to wait for the NVC,get my case number,then i can start to fill out ds160(do i neet to pay visa fee befor to  fill out ds160?) i neet make 3 forms of ds 160, bcos i have two kids....erm..the financial documents from my fiancee..1. employer latter_done, 2. I 134 and w2.. what do we need more? than medical exam go and after interwev.. i am really not sure is thouse my thoughs right? ( ps sorry for my english)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/30/2018 at 5:22 PM, emekus94 said:

Send copies
I sent copy and was approval. They most likely will NOT ask for original since they can easily look up the info on the copy if need be.

Hi emekus94 thanks for your helpful info. Since you dealt with the same consulate as i will; was your embassy letter (Packet3) sent to  the beneficiary in Nigeria through email or postal snail mail?

Congrats to every one that got approved!!!  so happy to see progress :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.