1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Summer123 said:

Congratulations to you, but may I know when’s your received date? 

So happy you’re done with the waiting time... 

im still waiting for my ead at least so I’ll be able to work .

Luckily, I was able to get my work permit and dmv gave me a year so that’s good. 

Summer,

I received my appointment letter on August 13. 

Edited by Rakaf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/19/2018 at 8:42 PM, AOSjuly said:

Hey guys, I’m a bit confusing here coz I went to the DMV office to apply DL here in California and they told me I’m not eligible coz my I-94 is expired,  unless I have a EAD or green card,  is this the same requirement as yours? Do I have another option to get a driving license or permit or whatever it is to drive legally at the moment? 

Yes, we were at the DMV in the Bay Area and was told we couldn’t use the I-94 as it had less than 30 days to expiration. I was told to wait for the EAD or Green card, was told the same thing at the SSN office when we went to change my wife’s last name. So my wife just uses her passport for everything until we get the green card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jiga said:

Does any Baltimore July filers got EAD or interview date.

If you read the last few pages of this thread, you will see that many have interviews

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/19/2018 at 11:27 AM, Ana Maria said:

FYI...We received online notice Friday 9/14 that our case is ready to be scheduled for interview....so far notice has not come in the mail, we're waiting.

Biometrics were completed on 8/30.  (North Carolina - Charlotte)

Congratulations @Ana Maria you guys will be sailing through to your interview soon! I might just have to ask to use your address soon :D VA/DC is moving at snails pace and that's being generous. 

On 9/19/2018 at 7:27 AM, JasonGG said:

Woke up this morning to an email saying there was a change in our status.  Logged on to USCIS and it said my wife and daughter's green card interview was scheduled!  I am shocked we could get an interview so quickly at the Baltimore office (filed in July and biometrics August 9).  The website doesn't say what the date is, just that a letter will be sent.  Hopefully this is not a mistake!

Jason

Congratulations! @JasonGG

2 hours ago, Jiga said:

Does any Baltimore July filers got EAD or interview date.

@Jiga @JasonGG has his interview date and they are in the baltimore area. 

3 hours ago, John and Janay said:

Congratulations @Ana Maria you guys will be sailing through to your interview soon! I might just have to ask to use your address soon :D VA/DC is moving at snails pace and that's being generous. 

Congratulations! @JasonGG

@Jiga @JasonGG has his interview date and they are in the baltimore area. 

Thanks for the information. Does anyone got EAD?

45 minutes ago, Jiga said:

Thanks for the information. Does anyone got EAD?

People in june are getting their EADs so us july filers should be next month. 

3 minutes ago, tammyjb said:

People in june are getting their EADs so us july filers should be next month. 

No way.

Does that go by field office or NBC?

4 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

No way.

Does that go by field office or NBC?

NBC. Personally i’d say to people don’t expedite as we’ll receiving be them soon.

Edited by tammyjb

2 minutes ago, tammyjb said:

NBC. Personally i’d say to people don’t expedite as we’ll receiving be them soon.

I hope this is the case. Thank you both. You've greatly improved what was a fall asleep at the desk Friday. ❤️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, Jaquelly said:

i am freaking out right now emekus

FREAKING
O U T

:rofl::rofl:
I don't know what happened but NBC woke up this week and decided to be productive. lol

They were processing April/May filers for the past few weeks and then this week BAM! Am hearing some early June folks getting approval out of nowhere!

I mean NOT everyone is gonna be at that pace (cuz some April folks are even still waiting) but it def means that some of us have hopes of getting it by end of October
And for SURE by December. God willing

My girl @DPP123 should rejoice! I think her husband now for SURE has a good chance of travelling for Xmas!

Perhaps all these local offices giving interviews so quickly are helping out- cuz once u get a GC, ur EAD/AP dies.
So that frees up NBC to help us out with the slow as snails offices

🤣 I can’t help it... way too excited to see the word productive! Lol damn! figures crossed, hope NBC keeping this productive pace for another month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.