1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Β 

Β 

My feelings exactly! Are you POSITIVE there's not a workaround? Texas is way more angry about immigrants than like, any other state.

I have been in like 3-4 offices. I can get a license on my K1 and I-94 which would expire when my I-94 would. Which is today :D

They didn't care about the NOA for the I-485, because it does not grant any legal status....

I tried to explain the SAVE database and what is in Texas, but she said never heard about being verified by them and getting a letter from the department of public safety....

Maybe I should try with an expired I-94 instead ? :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Ohh yeah...

My husband went to renew his license yesterday and he asked about my situation. The lady he spoke with said sure he can, it i will be available for a year, but he need a valid I-94. Mine expires today, So he called me, I rushed home,Β  I did online mock tests for an hour and half, went to a testing facility, did the written/vision/driving tests, gladly I passed, went to the license office, and they took my papers, etc then when I got to verify the stuff on the computer I see my license expiration is for today.... I tell the lady, she is like waaaaat, then she checks the date, and calls a supervisor I think, the person calls in i think a central number and explain the situation to somebody on the phone. I can hear her talking about me and what papers I have and then she comes back and tell the other lady that I need to have an ead or greencard or student status..... For sure the lady my husband talked with earlier was not there, so I didn't get a license :)

Β 

At least the proof of passing is valid for one year :) So when my EAD or green card comes I just need to go and get the license.....

Β 

About moving faster, I don' know. Can't find anybody from here who had his interview this years.... The only thing is the document you shared and there the numbers didn't look too bad.....

There you go
U said you can't get it withOUT an EAD
U just said you can. So yea
I would think EVERY state should let one get a license with EAD. That's pretty standard
Conveys to them that DHS thinks you're here legally and permanently.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
54 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

I have been in like 3-4 offices. I can get a license on my K1 and I-94 which would expire when my I-94 would. Which is today :D

They didn't care about the NOA for the I-485, because it does not grant any legal status....

I tried to explain the SAVE database and what is in Texas, but she said never heard about being verified by them and getting a letter from the department of public safety....

Maybe I should try with an expired I-94 instead ? :D

yeah, its a circus as every state is different...even the evaluation by the personnel in that particular DMV office may be different.

Β 

We were able to extend from the i94 expiration date - North Carolina ID/License -Β with the i485 Biometrics NOA - DMV extended from the Notice date another 6 months.

But, several supervisors had to chat about the whole affair before figuring out which of the (4) i797's i presented to extend from and what the new date of expiration would be.

You got to just take it one issue at a time....

Β 

5/30/2017:Β I-129F sent to Dallas LockboxΒ 

6/06/2017:Β  NOA1 Date

01/02/2018:Β NOA2Β  Date
01/24/2018:Β NVCΒ Received I-129FΒ 
02/02/2018:Β Case Number Assigned

02/12/2018: NVC Email - IN TRANSIT

No NVC Letter Received

02/17/2018:Β  Scheduled Interview (while still IN TRANSIT)

02/20/2018:Β  Embassy "READY" status

03/02/2018:Β  Medical Scheduled

03/06/2018: INTERVIEW Scheduled

03/06/2018:Β Interview - APPROVED!
03/28/2018:Β Visa in Hand!!!!
06/11/2018:Β POE USA - ATLANTA

06/18/ 2018:Β Β MARRIED!Β  Β CHARLOTTE, NC

07/27/2018: AOS; i485, i765 & i131 Mailed

07/30/2018: NOA1 Receive Date (i485,i313, i765)

08/10/2018: NOA1 Hardcopies received.

08/16/2018: Biometrics Letter Received

08/30/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/22/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled- Electronic Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 9/16/2018 at 10:27 AM, qliu said:

It took meΒ 8 days from faxing the docs to being approved. Another 10 days from approval to receipt of the combo card. Hope it helps!Β 

Thank you, tomorrow will be 8 days for me from Faxing documents so I hope im as lucky as you were. The congressman received the standard email they send out to everyone on Monday so im trying to stay patient.Β 

Timeline
1 hour ago, batcher said:

@emekus94Β  would you know if having a RFE for I-864 puts your AP\EAD on hold also?

Unfortunately, it's like technically a "yes"
That's because the people that process EAD/AP, i.e. NBC also looks at the initial packet for AOS.

So if something is wrong with ANY of them, they have to pause the whole thing till they get it back.

Β 

The good news is I don't think you lose your place in line. U're just paused so you don't start over as someone that applied when you give back the RFE.
hence my need to tell everyone- get that RFE response back to them ASAP. The sooner you give it back, the sooner the resume button hits.Β 

But unless you're like MONTHS late in getting RFE back to them, a couple weeks doesn't really do anything
Most RFEs go out in the first 2 months of a case and EADs are taking like 4 months. so mathematically speaking, I wouldn't worry about a "pause" too much.

Β 

Edited by emekus94

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Unfortunately, it's like technically a "yes"
That's because the people that process EAD/AP, i.e. NBC also looks at the initial packet for AOS.

So if something is wrong with ANY of them, they have to pause the whole thing till they get it back.

Β 

The good news is I don't think you lose your place in line. U're just paused so you don't start over as someone that applied when you give back the RFE.
hence my need to tell everyone- get that RFE response back to them ASAP. The sooner you give it back, the sooner the resume button hits.Β 

But unless you're like MONTHS late in getting RFE back to them, a couple weeks doesn't really do anything
Most RFEs go out in the first 2 months of a case and EADs are taking like 4 months. so mathematically speaking, I wouldn't worry about a "pause" too much.

Β 

Okay I got back withΒ all necessary info ASAP, just curious if I lost my place in line...Β 

Hello, my husband is a US citizen. We applied July 20 to the Chicago officeΒ and they received it July 23. I did the biometrics on August 22. Β We live in Seattle and are looking to move to anotherΒ apartment in Seattle.

Β 

There are some reports I’ve read on google of it slowing down their application or causing them to miss mail.

Β 

Will updating our address, slow down or otherwise harmΒ our application?

Has anyone had experience with this before?

Β 

Thank you

Edited by py.kute1997

Timeline
3 hours ago, batcher said:

Okay I got back withΒ all necessary info ASAP, just curious if I lost my place in line...Β 

Nah fam
u're paused-- but u don't start afresh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations to you, but may I know when’s your received date?Β 

Β So happy you’re done with the waiting time...Β 

Β 

im still waiting for my ead at least so I’ll be able to work .

Β 

Luckily, I was able to get my work permit and dmv gave me a year so that’s good.Β 

Β 

Summer,

Timeline
39 minutes ago, py.kute1997 said:

Hello, my husband is a US citizen. We applied July 20 to the Chicago officeΒ and they received it July 23. I did the biometrics on August 22. Β We live in Seattle and are looking to move to anotherΒ apartment in Seattle.

Β 

There are some reports I’ve read on google of it slowing down their application or causing them to miss mail.

Β 

Will updating our address, slow down or otherwise harmΒ our application?

Has anyone had experience with this before?

Β 

Thank you

It depends--
If you move and don't update ur address correctly, you DEFINITELY will miss mail, which is not good to do with USCIS
Because for instance, EAD's cost like $400? to replace/send back to you... and getting them to send stuff back to you is an absolute headache.Β 

The people that complain about slow down/harming...
IF you move from an otherwise fast office to a slow one, then yes. U are kind of screwed because ur local office has jurisdiction over your case.

If, in ur case, it sounds like you're just moving a block and will stay in the same "Seattle" office, then you got nothing to worry about.

As a note- moving really doesn't negatively affect a case-- unless you don't do it in a timely manner then you have a headache of some sorts.Β 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Rakaf said:

Hello . So like I promised . I had my interview today at Charlotte NC . It was very fast , first after the security you have to wait in the information office there they give us our number for the appointment and they directed us to the appointment waiting room .

The officer was very nice and kind

She asked first for our passports and my husband (citizen) ID.Β 

1-She asked to my husband where and when we met .

2- she asked when and where we get married

3- when we arrived in the USA with the k1 visa and k2 and where

4-she asked my husband if he knows my father and my mother names

5- she asked my hubby my city of birth and citizenship

6- if he knows my daughter (k2) birthday

7-she asked our address here in the USA

8- she asked to my daughter my husband Full name

And after it was just security questions

She asked if I had more docs to add to our case

I just brought wedding pictures she looks at them and kept one( she said she loves my dress πŸ˜‰)

She took our pictures and fingerprints

And said she going to review all the docs and make her decision.🀝

She was very friendly I was very blessed.

On my way home 30mn after I checked on the app and surpriiiiiiiiiiiise

And my status changed to

"Β  new card is being processed...."

Very blessed day thank JesusΒ 

My miracle .πŸ™πŸΏ

Β 

Β 

Β 

Thank you super duper much for letting me know! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ Just curious, did they asked medical exam report or copy of tax return/w2 again? I already provide it before. Btw, what did you wear?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my commentΒ based on my own experience and what I read.Β 

Β 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :)Β 

Β 

Β 
I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVCΒ Received Date:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 2018-01-16

NVCΒ Case No. assigned:Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β 2018-01-16

NVCΒ Left:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  2018-01-20

Consulate Received:Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β 2018-01-27

Interview Date:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 2018-03-08

Visa Received:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  2018-03-13

US Entry:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β 2018-03-19

SSN Application:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  2018-04-03

SSN Received:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 2018-05-02

Marriage:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:Β  Β Β 2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  2018-07-16

Biometric app:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Β  Β  Β Β 2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  2018-09-24Β 
Approval/Denied:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β ApprovedΒ 

Green Card Received:Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  2018-09-29

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Rakaf said:

Hello . So like I promised . I had my interview today at Charlotte NC . It was very fast , first after the security you have to wait in the information office there they give us our number for the appointment and they directed us to the appointment waiting room .

The officer was very nice and kind

She asked first for our passports and my husband (citizen) ID.Β 

1-She asked to my husband where and when we met .

2- she asked when and where we get married

3- when we arrived in the USA with the k1 visa and k2 and where

4-she asked my husband if he knows my father and my mother names

5- she asked my hubby my city of birth and citizenship

6- if he knows my daughter (k2) birthday

7-she asked our address here in the USA

8- she asked to my daughter my husband Full name

And after it was just security questions

She asked if I had more docs to add to our case

I just brought wedding pictures she looks at them and kept one( she said she loves my dress πŸ˜‰)

She took our pictures and fingerprints

And said she going to review all the docs and make her decision.🀝

She was very friendly I was very blessed.

On my way home 30mn after I checked on the app and surpriiiiiiiiiiiise

And my status changed to

"Β  new card is being processed...."

Very blessed day thank JesusΒ 

My miracle .πŸ™πŸΏ

Β 

Β 

Β 

Wow! They only took pictures as proof. Sounds pretty smooth sailing! Congratulations:)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Perfect two πŸ’‘ said:

Thank you super duper much for letting me know! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ Just curious, did they asked medical exam report or copy of tax return/w2 again? I already provide it before. Btw, what did you wear?

Have copy and original of every docs in case that you submitted . And if you already submitted the medical report exam it's ok you don't need it for the appointment it's only if you didn't. Join bank account statement , insurance etc......jeans /blouse and heels

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.