1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, Abdeslam said:

San Antonio office is so slow , I had my biometric on the 08/19 and the case status stayed the same 

My status changed to “Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview” on 08/21 and never heard anything till now.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 9/13/2018 at 11:18 AM, ashleykay said:

How long did it take for your EAD expedite to be approved? 

I called them 28th, got a letter sent 4th, received it on Monday and faxed everything through Monday so now I’m just waiting. How long did yours take before you knew it was printing?

It took me 8 days from faxing the docs to being approved. Another 10 days from approval to receipt of the combo card. Hope it helps! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 9/15/2018 at 11:34 PM, reyjay said:

My status changed to “Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview” on 08/21 and never heard anything till now.

It will depend on your local office for how long it takes to them to get you an interview. This can be anywhere from a week up to many many months....

If you don't know your local office you can find it based on your zip code https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

After that you can look around on this forum to find out processing times.

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 9/16/2018 at 10:27 AM, qliu said:

It took me 8 days from faxing the docs to being approved. Another 10 days from approval to receipt of the combo card. Hope it helps! 

What is the procedure for an expedited ead

Looks like in the may group people specifically mid may are starting to receive their EAD/AP cards! Hopefully next month the early july filers could start to hear.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 9/14/2018 at 3:49 PM, aisha1109 said:

Chicago filer here...filed 7/17. Biometric completed 8/8. Now....my husband and I wait....but we are not sure for how long. Any other chicago filer here who can chime in? 

Yup, I’m a Chicago filer. I have no idea how long it will take, but I think that we will be waiting for a while. 

Can anyone advise me how long it’s takes to expedite work authorisation? 

Timeline

Hello,

Just an update from my end, I had my EAD expedited last Aug 28, 2018 under the grounds of severe financial even in the absence of job offer even without a job offer.

An excerpt from my cover letter:

I believe this request meets the criteria for expedited processing based on severe financial loss. The choice of expressing severe financial loss is based on my potential annual salary at an average of XXXK to ZZZK USD. 

My job applications as Senior SAP Consultant are not being considered at recruitment level despite very suitable qualifications. Consideration is not given due to the absence of a work authorization or a green card. Clients, especially multinational companies, require a finalized work authorization to continue processing my application.

I am enclosing evidence of emails from recruiters which demonstrate salary rate and benefits if hired, reasons for termination of the application process (critical areas are highlighted), my resume as proof of qualifications.

It is my desire to become a contributing member of the USA as soon as possible by receiving an expedited I-765.

Hope this helps anyone who wishes to expedite EAD.

July 20, 2018 - AOS received by USCIS

July 31, 2018 - Letter for biometrics for Aug 17

Aug 01, 2018 - My NM driver's license and I-94 expired, went to MVDand presented NOA1 and marriage contract, car insurance under my name

Aug 06, 2018 - Biometrics done in El Paso

Aug 20, 2018 -  Got a validation letter from MVD that they have received the results of my lawful status from DHS

Aug 28, 2018 - Got my renewed MVD  NM license for 1 year of validity but - TEMPORARY

Aug 28, 2018 - Status changed : Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

Aug 28, 2018 - Expedited EAD - Financial loss reason

Sept 4, 2018 - USCIS emailed requesting for RFE, fax evidence

Sept 6, 2018 - USCIS emailed confirming receipt of evidences

Sept 18, 2018  - EAD approved, card is being produced 

Edited by Silver Fox
wrong spelling

Today was SUPER frustrating, to say the least.

We went to the Texas BMV to get Andy all set up to be able to get his license. After waiting for almost two hours, they told us the USCIS system went down. Sure. OK. We waited around, they finally saw him, got him all processed...

And then said they couldn't verify that he was here legally. We should be getting a verification letter from USCIS in less than two weeks that states that he can get his license.

So, you know, same #######, different day. They told us the same thing when he went to get his SSN. Why can't they just make their system work? Not everyone can just take time off of work. -_-

Timeline

hi @Jaquelly , 

I had the same experience when I was renewing my license. I was not granted immediately to renew because my I-94 had expired last Aug 1. They said they need to validate my lawful status with DHS.  A few weeks later, I got a letter in the mail from MVD Aug 20 and last Aug 28 the system allowed me to proceed with my license renewal. They extended my license until Aug 27, 2019 - I waited for 4 1/2 hours. Certainly worth the wait because I can drive in US even without my EAD and GC yet.

I hope this helps.

Picture1.jpg

Edited by Silver Fox
Need to resize my attachment

4 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

hi @Jaquelly , 

I had the same experience when I was renewing my license. I was not granted immediately to renew because my I-94 had expired last Aug 1. They said they need to validate my lawful status with DHS.  A few weeks later, I got a letter in the mail from MVD Aug 20 and last Aug 28 the system allowed me to proceed with my license renewal. They extended my license until Aug 27, 2019 - I waited for 4 1/2 hours. Certainly worth the wait because I can drive in US even without my EAD and GC yet.

I hope this helps.

Thank you @Silver Fox. I took some solace that they told us to come back and immediately talk to one of the staff members so that we could skip ahead of the line. Thank you for your experience. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Woke up this morning to an email saying there was a change in our status.  Logged on to USCIS and it said my wife and daughter's green card interview was scheduled!  I am shocked we could get an interview so quickly at the Baltimore office (filed in July and biometrics August 9).  The website doesn't say what the date is, just that a letter will be sent.  Hopefully this is not a mistake!

Jason

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
55 minutes ago, JasonGG said:

Woke up this morning to an email saying there was a change in our status.  Logged on to USCIS and it said my wife and daughter's green card interview was scheduled!  I am shocked we could get an interview so quickly at the Baltimore office (filed in July and biometrics August 9).  The website doesn't say what the date is, just that a letter will be sent.  Hopefully this is not a mistake!

Jason

I called USCIS and it's not a mistake.  The agent I spoke to couldn't provide the interview date, though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

Today was SUPER frustrating, to say the least.

We went to the Texas BMV to get Andy all set up to be able to get his license. After waiting for almost two hours, they told us the USCIS system went down. Sure. OK. We waited around, they finally saw him, got him all processed...

And then said they couldn't verify that he was here legally. We should be getting a verification letter from USCIS in less than two weeks that states that he can get his license.

So, you know, same #######, different day. They told us the same thing when he went to get his SSN. Why can't they just make their system work? Not everyone can just take time off of work. -_-

Jackie girl- breathe
It's all part of the new administration. Supposedly everyone now (At least in Texas) without a 10 year green card/citizenship has to be first verified by DHS before getting ANY type of license
It sucks cuz that means you MUST waste time at DPS 2x - once to apply and have them cue the system for u to get the verification letter and then come back another day AFTER u get the letter to do whatever it is you want to do.

It's a process. 
This too shall pass.

3 hours ago, JasonGG said:

Jason

Congratulations!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

FYI...We received online notice Friday 9/14 that our case is ready to be scheduled for interview....so far notice has not come in the mail, we're waiting.

Biometrics were completed on 8/30.  (North Carolina - Charlotte)

5/30/2017: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox 

6/06/2017:  NOA1 Date

01/02/2018: NOA2  Date
01/24/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/2018: Case Number Assigned

02/12/2018: NVC Email - IN TRANSIT

No NVC Letter Received

02/17/2018:  Scheduled Interview (while still IN TRANSIT)

02/20/2018:  Embassy "READY" status

03/02/2018:  Medical Scheduled

03/06/2018: INTERVIEW Scheduled

03/06/2018: Interview - APPROVED!
03/28/2018: Visa in Hand!!!!
06/11/2018: POE USA - ATLANTA

06/18/ 2018:  MARRIED!   CHARLOTTE, NC

07/27/2018: AOS; i485, i765 & i131 Mailed

07/30/2018: NOA1 Receive Date (i485,i313, i765)

08/10/2018: NOA1 Hardcopies received.

08/16/2018: Biometrics Letter Received

08/30/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/22/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled- Electronic Notice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.