1,939 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, emekus94 said:

:rofl::rofl:
We have a thread for Houston- where we all come every week to complain and sip wine. lol

It's not moving whatsoever
We had some folks do infopasses and basically it seems something hit a snag and nothing is moving
Literally EVERY SINGLE VJ folks from April 2017 onward is waiting.
Because Houston is also short staffed. they apparently only have 12? officers??

I think we're all just waiting for mid-elections to pass. Maybe something will get done there. Am not holding my breath
I'll be happy with my 10 year GC card in 2 years and pass ROC. lol :whistle:

LOL I am sure we all feel a certain way or another about midterms this year. Ahem. >_>

I wish they'd just transfer you guys to another office so you won't have to wait so stupidly long!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jaquelly said:

LOL I am sure we all feel a certain way or another about midterms this year. Ahem. >_>

I wish they'd just transfer you guys to another office so you won't have to wait so stupidly long!!!!!

Lol
thanks for the support girl- at this rate, I might even find myself another job and move first! 
Am not overly worried about it-
It will come when it will.

Am just anxious about that EAD. Like please get here by early December! So I start my new year off freshhhhhhhh 😄
Thanks Goodness extending it isn't that bad cuz am SURE that will have to be done at this rate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

:rofl::rofl:
We have a thread for Houston- where we all come every week to complain and sip wine. lol

It's not moving whatsoever
We had some folks do infopasses and basically it seems something hit a snag and nothing is moving
Literally EVERY SINGLE VJ folks from April 2017 onward is waiting.
Because Houston is also short staffed. they apparently only have 12? officers??

I think we're all just waiting for mid-elections to pass. Maybe something will get done there. Am not holding my breath
I'll be happy with my 10 year GC card in 2 years and pass ROC. lol :whistle:

hahaha. I wish New Orleans had a thread so I could complain as well! hahaha We're close tho! I've lived in Houston before! How did y'all find out about the 12 officers? hahaha I want to FOIA the office here and get some questions answered! New Orleans is a pretty strange, inconsistent office. There's not enough data on VJ to try to understand what's the average time people are getting their interviews scheduled.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, RenataIzo said:

hahaha. I wish New Orleans had a thread so I could complain as well! hahaha We're close tho! I've lived in Houston before! How did y'all find out about the 12 officers? hahaha I want to FOIA the office here and get some questions answered! New Orleans is a pretty strange, inconsistent office. There's not enough data on VJ to try to understand what's the average time people are getting their interviews scheduled.

If your office is slow, am SURE someone started something. If not, start your own? :rofl:
I've even seen one for the Seattle folks, San Fernando Valley (SoCal), NorCal people, etc.

We found out about the office because I think like 4 people have had infopasses so far. And one of them was told that Houston is simply backed up to kingdom come and there's only like 12 officers that work cases/do interviews. So it's SLOWWWW
And of course, some were told that the're working 2016 cases (lies-- since we know on VJ that like all the December 2016 folks already were done by mid 2017)...
So yea. It's a mixed bag of messages out there.
But we even asked the moderator of VJ Captain (something? forgot his name) and he helped us track all the Houston cases. So that's how we know it's stuck in about April of 2017

Edited by emekus94

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 9/11/2018 at 6:46 AM, Mark_712 said:

thank you! we are so excited and hope this goes smoothly 😀

Congratulations. How was your interview? What documents  did you bring?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 8/31/2018 at 12:48 AM, qliu said:

I think you should wait for 5 business days after you filed for the expedition. If you don't hear from USCIS, you can contact the congressman or senator and they might be able to pass along your docs to USCIS.

How long did it take for your EAD expedite to be approved? 

I called them 28th, got a letter sent 4th, received it on Monday and faxed everything through Monday so now I’m just waiting. How long did yours take before you knew it was printing?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, RenataIzo said:

Oi! Hey there, my home town is near New Orleans. I was actually thinking of changing our address from VA/DC to NOLA in hopes of getting an interview sooner. But seems like you're in the same boat as us here. The VA information on VJ is slim unless its in regards to citizenship. So I'm kind of in the dark as to when things will move or if we'll get an interview. Just mentally hoping for christmas. But in the meantime there's plenty to do in New Orleans to keep busy. Its my favorite city in the world and I've been a lot of places. Enjoy! I miss it. 

Edited by John and Janay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, John and Janay said:

Oi! Hey there, my home town is near New Orleans. I was actually thinking of changing our address from VA/DC to NOLA in hopes of getting an interview sooner. But seems like you're in the same boat as us here. The VA information on VJ is slim unless its in regards to citizenship. So I'm kind of in the dark as to when things will move or if we'll get an interview. Just mentally hoping for christmas. But in the meantime there's plenty to do in New Orleans to keep busy. Its my favorite city in the world and I've been a lot of places. Enjoy! I miss it. 

heey! that's cool your home town is new New Orleans! If the timeline somehow gets faster I'll let you know! There's plenty to do here, you're right! It's a great city to live 😃 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, John and Janay said:

I am enjoying DC though, yes this wait is frustrating but is it truly better for anyone?. New Orleans is on my bucket list for next year, heard it is very fun.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Dot13 said:

Congratulations. How was your interview? What documents  did you bring?

Our interview is not till October 10 but i will  chime in once we have completed it! 

August 1, 2017 - mailed K1 Application 

August 4 - Receievd TSC - NOA1

August 8 - Transfered to CSC

February 10 - NOA 2

March 1st - MCN# In Transit

March 2nd - AT NVC CEAC

March 12 - Completed D160

March 22 - Ready CEAC

March 27 - SLEC - Medical

March 28 received medical results 

April 2 - CFO Completed 

April 5 - Embassy Interview (Results 221G 😭)

April 20 - Submitted RFE requirements (221G)

April 23 - Docs Recieved at NVC Via 2go

April 24 - email received from Embassy to complete Oath 

April 25 - Oath and Fingerprints - No appointment needed

April 25 CEAC Status update AP

May 3rd - CEAC Status Update Still AP

May 8 - CEAC Staus  Changed to Non Immigrant Status

May 9 - CEAC Status - ISSUED! ❤️👏😂😅

May 12 - VOH - Blessed be to God in the Highest!! 🙏😭

May 30 - POE ✈️

May 31st - Confirmed I94 and applied for SSN

June 4 - Married 🎉🙏🎂💑🍾👰🏻🤵🏻

June 5 - Received SSN! - Took only three business days 👏

July 12 - AOS EAD AP

Juy 21 - NOA1 

Aug 7 - Biometrics 

Aug 14 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview 

Sept 4 - Interview Was Scheduled 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 9/10/2018 at 12:11 PM, ashleykay said:

Thanks! I understand that getting an RFE kinda pushed back our timeline a bit but didn’t think it would be as significant as this as I know others already scheduling their interviews who applied the same time as me. Super impatient, but I know I’m not the only one. I appreciate your advice! 

Also waiting on my EAD expedition too...

How do you expedite ead please assist. Thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Chicago filer here...filed 7/17. Biometric completed 8/8. Now....my husband and I wait....but we are not sure for how long. Any other chicago filer here who can chime in? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just asking uscis will not update the case status into " case ready for an interview " if they didn't received an RFE response  right? 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Jemilyn said:

Just asking uscis will not update the case status into " case ready for an interview " if they didn't received an RFE response  right? 

To my knowledge - No
"Case Ready for Interview" means there's should be no RFEs coming your way
now, that does not mean an IO will not give u an RFE AT the interview. Some folks have gotten one there.

But yes- if your case says "Ready for interview"- you're in the clear for ur local office to give u an interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.