18 posts in this topic

Hey all! I have read many times on visajourney people asking for help when it seems like they are asking for relationship advice. But I am truly asking immigration wise. ( I think) 

Here Is my story in brief. 

In am a USC 

meet guy online fell in love

Went to his country and got married

Came back applied for him cr1

Visited him a few times each time he treated me worse.

Had his baby while waiting for this immigration process.

Now we are in the nvc stage already had a scan date probably will have case closed very soon

And now he treats me like s@#$ every day. Fights me on the phone and doesn't seem  interested in me. 

I feel like he is just waiting to come here and leave me. 

Here is my question when we go to the interview  (Yes he wants me to fly over to his interview) can i privately tell the immigration officer to but him on ap? I know it's a silly question. But I want to give him more time to see his reaction and behavior with me. 

Help what can I do? This sucks. I feel like I was used and now our child will suffer as well. From experience I know Visa Journey repliers will ask what country is it or why haven't filled out my timeline none of these things matter too much. What matters to me is how do I slow down this process so I can figure out what to do. 😭

Thank you all in advance 

1 hour ago, Kit kat said:

Here is my question when we go to the interview  (Yes he wants me to fly over to his interview) can i privately tell the immigration officer to but him on ap? I know it's a silly question. But I want to give him more time to see his reaction and behavior with me. 

Help what can I do? This sucks. I feel like I was used and now our child will suffer as well. From experience I know Visa Journey repliers will ask what country is it or why haven't filled out my timeline none of these things matter too much. What matters to me is how do I slow down this process so I can figure out what to do. 😭

Thank you all in advance 

I wouldn't go to his country for his interview. what if you tell the officer that day and he figured it ? something worse could happen to you or to your child. if this guy yells and treats you like s**t on the phone, he could do worse in real.

don't fly there and removing your application like others already mentioned :) 

Good luck

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If you want to give him more time, just in case if you dont want to pull the application yet, then ask the consulate to delay your interview.  For some very long cases, a person can lose it on the phone however, in your case, as the other posters said, its better to end it right here.  Its sad that the child may grow up without his or her biological father but its better than you or your child getting harmed in any way later on.

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

10 minutes ago, NoProblem said:

If you want to give him more time, just in case if you dont want to pull the application yet, then ask the consulate to delay your interview.  For some very long cases, a person can lose it on the phone however, in your case, as the other posters said, its better to end it right here.  Its sad that the child may grow up without his or her biological father but its better than you or your child getting harmed in any way later on.

The problem is that it is not the OP’s interview. It is the husband's interview. The husband is just asking the OP to tag along.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

The problem is that it is not the OP’s interview. It is the husband's interview. The husband is just asking the OP to tag along.

OP as a petitioner can delay the interview, i.e. ask for at least one extension or delay sending her I-864 when its asked for by the embassy (packet 3.5??).  This is if she needs more time to decide.

2 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

I don't know what rights you would have in Pakistan if he refuses to let you take the child back to the US. This could be his plan to get you back there. I'm sorry I think of the worse things when it comes to kids. Please do not bring your child there.

Yes, in Pakistan, the father can cause issues if child is taken there.  Per my knowledge, over there dad has first right to his children vs. mothers as its in the US.

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pull the sponsorship. If the relationship improves you can repetition again

Also seems like once he gets to America you won't see him anymore either, or worse. 

18 hours ago, Kit kat said:

Hey all! I have read many times on visajourney people asking for help when it seems like they are asking for relationship advice. But I am truly asking immigration wise. ( I think) 

Here Is my story in brief. 

In am a USC 

meet guy online fell in love

Went to his country and got married

Came back applied for him cr1

Visited him a few times each time he treated me worse.

Had his baby while waiting for this immigration process.

Now we are in the nvc stage already had a scan date probably will have case closed very soon

And now he treats me like s@#$ every day. Fights me on the phone and doesn't seem  interested in me. 

I feel like he is just waiting to come here and leave me. 

Thank you all in advance 

There is some really good advice worth heeding here from other posters.  Ultimately, you will follow either your heart or your head, no matter what anyone tells you.

Personally, I urge you to consider whether you would accept his behavior if there were no immigration process involved.  LDR's aren't easy and people can fall out occasionally, but what you describe isn't atypical conflict due to missing each other.  An abusive relationship is an abusive relationship, no matter whether there be immigration issues, long distance or being together in person.  No one deserves to be abused.  Don't put up with it.  Stand up for you and your child and withdraw your application.  You will get through this.

Jlj4m8.png

Don't waste another nickel on him. I wouldn't even consider going to the interview if it were on the next city, let alone a flight away. Save that money that you would have spent on the flight and put it in your kid's college fund. Don't be an enabler by allowing him to make demands that you accede to. Find someone who loves you for who you are, not the passport you hold. 

Call the NVC and withdraw your support. Change your phone number. Block him on Facebook and any other communication tool you have been using with him. Then get down on your knees and thank your lucky stars that neither you nor your baby came to any physical harm and the most damage that has been done is non-refundable visa fees. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 hours ago, Kit kat said:

But I want to give him more time to see his reaction and behavior with me. 

You asked for advice, so mine is: go with this thought of yours. Notify the govt you are removing the sponsorship, and be very clear with your spouse that your needs are not being met right now in the relationship and that this has to change if the relationship is to continue. You may even consider marital counseling - which can be done even with the distance through https://www.breakthrough.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.