Penguin_ie

Trump's published Immigration policies MEGATHREAD

641 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I think you will find your answer here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/important-announcement.html

No non-immigrant visas, no immigrant visas, no diversity visas.

Note: All immigrant visa classifications for nationals of Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Syria, Yemen, and Somalia are subject to the Presidential Proclamation and suspended.  An individual who wishes to apply for an immigrant visa should apply for a visa and disclose during the visa interview any information that might demonstrate that he or she is eligible for an exception or waiver per the Proclamation.  A consular officer will carefully review each case to determine whether the applicant is affected by the Proclamation and, if so, whether the applicant qualifies for an exception or a waiver.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Meeting one time is often not enough for a k1 visa. You will need a LOT of relationship proof, especially if you have differences between you like age difference more than 10 years, difference in religion, if one of you has been married and has children and the other doesn't.  

While I wish this process were simple for everyone,  it isn't. It takes a long time and many k1 visas are not approved. So to have the most chance at success, it would be best to have several visits together before filing to show a real relationship. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, EandH0904 said:

Meeting one time is often not enough for a k1 visa. You will need a LOT of relationship proof, especially if you have differences between you like age difference more than 10 years, difference in religion, if one of you has been married and has children and the other doesn't.  

While I wish this process were simple for everyone,  it isn't. It takes a long time and many k1 visas are not approved. So to have the most chance at success, it would be best to have several visits together before filing to show a real relationship. 

To have any chance of success he needs the travel ban lifted because right now his chances are nil....

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
59 minutes ago, missileman said:

I think you will find your answer here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/important-announcement.html

No non-immigrant visas, no immigrant visas, no diversity visas.

Note: All immigrant visa classifications for nationals of Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Syria, Yemen, and Somalia are subject to the Presidential Proclamation and suspended.  An individual who wishes to apply for an immigrant visa should apply for a visa and disclose during the visa interview any information that might demonstrate that he or she is eligible for an exception or waiver per the Proclamation.  A consular officer will carefully review each case to determine whether the applicant is affected by the Proclamation and, if so, whether the applicant qualifies for an exception or a waiver.

it's impossible then to get USA as long as the ban is active, I thought I might have a chance and get an interview at the embassy and then they will concern such lot of things, but know it seems like ahe can't even apply for K-1 visa!

Oh god that's disappointing..

Edited by Uisestok

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Uisestok said:

it' impossible then to get USA as long as the ban is active, I thought I might have a chance and get an interview at the embassy and then they will concern such lot of things, but know it seems like ahe can't even apply for K-1 visa!

I'm not sure.  I just posted what I saw while searching.  You might ask an immigration attorney who offers free consultation.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Uisestok said:

it's impossible then to get USA as long as the ban is active, I thought I might have a chance and get an interview at the embassy and then they will concern such lot of things, but know it seems like ahe can't even apply for K-1 visa!

No reason to interview because visas have an expiration date (as do some of the documents and medical you provide).  

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
3 hours ago, George & Roth said:

You need to wait for us to vote in a better president, sorry about that. 

So 40 years. Our recent track record isn't good 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
3 hours ago, George & Roth said:

You need to wait for us to vote in a better president, sorry about that. 

Well I think it's going to the Supreme Court, so there is a chance the ban will be gone before 2020. But yes, if the Supreme Court rules in favor of the White House, it could be awhile until the ban is lifted.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-1 Case Progress subforum to the US News & Immigration forum and merged with the existing megathread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 1/26/2018 at 10:09 PM, SkolVikes said:

Well as you said it requires some luck... feel free to shed some light on how you accomplished it. Most small companies won’t hire an attorney and larger companies require advanced degrees.

Which is the way it should be. 

Why should any company go to the effort and expense (not to mention the delay and waiting time for a Visa to be issued and then for the candidate to get over there) of sponsoring a non-citizen without advanced standing/education when they can pick up one of the many under-employed (ie: has a law degree, works in sales - I personally know of five people in the US who fit this description exactly) people who can already legally work in the country?   Many companies who sponsor non-citizens do so because they can't find someone with those specific skills in the US - the delays involved in waiting for them to arrive, the cost for legal fees and often the cost of moving the candidate are prohibitive unless they have a very advanced standing (Masters or above) or very specific skills obtained through many years of study and/or on the job - the cost of recruitment is already high, the cost of recruitment when factoring in an international candidate, visa/legal fees and etc can be anywhere up to 3-4x normal recruitment.

Edited by dentsflogged

12 hours ago, Uisestok said:

She can always move to you when you marry, surely?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 1/27/2017 at 9:10 AM, Ben&Zian said:

They have the option within 100 miles of the boarder itself already to stop anyone they deem suspicious and question them, even if they turn out to be a USC, the boarder control has that authority.

(d) definately caught my attention... perhaps this is a new method of bypassing the whole court thing. Perhaps they have a much further in depth method and this is just the blanket statement. I have always found it annoying that things get stuck in the court systems, and then people just use it to their own advantages and drag things out for 2-3 years, or even up to 10 years. So maybe there is more to it, and I'm all for "prompt" actions if they can do it.

Same as to the no longer having "Catch and release". I don't know why that was ever a policy anyways, so I am happy to see Trump following through immediately with what he said all along.

Pretty big one here too:

Sec. 11.  Parole, Asylum, and Removal.  It is the policy of the executive branch to end the abuse of parole and asylum provisions currently used to prevent the lawful removal of removable aliens.

(a)  The Secretary shall immediately take all appropriate action to ensure that the parole and asylum provisions of Federal immigration law are not illegally exploited to prevent the removal of otherwise removable aliens.

(b)  The Secretary shall take all appropriate action, including by promulgating any appropriate regulations, to ensure that asylum referrals and credible fear determinations pursuant to section 235(b)(1) of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1125(b)(1)) and 8 CFR 208.30, and reasonable fear determinations pursuant to 8 CFR 208.31, are conducted in a manner consistent with the plain language of those provisions.

To be quite honest here, they need to look at the abuse of the 'Asylum' system. I know of several individuals who got Visitor's Visas from certain countries using an 'invite' for a UN Conference in New York City. They arrived and immediately filed for Political Asylum. In New York, they get a stiped, FULL medical and a waiting period of over a year. Meanwhile they can work here, which they do. They make the $$ and send to their kin in their countries. If their stories make sense, they get approved, otherwise they disappear.....

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

U.S. Federal judges have blocked every one of President Trumps travel bans from "dangerous" countries. U.S. District Judge Derrick K. Watson in Hawaii blocked President Trumps 3rd travel ban, which is sure to be appealed, but for now, it means that the administration cannot restrict the entry of travelers from six of the eight countries.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.