Penguin_ie

Trump's published Immigration policies MEGATHREAD

641 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

Is Islam a race?

No?  Then, the policy is not intrinsically racist on that ground.

you are right Islam is not a race... but racism is no longer limited to skin color these days.. it has changed .. its more than white or black

Islamophobia is a form of cultural racism .. which what the travel ban is in my opinion

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lazybones18 said:

you are right Islam is not a race... but racism is no longer limited to skin color these days.. it has changed .. its more than white or black

Islamophobia is a form of cultural racism .. which what the travel ban is in my opinion

Racism specifically applies to race.  That is the definition of the word.  The end.

Islam is also not just one culture..there are many different cultural and religious variations to Islam, so again that argument is false.  

The travel ban can be seen as a targeted type of discrimination against those of certain nationalities and that is exactly what it is and no more.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Other Timeline
7 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

Respond to what I said.

Already written here. 

6 hours ago, abumiqdad said:

it is the 3rd attempt of a ban that (then Candidate) Donald Trump said he would do "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States", and this is also said by Rudy Giuliani on Fox News:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/316726-giuliani-trump-asked-me-how-to-do-a-muslim-ban-legally

"I’ll tell you the whole history of it: When he first announced it, he said ‘Muslim ban,'" Giuliani said on Fox News.

"He called me up, he said, ‘Put a commission together, show me the right way to do it legally.’"

Giuliani said he then put together a commission that included lawmakers and expert lawyers.
"And what we did was we focused on, instead of religion, danger," Giuliani said.

Hence it has been called MUSLIM BAN ever since. 

And it is also the same with Affordable Care Act, where people kept calling it OBAMACARE. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, N-o-l-a said:

Racism specifically applies to race.  That is the definition of the word.  The end.

Islam is also not just one culture..there are many different cultural and religious variations to Islam, so again that argument is false.  

The travel ban can be seen as a targeted type of discrimination against those of certain nationalities and that is exactly what it is and no more.

everyone is entitled to their opinion and above is yours.. However, i disagree completely

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Lazybones18 said:

A phobia is an irrational fear.

FYI

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

Nice try but if the goal was to ban Muslims wouldn't you go after the country with the largest Muslim population? I don't see Indonesia on that list. All of these news outlets that want to constantly say "Muslim majority" countries have never used the term Christian majority country to describe the United States, so it's rather obvious they do it to push an agenda.

I don't think the goal is to ban as many Muslim as possible ... But thank you for illustrating how it could be done efficiently. 

The ban was simply political posturing. 

That negatively impacts Arab Muslims. 

Due to your adiment defense, I am assuming you are prepared to explain why you think your wife should be able to immigrate faster than those from the ban. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Keith & Arileidi said:

I don't think the goal is to ban as many Muslim as possible ... But thank you for illustrating how it could be done efficiently. 

The ban was simply political posturing. 

That negatively impacts Arab Muslims. 

Due to your adiment defense, I am assuming you are prepared to explain why you think your wife should be able to immigrate faster than those from the ban. 

it seems you answered that yourself........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

36 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

I am assuming you are prepared to explain why you think your wife should be able to immigrate faster than those from the ban. 

The Philippines has a stable government where vetting can be done effectively and has good relations with America. The Philippines was once an American territory and they were our allies in WWII.  The Philippines is also not on the US State Departments list of state sponsored terrorists. 

Coming to America is a privilege not a right. For the safety of our country some places should receive more scrutiny than others and some not allowed at all. With that said I do not expect any special treatment for my wife and if her country was on that list I would move there.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Does anyone know if pending AOS cases are on hold indefinitely for marriage-based green card applications for people from the affected countries?? And will my husband be able to travel to iran and back with the AP?? :(:unsure:

AOS Timeline

Married: 08/26/2016

AOS Filed: 10/27/2016

AOS Case received: 10/31/2016

NOA Received: 11/16/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 12/08/2016

RFIE response received: 01/13/2017

EAD Card in production: 03/14/2017 

7 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

I am assuming you meant "But if someone is not American it does not apply?"

Correct I meant not 

8 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Thats why i put" bonafide" in my last post, the US citizen filing cannot be discriminated against on the basis of the beneficiaries home country.

If a beneficiary's country can't be taken into consideration then the courts will overturn this, right?

8 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Saying i cant file for my family member because they are from a certain county has already been ruled unconstitutional.

Anyone can file.

Timeline

sooo... :whistle: 

impacts of the ban on current AOS pending applications, anyone have any info/insight on this?

I'm not here to argue about it, the fact of the matter is that it really sucks for everyone affected by it, we don't have the privilege to sit here and argue about it, it gets us nowhere. We're still affected whether we believe it's a "good" or "bad" decision.

We just need to know if we're on hold indefinitely and whether or not the AP is still good for traveling while the case is pending. I can't seem to find a clear, concise answer anywhere. Any help is appreciated!

AOS Timeline

3 minutes ago, lmenko said:

impacts of the ban on current AOS pending applications, anyone have any info/insight on this?

I'm not here to argue about it, the fact of the matter is that it really sucks for everyone affected by it, we don't have the privilege to sit here and argue about it, it gets us nowhere. We're still affected whether we believe it's a "good" or "bad" decision.

We just need to know if we're on hold indefinitely and whether or not the AP is still good for traveling while the case is pending. I can't seem to find a clear, concise answer anywhere. Any help is appreciated!

Sadly it may take a while for the dust to settle and to get actual clarification on what will happen. Even then it will probably be very hard to find factual unbiased reporting on the topic. The best thing for you to do may be to contact your senator or congressman. At least then you should be able to get facts over rhetoric.

Timeline
1 minute ago, RO_AH said:

Sadly it may take a while for the dust to settle and to get actual clarification on what will happen. Even then it will probably be very hard to find factual unbiased reporting on the topic. The best thing for you to do may be to contact your senator or congressman. At least then you should be able to get facts over rhetoric.

I just read through the doc on the whitehouse website and it looks like the AP is covered under exemptions in section 3(b)iii (iii)  "any foreign national who has a document other than a visa -- such as a transportation letter, an appropriate boarding foil, or an advance parole document -- valid on the applicable effective date under section 7 of this proclamation or issued on any date thereafter, that permits him or her to travel to the United States and seek entry or admission", so that is at least some okay news. 

But the AOS processing will probably drag on. I imagine that's why it's been held up so far but who knows? :clock:

AOS Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

As heated as the debates are, can we please keep this thread focused on actual information relevant to those affected? It is exhausting to constantly see arguments on whether or not the person I love most in the world should be allowed to join me in my country or not or whether I should actually risk my life to move to him instead, as one person suggested.

As much as I'd love to start another thread just to keep up to date, we always get moved back to this megathread where things spiral out of control.

Timeline
7 hours ago, lmenko said:

We filed in March and still haven't had an interview or even case update at all since April, though my husband did get his EAD/AP in 80 days. We are traveling out of the country in a couple of months on his AP and will let you all know how it goes. I'm not too worried because the language of the order says AP granted before the ban can be honored, but it is sad that his family cannot easily visit us.

Other AOS cases at my field office had interviews months ago and filed at the same time as us, but at our InfoPass appointment they told us Iranians are not going slower than others. Trying to be patient but it's hard. They never responded to our online case status inquiry from October 3 so our congressman's office is inquiring for us this week.

03-16-2017 Sent I-130, I-145, I-131, and I-765 renewal to Chicago Lockbox

03-20-2017 Priority Date according to I-797C

03-28-2017 NOA1 Text and Email notifications received

04-03-2017 NOA1 documents received in the mail 

04-05-2017 RFIE notification

04-07-2017 Biometrics letter arrived

04-10-2017 RFIE letter received for birth certificate (that we already sent)

04-11-2017 InfoPass and mailed RFIE response

04-19-2017 RFIE response received by USCIS

04-21-2017 Biometrics appointment

06-08-2017 EAD/AP approved (day 80)

10-03-2017 Sent online case status inquiry for I-485

11-06-2017 InfoPass appointment about case status 

12-05-2017 Requested case update from Congressperson's office

01-22-2018 Interview!! Approved on the spot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.