Eric-Pris

How can a mid-20's man be in love with mid-50's woman?

44 posts in this topic

This may sound judgemental, but I'm just curious and trying to understand it. It's just not "normal" in society, especially in the region where it seems to be happening most.

If it is real, is it some kind of "mommy" thing, not cared for enough as a baby?

Personally, I think that 90% of these cases as for GC only, either a business transaction between both parties or the all too often seen straight out scam by the beneficiary pretending until the time when he no longer needs the USC.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Eric-Pris

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Highly suspect ~ cougar style

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Lots of cougars have settled in and are settling for younger boy toys.

What's the harm in that?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I've often wondered the same thing the other way around, but it is an exchange of money, greencard, whatever, for basically sex and companionship for whatever period of time. All marriages and relationships are exchanges of some kind, this is just in which you can more readily recognize what is being traded.

USCIS/DOS obviously doesn't care, otherwise they would stop approving these petitions and visas. How do you prove people are not in love?

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is no different than a 20 something girl marrying an 50 plus old fart. They are looking for the "other" benefits. Look at the number of actresses that marry boy toys. An older woman has more assets, no raging hormones and no need to beat the bio clock anymore.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

So, it's acceptable for a man to be older than his woman but if it's the other way around it's probably a business transaction or a scam?

I would be curious to know the statistics on how many older man- younger woman marriages end up in divorce vs older woman- younger man marriages.

I am older than my husband. He is no longer in his 20's and I am not yet in my 50's however, I can tell you, since you said you are curious and wanting to understand it... our relationship is no different than if we were the same age. When we met we had no idea what each others age was. I met him on a medical mission trip. He translated for me. We had a lot in common - I know this is the part you question - what we could possibly have in common so I will be specific. We both enjoy cooking - we would exchange recipes and talk for hours about the different foods and customs in each others countries. We would discuss news stories and current events. He would send each other books to read or movies that we thought the other would like to see. We both love to travel so we would spend hours dreaming of the places we would like to go. Every night he would send me a new song to listen to while I fell asleep. By the time we knew each others age, it was more than a friendship. My husband is college educated, had a good job, was very close with his family and was happy with his life in his country. I am a medical professional with a good career and plenty of activities to keep me busy. I wasn't lonely, bored or in need of a man or money, and he certainly didn't need another mother (his is wonderful). We look the same age. If you were to see us, you wouldn't know I was the older one. There are the specifics for you.

To generalize a bit more:

Personally, I think women age better than men ( color their hair, make up, etc) so may not look their age.

Men have been marrying younger women through out history. Men were typically the breadwinners and women were dependent on them. In the last few decades, women's role in society has changed. They are educated and no longer have to be dependent on men financially or otherwise, so they have more freedom to enter into non- traditional relationships, no different then men.

I'm not sure that the older women - younger man marriage is anymore likely to be a scam for a green card than the older man- younger woman.

I'm not saying all these relationships are legit - any time there is an age difference, regardless of who is older there is a higher risk of fraud. There are plenty of " my spouse ran off after green card was issued " threads that seem to apply to any relationship that wasn't legit, or maybe it was legit but just didn't work out.

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is still the norm for people to want to create replacements. A 65 year old man can still do that. A 65 year old woman not so easy. In many countries this is more important than others. IF you are doing the cougar thing and the man does NOT have children already this is the main question you are probably going to have to cover. I am significantly older than husband ( but he is not younger than my children I still find that concept creepy ) But that was not an issue really in the interview. although we know our path to his replacements. We failed our first interview because they decided to demand he taill the CO details of my work in return for a visa ( which is something he does not know to this day )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well said Agrabs. Why is it looked at different when the woman is older. I have dated younger men, at one point 21 years my junior. I don't care for the term cougar because I am not on the prowl for younger men. I wouldn't have minded finding a man more my age. Seems they're all married or completely set in their ways and boring. I'm young at heart like to have fun. Maybe I'm in denial of my age. Regardless, younger men constantly approach me and are relentless in their pursuit. We have all kinds of things in common....music, travel, philosophy, values etc. From what they tell me young girls are promiscuous, flighty, drama filled, and immature. They want a fulfilling relationship. Older women know what we want and have our heads on straight. And as far as physical attraction...age never enters my mind and no one ever thinks I'm my age. Good genes I guess lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

(Please note that this post is meant as satire and should be read as such. Thank you - VJ Moderation Team)

You know what really makes me sick? When I see people that I don't want to screw together as a couple. Just think about that for a minute. They're having SEX with each other. God how gross.

Fat people, short people, tall people, ones with handicaps, colored people, old people, young people, ones that wear clothes I don't like or stupid religions, democrats, republicans, south-siders, people that drive old cars or play badmitton. I could just puke thinking about all the people out there that I don't want to have sex with - and yet there they are, banging away as if they actually LIKED it.

It has to be something else, right? They can't be ATTRACTED to each other or have FEELINGS - because I don't. And come to think of it there are people that eat snails, bugs, raw fish, or God Help Us - they watch cars driving around in circles for 500 miles and scream as if they were EXCITED about it.

I am the smartest, most insightful person since the beginning of time, the perfect human, more God than human and it follows that people who do different from me are not just wrong, but stinking, putrid puddles of writhing evil bacteria that could very well infect the earth and kill us off.

Any questions for His Majesty?

Edited by Kathryn41