MichaelJuan.198

What team are we on? (let’s be honest…)

16 posts in this topic

Hi here,

Me and my wife Julia just sent our 751 packet. Regarding the removal of condition, from what I understand the packets can be sent to difference service centered. Potomac is dreaded and is usually categorized as “blocked”. Now… there are three schools:

- 1) The “Your Service Serve Matters” school: here people argue that you have more chances to be approved quickly if you are at the right service center.

- 2) The “It doesn’t Matter What Service Center, It’s Completely Random” school. These people don’t believe that one service center is worst than another. I fact they think of it as a random process.

- 3) The “Ugh” school! This refers the some people on this forum, usually very active and very negative. Any question is met with a cold and “Duh” answer. *IF YOU ARE PART OF THIS SCHOOL, YOU CAN CLOSE THE PAGE NOW, THIS POST IS NOT FOR YOU* 🚩😘

Question: can those from the school 1 and 2 give me facts and why you think this or that way? Thank you so much.

Ps: remember, I’m looking for positive and respectful feedback only. Negativity or pessimism won’t be tolerated in this post.

I think I’m school 4: “the service center might matter, but you can end up in a ‘quick’ service center on the desk of a ‘slow’ rep. 

This is a public forum, so anybody can respond how they like of course, positive or negative.

Honestly, I’ve been a member here for a while and don’t recognize the schools you are referring to, but maybe you put me under school 3, I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by Daphne .

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

8 minutes ago, Daphne . said:

I think I’m school 4: “the service center might matter, but you can end up in a ‘quick’ service center on the desk of a ‘slow’ rep. 

This is a public forum, so anybody can respond how they like of course, positive or negative.

Honestly, I’ve been a member here for a while and don’t recognize the schools you are referring to, but maybe you put me under school 3, I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️

First of all thanks for your answer. I appreciate it. I think it makes a lot of sense actually. When you say, “the Service Center might matter” do you know which one(s) is usually considered “better”?

20 minutes ago, Daphne . said:

It would be a moot point because you have no control over which service center your case goes to. 

Oh, that’s a fallacy. The only one talking about control over the destination of the packet is you.

The problem with "fast" service center is...

When submitted I-751 at WAC, the processing time was 7 months, then went all the way up to 14 or something. I ended up getting petition approved in 20.5 months.

It's not completely random, even if it seems. My friend who submitted I-751 two weeks later after me got it approved 4-5 months earlier than me. At that time all the cases around his were being processed. All the cases around mine were skipped for few months. Hard to tell what happened, but I think that's how USCIS tried "improving" processing times? 

Is it actually random though? Almost everyone in the southwest appears to get assigned WAC.   Similar trends are observed in other states.  Yes there are exceptions but I am talking about where the vast majority appear to end up 

I would also say that if you plan to apply for citizenship it honestly doesn't matter what service center you end up at. Service center is assigned based on primarily location, with then case load a secondary concern. 

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

event.png

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

I would also say that if you plan to apply for citizenship it honestly doesn't matter what service center you end up at. Service center is assigned based on primarily location, with then case load a secondary concern. 

This. The speed that our I-751 petition was dealt with ended up being about our N-400 processing. The IO said there was no way the I-751 would have been on his desk if not for the N-400.

Since pretty much all I-751's since about May of this year have been receiving IOE numbers and are being scanned for electronic processing, it seems predictable that in the future frequent changes of service centers may become more common.  Also, since all these new IOE cases have not started being processed or approved in large numbers just yet, it would be difficult for anyone to predict what impact electronic processing will have.  But it is predictable that things will be "different", once all the paper cases start working their way out of the system.  So predictions about how new cases will be processed based on how older cases were processed may not be valid.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***One non-contributory remark and one quoting removed***  

-VJ Moderation

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here's what the codes stand for for each of the USCIS service centers that process immigration applications: EAC - Eastern Adjudication Center (Vermont Service Center) WAC - Western Adjudication Center (California Service Center) LIN - Lincoln Service Center (Nebraska Service Center)Oct 9, 2022

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/all-forms/service-center-forms-processing

Chart shows what field offices do ROC   there are 3 adjudiation centers but there are 5  offices that do ROC and any one of them can get a case depending on case loads  OR case can be transfered at any time especially this time of year when staff is off for several holidays or has to take a vacation or loose it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.