Crazy Cat

Online N-400 completed and submitted (5 Year Rule)!!!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

We just submitted my wife's N-400 online.  Let the new wait begin!!!  I really hope she gets a combo interview soon. They owe us a favor.

This is so exciting! I hope it's quick! You've already waited too long!

23 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

We just submitted my wife's N-400 online.  Let the new wait begin!!!  I really hope she gets a combo interview soon. They owe us a favor.

GodSpeed CAT!

54 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

We just submitted my wife's N-400 online under the 5 year rule.  Let the new wait begin!!!  I really hope she gets a combo interview soon. They owe us a favor.

We are all rooting for you guys!! 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You finally decided to act on this?  Heheheh 

Why did you submit on day 1 at 12:01? Any benefit of doing that? 🤭🤭...just joking here..just making light of those day 1 midnight filers 🤣

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Family said:

She will have an N-400 interview in less than 6 months ( most likely 3mo) . I strongly recommend you write a Letter Attn: Field Office Director as follows:

Request for Combo interview and Supplemental Filing 

I-751 Kindergarten Age , pending since xyz case # 123 / N-400 xxx

Also send a copy of exact letter to address on paper receipt of N-400

They won’t respond to your letter but it will be “seen “ by a few eyes when N-400 gets scheduled….and this has worked  like magic quite a few times. Just stick to no longer than one page letter  include copy of receipt notices or both. 

Great idea!  Based on your suggestion, I just uploaded a request letter for a combination I-751/N-400 interview or waiver of the I-751 interview.  I hope it works.  Thank you so much for the suggestion.

By the way, we also just received the "reuse biometrics" letter.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Weird.  This is now the status:

"

August 7, 2022

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

As of August 7, 2022, we are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXXX. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

I guess "active reviewing" is not really actively reviewing?

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

Weird.  This is now the status:

"

August 7, 2022

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

As of August 7, 2022, we are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXXX. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

I guess "active reviewing" is not really actively reviewing?

Just normal USCIS wording. I had this for 1 year..

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Timona said:

Just normal USCIS wording. I had this for 1 year..

I know.  Their definitions are different from mine...😁

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I've seen this 'actively reviewing' first with AOS filers a couple months ago. Everybody was getting super excited just to find out that still nothing is happening 😁

Good luck for a speedy ending of this journey 

9 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

We just submitted my wife's N-400 online under the 5-year rule.  Let the new wait begin!!!  I really hope she gets a combo interview soon. They owe us a favor.

BTW, filing under the 5-year rule was pretty easy.

Can I ask why you didn't apply under the 3-year rule since you have been married long enough?

Is there any advantage waiting till the 5-year rule over the 3-year rule?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
34 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

Can I ask why you didn't apply under the 3-year rule since you have been married long enough?

Is there any advantage waiting till the 5-year rule over the 3-year rule?

Thanks in advance for any response.

1.  My wife returns to Taiwan every couple years.  Unfortunately, at the 3 year point, we didn't have one document we needed to file her N-400 (a divorce certificate).  She was able to obtain the document around the first of this year during a trip there.  Since she was so close to the 5 year mark (June 22, 2022) as a legal resident, she decided to wait to file for citizenship.

2.  Yes, the big advantage is that there is a LOT less evidence required to file under the 5 year rule.  There is no "bona fide marriage" proof as is needed for removal of conditions.

Believe me, filing online under the 5 year rule was easy.  

Edited by Crazy Cat

Timeline

This is what we uploaded for her N-400 application:

1.  A copy of my wife's Green Card.

2.  Our marriage certificate

3.  Her divorce certificate

4.  My first wife's death certificate. 

5.  Wife's last 5 years' tax transcripts.

We filed at about 9:00am.  We have already received the receipt and the "reuse biometrics" notice.

Had we filed under the 3 year rule, we would have been required to upload a great deal more.

Edited by Crazy Cat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

guess "active reviewing" is not really actively reviewing?

Especially not on a weekend!!! 
Soooo glad to know you guys are on track to (hopefully) your last round with CIS. I’ll be following closely! I’ll be eligible to apply in Feb 2023, but I might as well wait. Not in a big hurry.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.