amarsolo

Married living two different addresses (merged)

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello everyone 

Iam fixing to fill the n400 ander 5 years

My question is iam married and living in different addresses because of my new job 

Should i check married or separate

Thx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you are married so u check married if the question is "are u Married?"

if the question asks, "are u filing under the 3 year marriage condition?  "  u mark No 

the 2 questions are totally different

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Your marital status is Married.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post removed.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you would put you are married cause by law you are married even if you live at 2 different addresses 

On 1/3/2022 at 8:31 AM, JeanneAdil said:

you are married so u check married if the question is "are u Married?"

if the question asks, "are u filing under the 3 year marriage condition?  "  u mark No 

the 2 questions are totally different

wouldn't she have to put Yes since she is under the 5 year rule?

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 hours ago, MASH said:

you would put you are married cause by law you are married even if you live at 2 different addresses 

wouldn't she have to put Yes since she is under the 5 year rule?

actually the person is married and as i read and understand the officer at the interview will ask questions based on the marriage 

i may be wrong but i would expect both should attend at the interview 

and just because he waited 5 years to apply ,  still has to show  bona fida marriage and he could have applied under 3 year rule 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2022 at 8:10 AM, JeanneAdil said:

actually the person is married and as i read and understand the officer at the interview will ask questions based on the marriage 

i may be wrong but i would expect both should attend at the interview 

and just because he waited 5 years to apply ,  still has to show  bona fida marriage and he could have applied under 3 year rule 

They did not allow me to attend our interview in Dec, under the 3-yr rule

Couldnt attend the oath either

Edited by iwannaplay54

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Hello everyone

I got my 10 yo GC through marriage , and 

I have applied for naturalisation under the 5 years rule , but me and my wife we live in 2 different address because if my job distance from my House, and now i found a job in my city close to my house and i am really confused should i take the job or not ,coz i really happy in my current job, and the only reason i will take the other job coz iam scared  that living separate from my wife will affect my case , plz help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Switching jobs now doesn’t change your previous address history.  

IME the IO will want evidence you had or have a valid marriage. 

Be forthcoming about the fact you two don’t live together and hope for the best.  

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Switching jobs now doesn’t change your previous address history.  

IME the IO will want evidence you had or have a valid marriage. 

Be forthcoming about the fact you two don’t live together and hope for the best.  

Under the five year rule too? I thought that's the 'easier' way where the applicant stands on their own.

6 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Under the five year rule too? I thought that's the 'easier' way where the applicant stands on their own.

5-year rule is easier in that "living in marital union with USC spouse" is not a requirement.  But the USCIS officer still has discretion to scrutinize everything relevant to the applicant's immigration record, including whether they gained LPR status through fraudulent marriage.

*** Threads of the same topic merged. Only one thread per topic allowed.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hello everyone

My interview for citizenship is next week ,i wonder if  me living in too different adresses could effect me, i have a place where i work and another place in my days off ,where my wife stay.that really makes me worry cos you need to live in the same place the last 3 months

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I see no issue. Explain it at interview if asked 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, amarsolo said:

Hello everyone

My interview for citizenship is next week ,i wonder if  me living in too different adresses could effect me, i have a place where i work and another place in my days off ,where my wife stay.that really makes me worry cos you need to live in the same place the last 3 months

You cant have two addresses at the same time. Hopefully your drivers licence address is where your wife lives .. the place you stay when you are working would be treated like a business trip where you are in short term temporary accommodation because of work … even if you have a lease on that second residence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.