402 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

Hi we are in process of completing application for my wife removal of conditions based on marriage based green card , do we need to submit biometric fee as well? What are the total fees did you guys sent, did you sent 1 check or 2?

One check is fine. Yes, include the biometrics fee. The total should be $680 ($595 filing fee + $85 biometrics fee).

08/15/2017 -  I-129F NOA1 

02/22/2018 - NOA2 (online)

02/26/2018 - NOA2

03/20/2018 - NVC received, RDJ assigned 

05/24/2018 - Medical

05/29/2018 - Interview (rescheduled by Consulate for 06/06)

06/06/2018  - Interview

06/15/2018 - Visa in hand

07/21/2018 - POE

07/26/2018 - Wedding day

08/23/2018 - Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)

08/24/2018 - Package received

08/25/2018 - NOA1 for I-130, I-485, I-765

09/07/2018 - Received hard copy of NOA1

10/23/2018 - Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131 

11/09/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Done

11/15/2018 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

01/29/2019 - Request for Initial Evidence  EAD/AP

xx/xx/2019 - EAD/AP Approved

XX/XX/201X - Card in Production

XX/XX/201X - Received Approval Notice in the Mail

XX/XX//201X - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me

XX/XX/201X - Card Received

XX/XX/201X - Interview Date XX/XX

XX/XX/201X - Interview

XX/XX/201X - Received hard copy for GC

XX/XX/201X - USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

XX/XX/201X - Permanent Resident/Green Card received 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Anyone else with package sent to USCIS Potomac Service Center ? 
It says that it is in Virginia. I sent mine and they received it December 20th. My card expired in September and I paid with credit card and they accepted it.

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

52 minutes ago, jackyjimenez said:

Anyone else with package sent to USCIS Potomac Service Center ? 
It says that it is in Virginia. I sent mine and they received it December 20th. My card expired in September and I paid with credit card and they accepted it.

Yes we are Potomac Service Center 

Just received the text from USCIS today. Looks like I am in Potomac Service Center as well.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

An update! We received a letter yesterday informing us that my husband has a biometrics appointment on January 10. 

I suspect this is the last we'll hear from USCIS for a couple of years lol. 

USCIS just cashed my check today.

New Petition:

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

1 hour ago, MarryMe987654 said:

USCIS just cashed my check today.

May I ask when you sent your petition out? They received my petition at 11am on thursday and nothing has happened yet. I know it was christmas and stuff, but I'm a little worried since my greencard expires next week.

Added my info to the spreadsheet a couple days ago but figured I'd post it here as an update as well:

Sent it USPS Express with signature on  Dec 18 (earliest possible day to file) and it was delivered Monday morning (Dec 20 at 9AM). I received the text notification on Dec 23 and the check showed up in the account as cashed on Dec 24.
Husband will be checking the mail on the way home, but I assume it's too early for the notice to have arrived yet especially with the holidays. It also went to Potomac so...guess we've got a long wait on our hands haha

We put our packet in a manila envelope inside the Express envelope and wrote the address and return address on it just in case it got separated somehow.
Packet page order was:

1) G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
2) Intro letter explaining what the petition was for and what we included
3) Check
4) I-751 form
5) Documents requested (copies of permanent residence card) and other identification documents that weren't asked for (copy of US citizen spouse's passport and extra copy of marriage license)
6) Evidence

Made sure to use extra paper clips to secure the check since our original K1 petition was rejected because the check fell into the envelope and they didn't check for it

1 hour ago, Toastbear said:

May I ask when you sent your petition out? They received my petition at 11am on thursday and nothing has happened yet. I know it was christmas and stuff, but I'm a little worried since my greencard expires next week.

Sent my packet via USPS on December 20th.
USPS tracking shows as delivered on December 22nd.

USCIS Case Tracker says that it was received on December 22nd.

Checked my bank account this morning and it showed that the check has been cashed.

New Petition:

1 minute ago, MarryMe987654 said:

Sent my packet via USPS on December 20th.
USPS tracking shows as delivered on December 22nd.

USCIS Case Tracker says that it was received on December 22nd.

Checked my bank account this morning and it showed that the check has been cashed.

Funny enough I just got the text message with our casenumber. So that was me being worried for no reason as always haha.

Looks like its Potomac Service center, so I'm guessing no interview? :o

8 minutes ago, Toastbear said:

Funny enough I just got the text message with our casenumber. So that was me being worried for no reason as always haha.

Looks like its Potomac Service center, so I'm guessing no interview? :o

I am not sure if that what Potomac Service Center means... I would interested to know if Potomac is historically easier or quicker or not.

My greencard will expire in March and I need to make sure that I won't have any problems when I travel in April.

Goodluck to us!

New Petition:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
2 hours ago, MarryMe987654 said:

I am not sure if that what Potomac Service Center means... I would interested to know if Potomac is historically easier or quicker or not.

My greencard will expire in March and I need to make sure that I won't have any problems when I travel in April.

Goodluck to us!

Hi, May I know what Potomac Svc Center means? How to check if mine was delivered to there?

On 12/23/2021 at 4:12 PM, s306 said:

Update: Got the rejection packet back from USCIS. They sent it priority mail. They said that check has expired or its in the future which iss impossible. It was dated 12/10/21.

Anyway, I reprinted i-751, g1145 and i used a credit card with the original paperwork and submitted it overnight to USCIS today!

USCIS received on 24th. Just got a notification that CC was charged $680 a few minutes ago.

16 hours ago, Y & J said:

Hi, May I know what Potomac Svc Center means? How to check if mine was delivered to there?

Potomac is the service center located in Arlington, VA. Not sure if the word 'Potomac' means anything else.

Once USCIS confirms that they received your packet, they will give you the receipt number. The first three letters of the receipt number will determine your service center. If it starts with YSC, then your application will be processed in Potomac.

New Petition:

18 hours ago, MarryMe987654 said:

Goodluck to us!

Potomac has a wait time of 20-24 months. Usually if you had an interview for AOS you will not interview for ROC. As far as your travels, when you get the letter from USCIS that is your 24 month extension to your green card. Do not lose that paper. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.