393 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi guys, I know it's a bit too early to start the forum for Dec filers 😂

but I figuered we can share our package lists and stuff, even feelings 😘

I've been collecting proof for this since AOS 🙃 

I saved anything that's related to our marriage,

so I could be less stressed out when it's close to the time for filing.

My GC will expire on Feb 28, 2022.

The earliest day I can send out my application is Nov 30.

I plan on sending it out on Dec 1st.

I will share my timeline when I do.

Here's the USCIS link if you aren't sure when:

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-calculator-for-form-i-751-filing-jointly-with-your-spouse

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
On 11/9/2021 at 1:51 AM, Violax said:

Hi guys, I know it's a bit too early to start the forum for Dec filers 😂

but I figuered we can share our package lists and stuff, even feelings 😘

I've been collecting proof for this since AOS 🙃 

I saved anything that's related to our marriage,

so I could be less stressed out when it's close to the time for filing.

My GC will expire on Feb 28, 2022.

The earliest day I can send out my application is Nov 30.

I plan on sending it out on Dec 1st.

I will share my timeline when I do.

Here's the USCIS link if you aren't sure when:

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-calculator-for-form-i-751-filing-jointly-with-your-spouse

Hi! I was wondering if there was a December filers thread.

My card expires in March and I can file starting December 3rd.

I think I have most of my packet ready, I just need to print and organize everything :P

Husbands window actually opens 11/14 but we are mailing on Dec 1 so I guess we will join both groups😄 

We have so much to put in I’m just trying to get my head around organizing it best. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Iscir said:

Hi! I was wondering if there was a December filers thread.

My card expires in March and I can file starting December 3rd.

I think I have most of my packet ready, I just need to print and organize everything :P

Hi there, we're still waiting on our friend and cowoker to write an affidavit for us and I haven't started to compile our pictures yet... so lazy😑 We even bought a printer just for this...

BTW, I received a notice from USCIS on 11/3, a reminder to file Form I-751.

Did you guys receive it too?

Timeline
5 hours ago, SuznAaron said:

Husbands window actually opens 11/14 but we are mailing on Dec 1 so I guess we will join both groups😄 

We have so much to put in I’m just trying to get my head around organizing it best. 

Yay welcome!

It's always nice to have other people's timelines for guidance along the way.

Good for you! I am afraid we don't have much to prove... 

We only have the basic stuff, joint bank account, car/health insurance, utility bills and tax return. I'm also contemplating that wether to use tabs...

Timeline
4 hours ago, Violax said:

Hi there, we're still waiting on our friend and cowoker to write an affidavit for us and I haven't started to compile our pictures yet... so lazy😑 We even bought a printer just for this...

I received a reminder too. I mean, not in the mail yet but I was able to see it on my USCIS account.

I already compiled our pictures. I am sending 14 total, possible a couple more. We usually just takes selfies so I tried to find pictures that weren't selfies and had a recognizable background 😅

Timeline
4 hours ago, Violax said:

Yay welcome!

We only have the basic stuff, joint bank account, car/health insurance, utility bills and tax return. I'm also contemplating that wether to use tabs...

Well I think what you have is pretty good! I have the same things too. I thought I didn't have much to prove either, but I have been looking everywhere for things, even my email, and I have found stuff that I think could help my case. Also, I have written letters to explain certain things, like our finances, etc.

I separated everything in sections, then I will use tabs. Like section 1, then document 1A, 1B, etc.

Timeline
9 hours ago, SuznAaron said:

Welcome! I hope you find a good way of organizing everything! I am just doing it the same way as our visa petition :P

7 hours ago, Violax said:

Hi! Surprisingly we did receive the notice in the mail. Don't even get me started with pictures. That's the last thing we put together, organized, and put in a word document to print out. Ugh!! It was the hardest part! I think we over did it though! 

7 hours ago, Violax said:

Yay welcome!

We ended up buying one of those ACCO file folders (has the 2 prong fastener at the top). Its in 4 sections so I will be somehow finding 4 topics to section lol. Yes I am getting some tabs as well. It is recommended but put the tabs at the bottom as recommended by USCIS. Make sure you have something regarding your living arrangements like both names on a deed or rental agreement. If you took any trips put that too. I saw others saying they are putting in the letter regarding the stimulus checks we got. I am including that too. We I have a minute I will put a list together of everything we have and put it up. Good luck to you all!

I put together my list (from memory) so I may actually have left some things out. This is what we have so far. We are debating Power of Attorney for heath but haven't reached a decision yet. This is in no way organized but its close. Hope this may help someone out. 

Check for $680
I751 form
G 1145 e-notification of form acceptance
Copy of green card front and back
Copy of marriage license 
Some pictures from the wedding
Copy of passports (both) 
Info Showing same residence:
Copy of driver’s license (both)
Copies of concealed carry permits (both)
Deed 
Copy of stimulus check letter
Quarterly copies of bills showing both our names from marriage date – November2021 for water, utilities, propane, internet, TV, waste collection
HOA bill with copy of check showing both names
Copy of post office email showing both names on account
Financial: 
Quarterly statements for joint checking account (copies of debit cards to show use of both cards in the account)
Tax statements for past 2 years
Copies of joint Apple account/ family sharing plan/ Apple card
Copies of credit cards in both names
Tax statements for vehicle
Other:
Proof of health insurance for both
Title to car
Beneficiary evidence for work and life insurance
2 affidavits with a picture included of us with the person writing the affidavit
Travel:
Copies of trip itineraries for 2019, 2020 and 2021 (flight info and hotel info for all). Included pictures of all trips taken
Copies of COVID negative test results from return trip for Mexico 2021
Pictures from trips to visit in-laws
Receipts for boarding the dog for all travel (both our names) included pictures of the dog (sure she’s our baby)
Assorted:
Pictures from our anniversaries and copies of cards we gave each other
Copies of cards given to us for holidays from parents. 
Pictures at Christmas and other holidays
Birthdays cards we gave each other
Assorted random pictures of us at different holidays (Thanksgiving and St Patrick's day)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

My window opens on 12/22. I think I am mostly prepared but there is always that residual stress.

Since I arrived in the US end of March 2020 (yay just as Covid19 peaked) I have gathered

• Joint Taxes for 2020
  • Checking account that's the main one for household expenses and such
  • 2nd Checking account for fun things so to speak
  • Savings account
  • Health insurance proof for 2020 and 2021
  • ID and Drivers license with same address
  • 3 credit cards with each other as authorized user (2 mine 1 hers)
  • Power of attorney for healthcare
  • About 80 pics between 2018-2021
  • Phone bill showing we are on the same family plan
  • Family zoo subscription
  • Transcript from the college I am attending showing our address
  • Electricity bills from 2020-now
  • Utilities bills from 2020-now
  • Marriage license (though I am not sure that will be useful since they already are aware we are married)
  • Passport/Birth certificate of my wife as a citizen
  • My birth certificate

Man at this point I am not even sure I have anything more to add. Maybe life insurance when she finishes with open enrollment. I am just trying to think like when I was doing the I-130. Focus on what exists now not what may come otherwise you will get a heart attack from stress.

2 hours ago, Lightbird said:

My window opens on 12/22. I think I am mostly prepared but there is always that residual stress.

Since I arrived in the US end of March 2020 (yay just as Covid19 peaked) I have gathered

• Joint Taxes for 2020
  • Savings account
  • Marriage license (though I am not sure that will be useful since they already are aware we are married)
  • My birth certificate

Man at this point I am not even sure I have anything more to add. Maybe life insurance when she finishes with open enrollment. I am just trying to think like when I was doing the I-130. Focus on what exists now not what may come otherwise you will get a heart attack from stress.

I think you are looking good! If I may add one thing though...you haven't addressed a deed, mortgage, or rental agreement with both names. I think that is a big one to add. Also don't forget the front and back copy of your green card! 

I am also including the marriage certificate and a few wedding pictures as we are filing jointly based on marriage. 

Per the USCIS: Evidence of the relationship:
Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted status was entered in good faith and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date;

Good luck! 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Lightbird said:

• Joint Taxes for 2020
  • Savings account
  • My birth certificate

I would say add things from before you arrived in the US, because it seems you're mostly adding things starting from 2020. You need to show things from when the marriage started, not just since you became a resident. I came on a CR1 visa too, so for that time period I am just adding boarding passes/Itineraries and pictures. I don't have much more from before I was a resident.

5 hours ago, Iscir said:

I would say add things from before you arrived in the US, because it seems you're mostly adding things starting from 2020. You need to show things from when the marriage started, not just since you became a resident. I came on a CR1 visa too, so for that time period I am just adding boarding passes/Itineraries and pictures. I don't have much more from before I was a resident.

Good point! Hubby came on K1 so definitely different situation. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.