xxthrowawayxx

Fraudulent Marriage- I751 Application

27 posts in this topic

I'm the spouse with citizenship. 

After being married for a little over two years (and having had a kid), I found out my spouse had been cheating. During the separation/divorce process, I found and gathered the following evidence: 

* Three conversations in social media to three different people about obtaining a GC (in exchange for money and surrogacy)

* Proof of the cheating (basically, prostitution) from before marriage, during marriage and during separation (profiles and conversations that money in exchange for sex)

When we separated, the spouse had been recently granted a GC with conditions. Due date to apply for removal came earlier this year and I have learned that they are now waiting for a decision. I understand that it can take a couple of years, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do so that they don't get these conditions removed. I understand many of you are in a position where you want conditions removed, but understand that this person entered into the marriage fraudulently and is/has been working as a prostitute for the last couple of years (evidence also gathered). 

I submitted a report a few times to the email indicated in the website a few years ago and never heard back. The reporting process was recently updated and I resent an Affidavit with all the evidence I had sent in the past and this time, I got an automated response from USCIS. 

From a legal standpoint, I don't want to be the sponsor for this person. They are not a benefit to this country and I don't want to be legally liable for anything that could happen with a person willing to work in the prostitution industry. Having said that, is there anything else I can do besides submitting this document to the email on the USCIS website? Is it possible to talk to a USCIS officer so that they make sure the evidence is with the file when a decision is being made? (West Coast) 

Thanks in advance. 

***Mod action: Moved to "Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits" section of the forum.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I assume she is removing conditions with a divorce waiver.

Even if she did not have her conditions removed that would not terminate your obligation 

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

There's nothing more you can do. USCIS will follow up on what you sent in or not. Their decision and I don't think that you'll get a feedback from them. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not specified who the father is

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You can start by going to court and showing your evidence so you dont get hinged on child support at lest....as for immigration, well they decided to admit your evidence or over look it and grant her full GC....nothing else you can do

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

if this is your child take the proofs you have to family court/ social services to get custody

and divorce the woman

nothing u can do about the I 864 you signed but u do not have to continue with ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Op, you probably won't be getting any feedback from USCIS regarding the fraud bit. If anything at all, they will do their due diligence without you knowing anything. Right now the only thing you can do is divorce and move on. Cheating does not necessarily mean she didn't enter into the marriage in good faith. 

3 hours ago, xxthrowawayxx said:

From a legal standpoint, I don't want to be the sponsor for this person.

Unfortunately from a legal standpoint, you are forever her sponsor (even in divorce) until the day she is no longer a LPR; if she ever becomes a public charge you will be on hook to pay the govt back.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

3 hours ago, xxthrowawayxx said:

From a legal standpoint, I don't want to be the sponsor for this person.

The problem is that you have already provided a great deal of evidence that the marriage was bona fide.  It might be beneficial for your spouse to receive citizenship as soon as possible.  That might be the only way to terminate your I-864 obligations.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, xxthrowawayxx said:

I'm the spouse with citizenship. 

After being married for a little over two years (and having had a kid), I found out my spouse had been cheating. During the separation/divorce process, I found and gathered the following evidence: 

* Three conversations in social media to three different people about obtaining a GC (in exchange for money and surrogacy)

* Proof of the cheating (basically, prostitution) from before marriage, during marriage and during separation (profiles and conversations that money in exchange for sex)

When we separated, the spouse had been recently granted a GC with conditions. Due date to apply for removal came earlier this year and I have learned that they are now waiting for a decision. I understand that it can take a couple of years, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do so that they don't get these conditions removed. I understand many of you are in a position where you want conditions removed, but understand that this person entered into the marriage fraudulently and is/has been working as a prostitute for the last couple of years (evidence also gathered). 

I submitted a report a few times to the email indicated in the website a few years ago and never heard back. The reporting process was recently updated and I resent an Affidavit with all the evidence I had sent in the past and this time, I got an automated response from USCIS. 

From a legal standpoint, I don't want to be the sponsor for this person. They are not a benefit to this country and I don't want to be legally liable for anything that could happen with a person willing to work in the prostitution industry. Having said that, is there anything else I can do besides submitting this document to the email on the USCIS website? Is it possible to talk to a USCIS officer so that they make sure the evidence is with the file when a decision is being made? (West Coast) 

Thanks in advance. 

Sorry to hear about this. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Besides marriage fraud, the sex crimes (in most jurisdictions) and the crimes involving moral turpitude would be separate reasons to deny the ROC. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.