Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is the continuance thread from: 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The mods have spoken. Old thread locked. For new people wondering what this is check out old thread for reviews of interview process and helpful info. Especially posts in December and January as we had many people have interviews.

As for me starting to think even though they had "limited new interviews" the consulate is either holding them for rescheduled from January or waiting to see if the lockdown in quebec is pulled back before scheduling new interviews. I guess there is still a chance they schedule early next week but who knows. Very hard week for us personally with the lack of information.

Hi all! I'm new to the forums and trying to fully understand the process. We've already done fingerprinting/police certificate (DQ on August 18th). I noticed a lot of people have statuses that say they are ready for interview but I'm wondering where you see this or if we're in limbo at this point. Here's what our USCIS status shows:

CASE NUMBER:    XXX
VISA CLASS:    CR1
YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT:    NVC
FOREIGN STATE OF CHARGEABILITY:    CANADA
INTERVIEW LOCATION:    MONTREAL
PRIORITY DATE:    22-JAN-2020

Is this what it should look like when you're pending interview? Reading the USCIS site, it seems like once you fulfill the NVC requirements it should have been sent to the consulate, but it says it's still at NVC.

Thanks!

Timeline
1 hour ago, jackanddeona said:

The mods have spoken. Old thread locked. For new people wondering what this is check out old thread for reviews of interview process and helpful info. Especially posts in December and January as we had many people have interviews.

As for me starting to think even though they had "limited new interviews" the consulate is either holding them for rescheduled from January or waiting to see if the lockdown in quebec is pulled back before scheduling new interviews. I guess there is still a chance they schedule early next week but who knows. Very hard week for us personally with the lack of information.

Agreed that it's a hard week. My DQ date is May 22, so we're pretty much next in line. 

The lack of transparency from the consulate is frustrating, especially considering they only give a couple of weeks if lead time if you're scheduled for the beginning of the month. So hard to make plans!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ptitchou said:

Agreed that it's a hard week. My DQ date is May 22, so we're pretty much next in line. 

The lack of transparency from the consulate is frustrating, especially considering they only give a couple of weeks if lead time if you're scheduled for the beginning of the month. So hard to make plans!

I'm 1 day behind you and I was just saying this to my wife. It would not be hard for them to just say what date interviews will be sent out, if at all, at the beginning of the month. Instead they make us play this guessing game while sending cryptic messages on social media. What does limited mean? Why havn't any been sent out when they could have easily said we aren't scheduling for a short while? I understand some of these decisions are out of their hands but the reality is they could make this process so much better with a minor update every month about what they plan.

But people have been lamenting their lack of communication pretty much forever so why would that change now. 

Timeline

I received the tracking number for my visa today.

Please note that the tracking is displayed on the AIS site and I also received an email notification. 

• Interview: Jan-13 (IR-1 visa approved)
  • Tracking number: Jan-15
  • Visa delivery scheduled on Jan-18 (home delivery via premium service)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

I'm 1 day behind you and I was just saying this to my wife. It would not be hard for them to just say what date interviews will be sent out, if at all, at the beginning of the month. Instead they make us play this guessing game while sending cryptic messages on social media. What does limited mean? Why havn't any been sent out when they could have easily said we aren't scheduling for a short while? I understand some of these decisions are out of their hands but the reality is they could make this process so much better with a minor update every month about what they plan.

But people have been lamenting their lack of communication pretty much forever so why would that change now. 

I DQ'd May 22, so I am also literally next in line.

I wrote an email to the Montreal Consulate to see if I could get any more clarity, rather than expecting a response on social media. I haven't heard back yet.  In my email I also added the fact that the consulate should maybe consider that many applicants may currently be in the US with their spouse/family, and that it is critical for them to communicate when applicants can expect their interviews as there are some barriers in coming back to Canada to consider.

Prior to Interview applicants must:

- Quarantine for 14-days 

- Schedule Medical Exam after 14-day Quarantine  (5-10 business days to send results to embassy)

All in all, a months notice is tight for those that will be travelling back from the US. 

For me, I came back in the beginning of January in hope that I could do the above and get everything done with some time to spare. Had I known it would be longer, I would of stayed back with my spouse for an extra week or so. So like everyone else, I hope that Interview Letters are sent out next week.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Dbrennan said:

Hi everyone! 
just checked my mailbox and found my green card in there, 13 days after my border crossing. Still no SSN though 

Congrats!

Watching you and others receiving documentation makes me wonder what the backend processes are that drive this, how do our paths and timelines diverge so much. For example, my hubby crossed the day before you, got his SSN 10 days after crossing, but has no GC yet. 

USCIS

Dec 29 2018 ------ Married

Jan 23 2019 ------ I-130 submitted

Feb 01 2019 ------ NOA1

Dec 30 2019 ------ NOA2

NVC

Feb 11 2020 ------ Welcome letter email received

Feb 12 2020 ------ Case Creation date

Feb 12 2020 ------ IV and AOS bills visible. Paid same day.

Feb 15 2020 ------ AOS and IV bills showing paid, AOS and DS-260 accessible

Feb 18 2020 ------ DS-260 (plus documents) and AOS documents submitted

Feb 19 2020 ------ DQ email received

COVID happened

Nov 16 2020 ------ Interview email received

Consulate

Dec 02 2020 ------ Medical with Dr. Cheema

Dec 14 2020 ------ Interview at Montreal consulate

Dec 22 2020 ------ Passport returned with visa

Permanent Resident

Dec 28 2020 ------ Immigration fee (green card processing fee) paid

Jan 01 2021 ------ POE Peace Arch, with 20' U-Haul

Jan 11 2021 ------ Social Security card received

Mar 26 2021 ------ Green Card received, IR-1

Citizenship

Dec 27 2023 ------ N400 submitted 

Jan 17 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR), cancelled due to ice storm

Feb 20 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR)

Apr 1 2024 ------ Citizenship exam & oath ceremony!

Timeline
2 hours ago, jackanddeona said:

I can see it either being the case that they are holding off on new interviews, or because the only days in the first week of January were holidays or weekends, not considering it the 3rd week until next week. I really hope it's the latter.

1 hour ago, Sparkie said:

Hi all! I'm new to the forums and trying to fully understand the process. We've already done fingerprinting/police certificate (DQ on August 18th). I noticed a lot of people have statuses that say they are ready for interview but I'm wondering where you see this or if we're in limbo at this point. Here's what our USCIS status shows:

CASE NUMBER:    XXX
VISA CLASS:    CR1
YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT:    NVC
FOREIGN STATE OF CHARGEABILITY:    CANADA
INTERVIEW LOCATION:    MONTREAL
PRIORITY DATE:    22-JAN-2020

Is this what it should look like when you're pending interview? Reading the USCIS site, it seems like once you fulfill the NVC requirements it should have been sent to the consulate, but it says it's still at NVC.

Thanks!

This is correct. It'll stay like this until your interview is scheduled, at which point the "your case is currently at" will change to Montreal. Nothing to do now other than wait!

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
6 minutes ago, DGF said:

I can see it either being the case that they are holding off on new interviews, or because the only days in the first week of January were holidays or weekends, not considering it the 3rd week until next week. I really hope it's the latter.

Well I would say you of all people know what its like to think you're getting an interview next and then that not being the case.

I'd laugh it wasn't so sad and frustrating how little empathy they have for the people they serve. I think that is what is missing in this embassy. They fail to realize that they are serving US citizens not just trying to catch fraud and processing paperwork. 

Edit: Anyways I will stop posting my opinion of them before I derail the thread. Here is hoping for some communication or news next week as this one is over for them.

Edited by jackanddeona

Timeline
5 minutes ago, DGF said:

I really hope you're right. I, too, came back from the US during the holidays so I could quarantine, get a new police certificate and leave enough time for my medical, thinking we were going to hear this week for sure. I commiserate wholeheartedly with all of you in the same position right now. The lack of transparency is really exhausting.

Timeline
2 hours ago, JACHA said:

I DQ'd May 22, so I am also literally next in line.

I wrote an email to the Montreal Consulate to see if I could get any more clarity, rather than expecting a response on social media. I haven't heard back yet.  In my email I also added the fact that the consulate should maybe consider that many applicants may currently be in the US with their spouse/family, and that it is critical for them to communicate when applicants can expect their interviews as there are some barriers in coming back to Canada to consider.

Prior to Interview applicants must:

- Quarantine for 14-days 

- Schedule Medical Exam after 14-day Quarantine  (5-10 business days to send results to embassy)

All in all, a months notice is tight for those that will be travelling back from the US. 

For me, I came back in the beginning of January in hope that I could do the above and get everything done with some time to spare. Had I known it would be longer, I would of stayed back with my spouse for an extra week or so. So like everyone else, I hope that Interview Letters are sent out next week.

Fingers crossed for next week. Also, quick reminder that Monday is MLK Day, so they will be closed. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lois K said:

Congrats!

Watching you and others receiving documentation makes me wonder what the backend processes are that drive this, how do our paths and timelines diverge so much. For example, my hubby crossed the day before you, got his SSN 10 days after crossing, but has no GC yet. 

No kidding. I crossed Dec 14 and got my green card right away like @Dbrennan but still no SSN. And I need the SSN more than the green card right now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.