Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Lois K said:

Congrats!

Watching you and others receiving documentation makes me wonder what the backend processes are that drive this, how do our paths and timelines diverge so much. For example, my hubby crossed the day before you, got his SSN 10 days after crossing, but has no GC yet. 

So strange! I would have much rather gotten my SSN so I can get added to my husbands bank account, apply for credit card, get health insurance etc. hopefully it comes soon though!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure if this has mentioned here but US will require proof of negative test to enter US by Air. Order goes in effect on Jan 26th

"If you plan to travel internationally, get tested before you travel by air into the United States (US), or be prepared to show proof of a recent positive viral test and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sparkie said:

Hi all! I'm new to the forums and trying to fully understand the process. We've already done fingerprinting/police certificate (DQ on August 18th). I noticed a lot of people have statuses that say they are ready for interview but I'm wondering where you see this or if we're in limbo at this point. Here's what our USCIS status shows:

CASE NUMBER:    XXX
VISA CLASS:    CR1
YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT:    NVC
FOREIGN STATE OF CHARGEABILITY:    CANADA
INTERVIEW LOCATION:    MONTREAL
PRIORITY DATE:    22-JAN-2020

Is this what it should look like when you're pending interview? Reading the USCIS site, it seems like once you fulfill the NVC requirements it should have been sent to the consulate, but it says it's still at NVC.

Thanks!

Check CEAC for case status. It’ll say at nvc, ready, issued, etc. 

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dbrennan said:

So strange! I would have much rather gotten my SSN so I can get added to my husbands bank account, apply for credit card, get health insurance etc. hopefully it comes soon though!

I was able to add my husband to my insurance. It's insurance through work. HR had to tell them why he had no SSN yet and the company overrode the SSN requirement. So he has been added and I already have cards for him. In fact, thanks for the reminder that I need to give them his SSN now that we have it! 

USCIS

Dec 29 2018 ------ Married

Jan 23 2019 ------ I-130 submitted

Feb 01 2019 ------ NOA1

Dec 30 2019 ------ NOA2

NVC

Feb 11 2020 ------ Welcome letter email received

Feb 12 2020 ------ Case Creation date

Feb 12 2020 ------ IV and AOS bills visible. Paid same day.

Feb 15 2020 ------ AOS and IV bills showing paid, AOS and DS-260 accessible

Feb 18 2020 ------ DS-260 (plus documents) and AOS documents submitted

Feb 19 2020 ------ DQ email received

COVID happened

Nov 16 2020 ------ Interview email received

Consulate

Dec 02 2020 ------ Medical with Dr. Cheema

Dec 14 2020 ------ Interview at Montreal consulate

Dec 22 2020 ------ Passport returned with visa

Permanent Resident

Dec 28 2020 ------ Immigration fee (green card processing fee) paid

Jan 01 2021 ------ POE Peace Arch, with 20' U-Haul

Jan 11 2021 ------ Social Security card received

Mar 26 2021 ------ Green Card received, IR-1

Citizenship

Dec 27 2023 ------ N400 submitted 

Jan 17 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR), cancelled due to ice storm

Feb 20 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR)

Apr 1 2024 ------ Citizenship exam & oath ceremony!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Sparkie said:

Reading the USCIS site, it seems like once you fulfill the NVC requirements it should have been sent to the consulate, but it says it's still at NVC.

Yes, except there is a waiting step. Once you are at the DQ stage, the NVC is holding your information until the consulate tells them they have available interview slots. NVC doesn't send your info to the consulate until they can schedule the interview. That's why although you are ready for the consulate/interview step, your information has not been sent over yet. 

USCIS

Dec 29 2018 ------ Married

Jan 23 2019 ------ I-130 submitted

Feb 01 2019 ------ NOA1

Dec 30 2019 ------ NOA2

NVC

Feb 11 2020 ------ Welcome letter email received

Feb 12 2020 ------ Case Creation date

Feb 12 2020 ------ IV and AOS bills visible. Paid same day.

Feb 15 2020 ------ AOS and IV bills showing paid, AOS and DS-260 accessible

Feb 18 2020 ------ DS-260 (plus documents) and AOS documents submitted

Feb 19 2020 ------ DQ email received

COVID happened

Nov 16 2020 ------ Interview email received

Consulate

Dec 02 2020 ------ Medical with Dr. Cheema

Dec 14 2020 ------ Interview at Montreal consulate

Dec 22 2020 ------ Passport returned with visa

Permanent Resident

Dec 28 2020 ------ Immigration fee (green card processing fee) paid

Jan 01 2021 ------ POE Peace Arch, with 20' U-Haul

Jan 11 2021 ------ Social Security card received

Mar 26 2021 ------ Green Card received, IR-1

Citizenship

Dec 27 2023 ------ N400 submitted 

Jan 17 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR), cancelled due to ice storm

Feb 20 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR)

Apr 1 2024 ------ Citizenship exam & oath ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Hawk Riders 90 days after entering.

Ours took around 180 days. I was a bit miffed when others were getting theirs in a couple of weeks and even more miffed when kid 2’s was wrong! 

Edited by mam521
Edit to add if fee was paid prior to POE

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
6 hours ago, Sparkie said:

Hi all! I'm new to the forums and trying to fully understand the process. We've already done fingerprinting/police certificate (DQ on August 18th). I noticed a lot of people have statuses that say they are ready for interview but I'm wondering where you see this or if we're in limbo at this point. Here's what our USCIS status shows:

CASE NUMBER:    XXX
VISA CLASS:    CR1
YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT:    NVC
FOREIGN STATE OF CHARGEABILITY:    CANADA
INTERVIEW LOCATION:    MONTREAL
PRIORITY DATE:    22-JAN-2020

Is this what it should look like when you're pending interview? Reading the USCIS site, it seems like once you fulfill the NVC requirements it should have been sent to the consulate, but it says it's still at NVC.

Thanks!

I'd just add to the other's comments that your DQ date is your place in line, and right now they've scheduled up to mid-May.  So if you keep an eye on the DQ dates that have been scheduled you'll know when to start anticipating your interview.  Here is the info that Hawk Riders put together:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754

Timeline
6 hours ago, Ptitchou said:

Agreed that it's a hard week. My DQ date is May 22, so we're pretty much next in line. 

6 hours ago, jackanddeona said:

I'm 1 day behind you...

6 hours ago, JACHA said:

I DQ'd May 22, so I am also literally next in line.

And I'm May 21!  Glad to have a group to wait with.  We are also hopeful for next week.  Thankfully we are together since we've lived in Canada for the past 10 years, so I'll admit the wait isn't as hard on us as others.  But the not knowing...GAH!!  And the complete inability to make longterm plans... or even short-term for that matter...

I have to admit, I've been checking this thread multiple time/day all week to see if there's been any news!

Timeline
6 hours ago, DGF said:

After entry since they don't "start" production until both the fee has been paid and POE has occurred. 

We're rapidly approaching our 90 days so I'm curious to see how the process goes for you since I think we'll be going through the same (our 90 days in up on the 9th). Just checked USICS and card is being produced as of today.

Edited 9 hours ago by DGF

Lucky you!

We still gots nutthin'...

"[blah blah] we received your USCIS Immigrant fee payment [blah blah]"

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
13 hours ago, Skaur0609 said:

Not sure if this has mentioned here but US will require proof of negative test to enter US by Air. Order goes in effect on Jan 26th

"If you plan to travel internationally, get tested before you travel by air into the United States (US), or be prepared to show proof of a recent positive viral test and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

Also be aware that no form of insurance pays for these COVID tests, and most provinces will not cover COVID PCR tests for travel and government requirement purposes. In Ontario, labs charge starting at $199 CAD plus GST for these tests.  It's the same on the way back if you are travelling back and forth, but the PCR tests in the US for travel are slightly cheaper.

Timeline
1 hour ago, CGs_Mother said:

Also be aware that no form of insurance pays for these COVID tests

FYI this statement is not true with respect to US health coverage. Canadian spouses who already have US coverage, research your options! 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike83 said:

Have anyone of you saw this video on youtube?

https://youtu.be/ERwaUz_3iSw

I really hope this is fake news!

I am not sure if this is related only to interviews inside the US or it may include all offices including consular processing all over the world!

USCIS is not the department in charge of consulates the DOS is. Furthermore the consulates seem to dictate their own functionality more than the department does. I dont know if that info is accurate but it doesn't affect consular interviews. 

Just now, jackanddeona said:

USCIS is not the department in charge of consulates the DOS is. Furthermore the consulates seem to dictate their own functionality more than the department does. I dont know if that info is accurate but it doesn't affect consular interviews. 

This video was only for the people in US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.