Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

seems like there is no IL from London either today so far. 

London is strange as they've been very reliable from what I've seen, I've no idea what is going on at this point and I don't think I have the energy to care. For all I know someone got fired and they haven't got a successor lined up who handles the interview letters. Goodness knows. 

One thing I will say, the monthly IV issuance numbers will be interesting for May/June.

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I get that they want to start processing other visas, but to not do any IR1/CR1 seems to be extreme. They should continue processing IR1/CR1, maybe cut back on the numbers. To cut us out of the mix completely is harsh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, darth vader said:

I'll end this on a positive note though. We will all get there. I just hope the lows are not as bad as the current one. Peace.

You will get there...you really will.  

I think your timeline is about the closest to mine.  634 days it took me from PD to interview and really, there were no excuses because there was no pandemic to blame the delayed timelines on.  

As I've said before, immigration is not for the weak.  I agree - there needs to be some reform.  I was already living in the US with a house, my kids in school, paying taxes and HOA fees.  We were forced to leave.  Why did the process have to be so difficult?  I think really this is the million dollar question.  

Don't lose faith. Your visa is nearly guaranteed as a spouse. It could always be worse - there are people who've waited decades to immigrate, waiting until a "slot" becomes available.  Find the silver linings and take the little wins.  Try to appreciate the things you have now that will change.  An example - seeing spring crocuses.  Crocuses were a symbol of spring for my entire life until I moved to the US.  I really appreciated those pale purple flowers and what they represented when I had the chance to see them again on my hiatus back to Canada.  It's easy to get hung up in the big things and forget about the little ones.  Drink in all the small things because when you slingshot out on the other side, everything is different. Everything will have changed.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Advice to those who cant eat and sleep while waiting for the IL... get off VJ! Take a walk. I understand the anticipation but there is not much we can do but wait. I am on 2.5 years. If it comes, it comes but trying to find patters etc isnt very fruitful and it will just drive you all crazy. 

Timeline

It’s not just interviews, BTW. From a group I’m on…a person simply trying to remove conditions! 

There are advantages to entering the US after your 2yr anniversary. This is definitely one of them. 

2E8CA447-1FB4-49F7-AE4D-3ED7E6685688.jpeg

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

34 minutes ago, irisheyes123 said:

also, if it helps anyone, they announced you can drive to the US if you're near a border to receive a vaccine and wont have to quarantine on the way home :)

I presume this is only open to dual-citizens who can already enter the US?

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

30 minutes ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

I presume this is only open to dual-citizens who can already enter the US?

not sure - it says Canadian residents here. i'll be looking into it heavily (I'm neither a Canadian nor US Citizen) so I'll keep you posted :) 

https://www.cp24.com/news/canadians-can-drive-to-u-s-for-covid-19-vax-and-avoid-quarantine-ottawa-confirms-1.5432958

Timeline

~~Going to go Ahead and lock this now as the next thread has begun. Follow the link below~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.