dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview February 2021

61 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/7/2021 at 3:41 PM, Biola said:

Glory be to God. My husband's visa was approved today. So excited, can't wait for him to join me here. 

Thank you to everyone on this website. You have all been helpful in making our visa journey successful. 

Congratulations!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have a question, can someone who already have a tourist visa, has been approved by USCIS, DQ'ed at NVC and is waiting for F2A visa interview letter, travel to the USA ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
On 1/7/2021 at 3:41 PM, Biola said:

Glory be to God. My husband's visa was approved today. So excited, can't wait for him to join me here. 

Thank you to everyone on this website. You have all been helpful in making our visa journey successful. 

Congrats!! So happy for you! :) If you don't mind me asking what country did you have the interview in and how long did it take? 

Thank you everyone again. I do have some questions

1. When should one pay for the green card production fee of $220 in order to get the green card as soon as possible once entry is made into the USA ? I already see the payment instructions on page 1 of this thread( How to pay the Green Card Production fee of $220 on the Elis system)

2. Is the issue of SSN automatic or one needs to go to the local SSA office to apply for one? I did copy and paste the below insert from page 1 of this thread. 

(******************Tips about your getting your SSN******************

If you don't have your SSN card within 21 days of your POE,  go IN PERSON to your local SSA office and see if your  application was forwarded by the Immigration officer.   It only works about 50% of the time when you tick  the box on the DS-260. As soon as you have your SSN you  may work.  Your passport visa and the immigration stamp  is the equivalent of your green card. )

On 1/9/2021 at 4:06 AM, PalRish said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question, can someone who already have a tourist visa, has been approved by USCIS, DQ'ed at NVC and is waiting for F2A visa interview letter, travel to the USA ? 

I have asked several CBP agents about this and got the same response from all; technically you should not apply for a non-immigrant (tourist) visa while an immigrant visa is in process. Secondly, just because you have a non-immigrant visa it doesn't automatically give you admission to the US; it is up to the CBP officer to decide on your admission.

I have entered the US since my immigrant visa was initiated however my case is slightly different than yours in that I am Canadian and Canadians don't need to apply for a non-immigrant tourist visa to enter the US; the visa is automatically generated when you are granted admission.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Rick1955 said:

I have asked several CBP agents about this and got the same response from all; technically you should not apply for a non-immigrant (tourist) visa while an immigrant visa is in process. Secondly, just because you have a non-immigrant visa it doesn't automatically give you admission to the US; it is up to the CBP officer to decide on your admission.

I have entered the US since my immigrant visa was initiated however my case is slightly different than yours in that I am Canadian and Canadians don't need to apply for a non-immigrant tourist visa to enter the US; the visa is automatically generated when you are granted admission.

Thank you so much for your response and clarifying it for me. Really appreciate your help. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, paulzxc said:

Hi ! finally my brother and mom got their interview date. February 8,2021 is the schedule date and I got the letter January 12. Thank God!

Do they have to bring I 864 and affidavit of support to their interview ?

:time:

On 1/9/2021 at 6:06 PM, PalRish said:

Hi everyone,

Short answer, yes. 

Check these threads out:

There have been a lot of discussions about this. Try this if you can see the search results: https://www.visajourney.com/sitesearch/?cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263%3A9725800110&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=visit+pending+i+130&sa=Search

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations to all who got interview in February 🎉🎉😊

Does anybody know when Frankfurt sends out interview letters? My case is ready and is it at the Consulate...

Does anybody knows something about Bogotá Consulate? has someone got an interview letter? Knows of someone that received one?

Thank you... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.