dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview February 2021

61 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/11/2021 at 12:47 AM, Biola said:

Thank you everyone again. I do have some questions

1. When should one pay for the green card production fee of $220 in order to get the green card as soon as possible once entry is made into the USA ? I already see the payment instructions on page 1 of this thread( How to pay the Green Card Production fee of $220 on the Elis system)

2. Is the issue of SSN automatic or one needs to go to the local SSA office to apply for one? I did copy and paste the below insert from page 1 of this thread. 

(******************Tips about your getting your SSN******************

If you don't have your SSN card within 21 days of your POE,  go IN PERSON to your local SSA office and see if your  application was forwarded by the Immigration officer.   It only works about 50% of the time when you tick  the box on the DS-260. As soon as you have your SSN you  may work.  Your passport visa and the immigration stamp  is the equivalent of your green card. )

One is expected to pay for the Immigrant fee (Green Card Production)after you get your visa before you leave the country.

Concerning the SSN, using myself as an example. I was told at the point of entry to wait 14working days before contacting the USCIS after contacting them 14days after they (USCIS) told me to wait till its 30days after arrival to book an appointment. Reached out as they have instructed and was booked, registered then got my SSN 6 working days after. Hope that helps 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/9/2021 at 4:06 AM, PalRish said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question, can someone who already have a tourist visa, has been approved by USCIS, DQ'ed at NVC and is waiting for F2A visa interview letter, travel to the USA ? 

yes you can request entry to the US on a tourist visa while having an application pending

Whether you are granted entry is up to the CBP officer as usual, and that applies to all tourists whether they're applying to immigrate or not :)

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

16 hours ago, mac_skendy said:

One is expected to pay for the Immigrant fee (Green Card Production)after you get your visa before you leave the country.

Concerning the SSN, using myself as an example. I was told at the point of entry to wait 14working days before contacting the USCIS after contacting them 14days after they (USCIS) told me to wait till its 30days after arrival to book an appointment. Reached out as they have instructed and was booked, registered then got my SSN 6 working days after. Hope that helps 

Got it! Appreciate it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/7/2021 at 6:04 AM, Binbin22 said:

I got an approval by waiver today.. Am so ready to start life living together forever 🙏🏿🙏🏿🎉🎉🎊🙇🏿‍♂️

I saw your review and am so Happy for you. My husband sends his regards and congratulations.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
4 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

I saw your review and am so Happy for you. My husband sends his regards and congratulations.

Thanks to both of u.. He is now home and is adjusting beautifully 🤗😁

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Hi All,

I have been MIA for a while, this journey had become too stressful 😐 But I'm happy to let you know that my husbands interview has been scheduled for January 20th at the US Embassy in Jordan. F2A category, named plaintiffs in YoungvTrump lawsuit and therefore not any longer subject to the ban 🙏

With Baghdad embassy closed (my husband is Iraqi), we were re-assigned to Abu Dhabi. However, UAE currently makes it super difficult to enter the country, as visit visas for many countries in that region have been suspended. We requested a transfer to Amman, and thank god (and the Consular Officers at the Embassy) got accepted under the condition that my husband needs to be physically in Jordan first. We arrived in Jordan on 12/26, and after almost 2 weeks of uncertainty and anxious waiting, our case got re-assigned and expedited to post. 5 days later we received IL for 10 days later. We are both exhausted and running out of energy, but hopeful that we can travel home together soon.

Wow! That sounds incredibly stressful. Glad you have everything in order for the interview and you will be able to celebrate it soon! Don't forget to keep us posted :) Good luck!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
17 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Hi All,

I have been MIA for a while, this journey had become too stressful 😐 But I'm happy to let you know that my husbands interview has been scheduled for January 20th at the US Embassy in Jordan. F2A category, named plaintiffs in YoungvTrump lawsuit and therefore not any longer subject to the ban 🙏

With Baghdad embassy closed (my husband is Iraqi), we were re-assigned to Abu Dhabi. However, UAE currently makes it super difficult to enter the country, as visit visas for many countries in that region have been suspended. We requested a transfer to Amman, and thank god (and the Consular Officers at the Embassy) got accepted under the condition that my husband needs to be physically in Jordan first. We arrived in Jordan on 12/26, and after almost 2 weeks of uncertainty and anxious waiting, our case got re-assigned and expedited to post. 5 days later we received IL for 10 days later. We are both exhausted and running out of energy, but hopeful that we can travel home together soon.

I'm happy for you thank god you almost there wish you guys the best and happy long life together 

we are still waiting for Turkey to accept or case but they are not working on it due to COVID

can you please tell me who did you contact for you file to be transferred to Jordan and how long did it take for them to answer?

Thank you so much 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 1/14/2021 at 8:07 PM, angeljolie said:

Short answer, yes. 

Check these threads out:

There have been a lot of discussions about this. Try this if you can see the search results: https://www.visajourney.com/sitesearch/?cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263%3A9725800110&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=visit+pending+i+130&sa=Search

Thank you so much, really appreciate your help. These threads are very much helpful. Thank you. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
8 hours ago, yusef94 said:

I'm happy for you thank god you almost there wish you guys the best and happy long life together 

we are still waiting for Turkey to accept or case but they are not working on it due to COVID

can you please tell me who did you contact for you file to be transferred to Jordan and how long did it take for them to answer?

Thank you so much 

Thank you!

Where is your case assigned to currently? Please fill our your timeline that makes it easier for members to see which part of the process you're in.

If your case is at NVC, they will assign you an embassy and (hopefully) one where Iraqi's can travel to. As long as your case is at NVC, you can always request a transfer via NVC inquiry form if the assigned embassy doesn't work for you (you will need to provide proof while it's not working). I will however recommend to not do this, until you have DQ and are ready to be scheduled for an interview. In the current time, embassies open and closed without a long notice, and a transfer takes time so you only want to request it once :) 

On 1/17/2021 at 5:29 AM, Quarknase said:

Hi All,

It will be all work out. Sending you my well wishes. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Biola said:

Happy for you. Glad he could make it out as soon as possible to join you so you can start your lives together. Happy married life to the both of you. 

Thank u and I wish the same for u.. soon u will be together forever.. it’s the bast feeling ever.. 

On 1/17/2021 at 3:29 AM, Quarknase said:

Hi All,

Hi! This is an intense process for you and I am in such in awe with your guys' perseverance! It's not easy and I know in Jordan, the lockdowns on Friday make it seem even crazier. You are almost there!! Can't wait to hear news from you soon. Good luck! 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
8 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Thank you!

Where is your case assigned to currently? Please fill our your timeline that makes it easier for members to see which part of the process you're in.

If your case is at NVC, they will assign you an embassy and (hopefully) one where Iraqi's can travel to. As long as your case is at NVC, you can always request a transfer via NVC inquiry form if the assigned embassy doesn't work for you (you will need to provide proof while it's not working). I will however recommend to not do this, until you have DQ and are ready to be scheduled for an interview. In the current time, embassies open and closed without a long notice, and a transfer takes time so you only want to request it once :) 

DQ'd on September 19th

currently at NVC waiting for Ankara Turkey embassy to reopen to none local cases😭

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.