dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview February 2021

61 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
14 hours ago, yusef94 said:

DQ'd on September 19th

currently at NVC waiting for Ankara Turkey embassy to reopen to none local cases😭

Oh your DQ is very recent - keep in mind that Embassy's closed in March, so there is a huge backlog to work through. Besides some embassies in Europe (that have small case load), I haven't heard of any September DQ's being scheduled, most embassies are working on re-scheduling cancelled interviews and up to May/June/July DQs from what I've been seeing.

Ankara US Embassy now has this sentence on their website: "**If you are traveling from another country to your appointment, your appointment must take place after you have been in Turkey at least 14 days. If you have been outside of Turkey in the 14 days prior to your appointment, you will need to reschedule." which leads to the assumption that they started considering non-residents as well. It may only be a matter of waiting until your DQ has been reached for scheduling :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

12 months since DQ at Juarez Consulate, felt compelled to share this today, I've been MIA from these threads because I've got a long way to go (9 more months if I'm lucky)

what a milestone! also I am now applying to IR1 not CR1 :)

image.png.7ff2a7bae97f19b57d5187c824e1428c.png

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

21 hours ago, Juliet57 said:

12 months since DQ at Juarez Consulate, felt compelled to share this today, I've been MIA from these threads because I've got a long way to go (9 more months if I'm lucky)

what a milestone! also I am now applying to IR1 not CR1 :)

image.png.7ff2a7bae97f19b57d5187c824e1428c.png

Hi Juliet, may I ask if your visa category changed automatically in CEAC?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, David G said:

Hi Juliet, may I ask if your visa category changed automatically in CEAC?

Hey there! yes it changed automatically. Our 2 year anniversary was on a Monday and I saw the category changed later in the afternoon. 

My husband had already heard from NVC representatives that these type of changes are applied on Monday afternoons.

I figured they have some kind of process or job that runs at that time that updates stuff (I'm in IT so that makes sense to me)

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

1 hour ago, Juliet57 said:

Hey there! yes it changed automatically. Our 2 year anniversary was on a Monday and I saw the category changed later in the afternoon. 

My husband had already heard from NVC representatives that these type of changes are applied on Monday afternoons.

I figured they have some kind of process or job that runs at that time that updates stuff (I'm in IT so that makes sense to me)

Thank you so much!!! Our 2 years anniversary is next month so I had doubts about that. 

On 1/7/2021 at 7:04 AM, Binbin22 said:

I got an approval by waiver today.. Am so ready to start life living together forever 🙏🏿🙏🏿🎉🎉🎊🙇🏿‍♂️

Congratulations!

Could you please help me with these questions: 

1. Did you have to redo the police certificate?

2. Also, what else was needed at the interview? 

Timeline

Hi All,

coming back with an update as promised - my husband had his interview on 01/20 in Amman, Jordan (he's from Iraq).

The interview went fine, besides the CO saying that none of his civil docs were uploaded to CEAC. Which is of course not accurate, all documents are there and have been accepted by NVC for DQ. She gave him a 221g requesting re-upload, which we did. She also handed him a questionnaire with additional questions (such as complete education history, address- and travel history for 15 years...), which we emailed to the embassy a day later. Since then we're in Administrative Processing, sadly a very common procedure for Iraqi's.

Congrats to everyone who got approved this month!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Hi All,

coming back with an update as promised - my husband had his interview on 01/20 in Amman, Jordan (he's from Iraq).

The interview went fine, besides the CO saying that none of his civil docs were uploaded to CEAC. Which is of course not accurate, all documents are there and have been accepted by NVC for DQ. She gave him a 221g requesting re-upload, which we did. She also handed him a questionnaire with additional questions (such as complete education history, address- and travel history for 15 years...), which we emailed to the embassy a day later. Since then we're in Administrative Processing, sadly a very common procedure for Iraqi's.

Congrats to everyone who got approved this month!

Sorry to hear about this delay. That´s so strange about the civil docs not being uploaded... I mean, you did get the DQ - so how´s that even possible?! Was there maybe some other document that wasn´t uploaded or needed to be updated? Like, for example, updating the police certificate - bc it´s taken so long to get the interview.

In any case, I think you´re in the right direction - which is great news!

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Sorry to hear about this delay. That´s so strange about the civil docs not being uploaded... I mean, you did get the DQ - so how´s that even possible?! Was there maybe some other document that wasn´t uploaded or needed to be updated? Like, for example, updating the police certificate - bc it´s taken so long to get the interview.

In any case, I think you´re in the right direction - which is great news!

No, nothing was missing or expired, and we confirmed after the interview that it’s (still) all there and showing “accepted”. Been seeing this happening more and more to other cases as well.

thank you, let’s hope for good news soon...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/29/2021 at 9:49 AM, Quarknase said:

No, nothing was missing or expired, and we confirmed after the interview that it’s (still) all there and showing “accepted”. Been seeing this happening more and more to other cases as well.

thank you, let’s hope for good news soon...

Oh man! So sorry! Add that to the list of things to worry about: should I upload anything on the system, despite DQ... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/24/2021 at 7:14 PM, Lolonyo said:

Congratulations!

Could you please help me with these questions: 

1. Did you have to redo the police certificate?

2. Also, what else was needed at the interview? 

I redid my police report because it was more than 3 months old

they asked for proof of relationship 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hello everyone ,

My wife still waiting for Qatar to open for visitors visa so she can attend the interview “CR1 or IR 1, she’s in Iraq now and her case was transferred to Doha in Feb last year as US Embassy was shut down , we got an interview request in November 2nd last year but she wasn’t able to travel since Doha wasn’t allowing anyone to get in so we explained that to the NVC and The embassy and we’ve been told that they will reschedule it as soon as Qatar open for visitors, I contact my Congress man to transfer her case to different countries, I’m just afraid that will slow down her case, all I need to know should I have her wait for Doha to open or just transferring it to different country, your help much appreciated.

Thank you!

33F26C2D-3B23-48A7-ADB7-45E07208F37A.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.