dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview January 2021

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 hours ago, IAQ said:

Hi JenIE- you're saying it took two weeks to receive the passport back? Was this through mail? We talked a while back and my husbands case finally got transferred to Dublin, so wondering how long he will actually need to be there what with a 14 day quaarantine (potentially) and waiting for the passport to be returned. Thanks in advance for any insight!

You have the option to pick it up in a specific location or have it delivered by courier service. We chose the courier service and it took a day or two to get delivered after it was issued. Ours did take about 2 weeks back in October, but it looks like some people approved this month are getting it issued faster -- @Fitz1130 had theirs marked as issued only a couple days after the interview!

1 hour ago, JenIE said:

You have the option to pick it up in a specific location or have it delivered by courier service. We chose the courier service and it took a day or two to get delivered after it was issued. Ours did take about 2 weeks back in October, but it looks like some people approved this month are getting it issued faster -- @Fitz1130 had theirs marked as issued only a couple days after the interview!

Ah thats very good to know! We just received an odd email from NVC saying the interview had been cancelled, but we were never assigned an interview date to begin with...wondering if that means something is in the works in their system that will move the case soon to the embassy? Any idea? Sorry for all the questions, I've just noticed you're quite knowledgeable 🙂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, IAQ said:

Ah thats very good to know! We just received an odd email from NVC saying the interview had been cancelled, but we were never assigned an interview date to begin with...wondering if that means something is in the works in their system that will move the case soon to the embassy? Any idea? Sorry for all the questions, I've just noticed you're quite knowledgeable 🙂

That odd email is common in things like when you expedite and I'm guessing when you transfer embassies. Since they sent word the transfer is approved, you'll probably receive the email for the interview at the Dublin Embassy soon enough, they really seem to be picking up the pace since reopening. 

2 minutes ago, JenIE said:

That odd email is common in things like when you expedite and I'm guessing when you transfer embassies. Since they sent word the transfer is approved, you'll probably receive the email for the interview at the Dublin Embassy soon enough, they really seem to be picking up the pace since reopening. 

Excellent, hoping you are right! Thanks so much Jen.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hilde said:

Sad to see this thread so silent these days.... I always get hopeful when there´s a lot of messages and interview announcements.

It's for reasons like this one - The Embassy in Moscow has been closed for 9 months with no useful updates or anything related to the reopening/resumption of routine visa services. Currently Moscow has begun administering and distributing the COVID-19 Vaccine. I even offered to have my wife inoculated with the Vaccine prior to scheduling a interview with the embassy, and they rejected it outright. 

I'm not sure if there are many other embassies still closed due to COVID-19, but this situation feels never-ending. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, O&G_Jan2020 said:

Hello :)

Who knows if I can travel to the US using my tourist visa after being DQed?

Appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Short answer yes.   As normal bring proof that the entry is temporary.

for more details see this thread

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We have our interview scheduled for 01/05/2021. My hubby recently had to relocate to Lagos for his job.

1. Do we need to file an amendment on the application information for his  location change with his employer? 

2. Praying we get the approval on January 5th, but I’m concerned about how we update his address for his packet to come given that the interview has already been scheduled. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
54 minutes ago, BrittIgbinovia said:

We have our interview scheduled for 01/05/2021. My hubby recently had to relocate to Lagos for his job.

1. Do we need to file an amendment on the application information for his  location change with his employer? 

2. Praying we get the approval on January 5th, but I’m concerned about how we update his address for his packet to come given that the interview has already been scheduled. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

No he does not 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.