dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview January 2021

136 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Usama said:

Thank you for your response

Yes normally it happens when embassy approves an expedite and case is transferred from NVC to Embassy but in this case we both transferred our case from one embassy to another , I requested to transfer my case from  Pakistan to UAE , but it was long time ago and may be the embassy started working now so now they are changing our interview locations in their system and that thing caused this notification.

Thank you , hopefully I will get IL interview letter by the end of next month.

What about you , Dublin embassy started Interviews as well ?

I changed my interview location from Pakistan to UAE as well. I received this email too. This indicates a new case status, a new DQ. NVC had informed us on the phone that we will be moved out of one queue and into another. Hence the specific email is received

Quick question, and probably not the right post to add it on, but my husband has been here a couple weeks now and we got his social security card yesterday. Can he start working with that and his visa or does he have to wait until he gets his green card?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, AEE12RD22 said:

Quick question, and probably not the right post to add it on, but my husband has been here a couple weeks now and we got his social security card yesterday. Can he start working with that and his visa or does he have to wait until he gets his green card?

He can start working with his visa for up to one year.. congratulations 🎈🎉🍾🎊 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you for sharing in another thread @Flavio

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/immigrant-visa-processing-update.html

Seem positive.

Edited by Hilde
name

On 12/17/2020 at 3:59 PM, Usama said:

Thank you for your response

Yes normally it happens when embassy approves an expedite and case is transferred from NVC to Embassy but in this case we both transferred our case from one embassy to another , I requested to transfer my case from  Pakistan to UAE , but it was long time ago and may be the embassy started working now so now they are changing our interview locations in their system and that thing caused this notification.

Thank you , hopefully I will get IL interview letter by the end of next month.

What about you , Dublin embassy started Interviews as well ?

Ireland going into a 6 week lockdown potentially after Xmas so unlikely for an interview now anytime soon. Go another email now from NVC again stating your interview has been cancelled. Thats some glitchy system they have ehh? Two meaningless emails in two weeks, telling me completely useless and inaccurate information...

Did you receive another email as well?

9 hours ago, SFA14 said:

I changed my interview location from Pakistan to UAE as well. I received this email too. This indicates a new case status, a new DQ. NVC had informed us on the phone that we will be moved out of one queue and into another. Hence the specific email is received

what do you mean a new DQ? do you not keep your original DQ date  and priority when you transfer embassies? NVC specifically told us DQ date would not be effected, meaning its not like we would be tranfsered and then be back at the end of the line ...

1 hour ago, IAQ said:

what do you mean a new DQ? do you not keep your original DQ date  and priority when you transfer embassies? NVC specifically told us DQ date would not be effected, meaning its not like we would be tranfsered and then be back at the end of the line ...

In my case, after moving embassies, i received two emails; first email notified me of the new case number and second email stated that all your documents are qualified and approved. I do not know whether this applies a new DQ date or just a notification. 

2 hours ago, SFA14 said:

In my case, after moving embassies, i received two emails; first email notified me of the new case number and second email stated that all your documents are qualified and approved. I do not know whether this applies a new DQ date or just a notification. 

Were you previously already DQed? prior to the transfer, then you got a second DQ email? Thats a bit odd, haven't seen that before.

44 minutes ago, IAQ said:

Were you previously already DQed? prior to the transfer, then you got a second DQ email? Thats a bit odd, haven't seen that before.

Yes I was already DQed before. After receiving an email for change of embassy, it followed with the email “All documents are received..” from NVC. However, I do not know which DQ date prevails.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/8/2020 at 11:14 AM, David Utomi said:

Hi, I did my interview yesterday and I was approved pending my medicals which wasn't ready as at at yesterday.

However, on the ceac website - https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV which i just checked my case is still showing "READY" like I haven't attended the interview. 

Is that normal?

Congratulations. Yes that's normal. You picked up Visa yet.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
On 12/9/2020 at 6:03 AM, Sm4598 said:

@dwheels76

Is there possibly any way to mark expedited cases on your wonderful DQ to Interview spreadsheet?

I feel like the information there isn’t super representative when you see cases getting interviews 6 to 30 days after DQ but have no way to tell whether those were expedited or not. Like, it’s hard to actually use the spreadsheet to track the pace of things in your country when you can’t tell what’s a “normal” case and what’s expedited.

It is there, Column J . It's a question on the form for those who fill it out.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
On 12/10/2020 at 3:51 PM, AnaCarolina said:

Hey guys! Mexico is finally moving and we got our interview reschedule for January 15th, 2021 🙂 

I am so happy for you 612 days from DQ to interview. OMG. I have updated you on spreadsheet. Not long now. Happy New year 2021 will be awesome.🥳

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
On 12/15/2020 at 9:05 AM, O&G_Jan2020 said:

Hello :)

Who knows if I can travel to the US using my tourist visa after being DQed?

Appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Sure you can. People visit all the time.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
On 12/15/2020 at 5:25 AM, Hilde said:

Sad to see this thread so silent these days.... I always get hopeful when there´s a lot of messages and interview announcements.

It will pick up. Yes I remember when there would be about 130 to 150 pages by this time of the month. We will get back to those times again.
Got to get healthy and safe first.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
On 12/15/2020 at 10:20 AM, TamMhmd said:

Hey All!!! My husband got his interview date!! His interview date is 11 Jan 2021!!!

Congratulations. I have updated you.

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.