dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview January 2021

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to the Case Complete to Interview Monthly thread

You can view my spreadsheet Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet

To update your interview date go here. Case Complete to Interview Form

For New people to the thread please go Case Complete to Interview Form and input your information in the form and it will be added to the form.

Everyone should be clicking on the Portal tab to visit the information for their country. If nothing is there or information needs updating. Update or add.

Its up to all of us to keep this information current, relevant and helpful to others.

Special Note: Different consulates or embassies have strict guidelines as to what type of bags/purses/cellphones etc can be carried in. And whether they provide any lockers (or not) for temp storage. As many travel from far away (by air/train/cars, one needs to specially know what they will not be able to take inside the consulate and where to store their personal belongings.

Here are some FAQ and other tidbits that may be useful to you. Be sure to visit your countries portal and click on the Consular Information and also Consular reviews.

FAQ

I just called and got Case Complete how long does it take to get the email as confirmation?
Well it has been taking 5 to 7 days to get case complete email from the date they Case Complete.

How long after Case Complete will I get an interview?
Okay this is the BIG mystery of NVC. How it usually goes is end of the month and first week of month they start scheduling for interviews for the that upcoming month. Since January they have been pretty consistent starting about the last 2 days of the month and finishing that following first week of next month

Do I have to call for my interview date?
NVC has improved greatly since March. The interview letter now comes day of schedule. So call if you want its up to you.

I know someone who got interview in the middle of the month. How is that possible?
Usually when you see someone pop up with an interview outside the bunch its usually the result of a cancellation or the embassy opening up a slot. Just because scheduling stops doesn't mean they filled up all slots. They may have more slots than appointments which is good. So someone gets case complete and immediately they get an interview. It happens.

Remember every embassy has its own slots and schedule. Some like Mexico, Ghana are very busy with a long waiting list. Some like Yemen, well it may be a few months to get in. Iceland you get interview immediately scheduled after case Complete.

I need to change our interview date what do I do?
Once you receive your interview date track your casefile. Call NVC ask when your casefile left than you can follow the DHL instructions to embassy. The contact your embassy (email is best) and ask to be rescheduled later, earlier just ask. 

What do I need to bring to interview?
When you receive your P4 Letter (Interview letter) it will have your personalized checklist of things to bring or not. It has been suggested because things have been lost between NVC and embassy to bring everything (Originals) to the interview so if they don't have at embassy you aren't delayed.It's up to you. It doesn't happen much but it does happen.

How to expedite at NVC?

Go to this link has good information how to go about it.

http://boureypeatnut...m/expedite.html

Just to remind everyone to revisit the NVC Process Wiki, NVC Process Wiki

Thanks to Fabian&Ross for spelling this all out. Once you get the interview letter reference this.

You must bring the following items to the visa interview:

1. Any original documents the NVC requested that you did not submit (refer to the document list below)
  2. If the physician gives you your medical exam results, bring them to your interview in the envelope sealed by the medical office.
  3. Two passport photographs measuring 2 inches by 2 inches (5 cm by 5 cm) with a white background
  4. A valid unexpired passport
  5. Photocopies of all civil documents
  6. A new police certificate from your current country of residence, if you obtained the police certificate more than one year ago.
  7. Any additional documents listed in the U.S. Embassy or Consulate specific interview guidelines

For those who want to request an earlier interview date here is a template written up by our own TeaCup.
Thank you TeaCup for the Template on how to notify the embassy
Petitioners Name
Petitioners Date of birth
Beneficiary's Name
Beneficiary's Date of birth

NVC Case #

To whom it may concern,

My name is *********
I am writing to you in order to request an earlier interview. I have originally been scheduled for an Immigrant interview at (name of embassy and give date)
I have completed the required medical exam and I have all the necessary documents necessary for the interview and I am ready.
If it is at all possible for an earlier interview date to be scheduled for me it would be much appreciated.
Thank you for your time

Sincerely.

Address & Phone Number

CEAC.state.gov Check My Visa Application Status: Status Wiki Thank you, SoerenHelmer,

https://docs.google....Min35W08WU/edit

How to pay the Green Card Production fee of $220 on the Elis system.

NO NEED FOR ACCESS CODE, that is for other procedures like getting a copy of a green card, etc.

1. Create the ELIS account here: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

2. Go here to pay fee: https://www.uscis.go...g-online-filing

3. Click to pay the USCIS immigrant fee icon.

4.Click "continue" at the bottom.

5.Enter the Alien Number and the NVC or DOS case. Use the same email you used on the ELIS account.

This is critical to enable your created ELIS account to receive your payment information.

6. You will get an email confirming your payment.

7. When you log again on the ELIS account, you will see your case number. (It is added automatically).

8. Login into your ELIS account to track or check the status of your Green Card.

Note: Green Card process starts when immigrant enters USA and is processed at POE.

******************Tips about your getting your SSN******************

If you don't have your SSN card within 21 days of your POE,  go IN PERSON to your local SSA office and see if your  application was forwarded by the Immigration officer.   It only works about 50% of the time when you tick  the box on the DS-260. As soon as you have your SSN you  may work.  Your passport visa and the immigration stamp  is the equivalent of your green card. Thank you Sukie in NY

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

For those wanting to know how to write an expedite letter to NVC.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Thank you NinPran's for showing us how your successful expedite was done. I have revised abit the expedite request but she did all the work.

EXPEDITE at NVC

How to start a expedite: Send your NVC expedite request in the form of an email to nvcexpedite@state.gov. An email request is specifically the only way to submit the NVC expedite request.

Subject Line: Expedite Request /Case # 

First paragraph:  Tell them who the Petitioner is and the Beneficiary

Introduce yourself, name, date of birth, and where you reside. Same thing for the beneficiary.  

Second Paragraph: Reason/s for the expedite

State the reason why your case needs to be expedited. Be specific. The more you can demonstrate the hardship (mental, financial, health wise) on the petitioner the better.

Also include attachments of Proof   

Now plead your case. Asking for their approval for your request. Now is time to really use this COVID to your advantage.

You might be supporting two households that’s financial hardship. You may be depressed now seeing doctor or therapist get a letter stating that.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
5 hours ago, Hilde said:

Here´s to a new year and new beginnings for everyone! 

Yes indeed. How is COVID down there in Brazil?

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
28 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Yes indeed. How is COVID down there in Brazil?

Dramatically rising. The healthcare system is beginning to show signs of being overwhelmed.

Our expedite request was denied. I requested because my husband's UAE residence visa will expire however we got the standard response 

Thank you for your patience. We sent your request to the U.S. Embassy in United Arab Emirates. However, they cannot expedite this case. To be fair to all applicants, the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that the cases complete processing at the NVC.

We will continue to work with you on this case. After we receive the required fees and review the documents, we will schedule a visa interview appointment.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Hi,

My wife will have her interview this month for IR-1 at the Manila embassy. I believe the NBI clearance is supposed to be issued within 6 mos and it was at the time was uploaded to CEAC. The clearance will be just over 6mos old at the time of interview. It still has a valid until date of 6/2021. Do we need a to request a new clearance?  Thanks

Timeline
15 hours ago, TamMhmd said:

Our expedite request was denied. I requested because my husband's UAE residence visa will expire however we got the standard response 

I'm so sorry. Hopefully UAE moves soon on embassy interviews.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
54 minutes ago, chris413 said:

Hi,

My wife will have her interview this month for IR-1 at the Manila embassy. I believe the NBI clearance is supposed to be issued within 6 mos and it was at the time was uploaded to CEAC. The clearance will be just over 6mos old at the time of interview. It still has a valid until date of 6/2021. Do we need a to request a new clearance?  Thanks

No you are fine. Congratulations on getting the interview. Almost done. Report back when done.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

Quick question.

Can you still upload documents on the ceac website after u have been scheduled for an interview? In case one have new vital additional documents to add

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
24 minutes ago, David Utomi said:

Hello,

Quick question.

Can you still upload documents on the ceac website after u have been scheduled for an interview? In case one have new vital additional documents to add

Yep, that is totally fine, it won't affect anything the NVC has already done. In fact, many Embassies recommend you upload any updated or missing documents before the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, JenIE said:

Yep, that is totally fine, it won't affect anything the NVC has already done. In fact, many Embassies recommend you upload any updated or missing documents before the interview.

Alright great. Do i need to click on submit after uploading? Or just uploading alone is fine?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
55 minutes ago, David Utomi said:

Alright great. Do i need to click on submit after uploading? Or just uploading alone is fine?

I had to upload an updated file and clicked on Submit when I was done. This might be the only way it is able to be seen on the other end?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Had my interview yesterday at the Consulate, all went pretty smooth but unfortunately the medical is only scheduled for next week. They did give me a 221(G) form and status will show refused, until they receive the medical results. So a step closer again, but still have to wait a little longer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Hello good People,

Has any one done form DS 5540? Is it required?
I Have Approved Expedite and Case is Ready in Embassy and Medical done awaiting Interview any moment now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, KEMJ said:

Hello good People,

Has any one done form DS 5540? Is it required?
I Have Approved Expedite and Case is Ready in Embassy and Medical done awaiting Interview any moment now.

This is the Public Charge form right? I have read here on VJ that some embassies request it and others do not. You only find out on the day of your interview. Personally, I would just have it ready, just in case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.