dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview January 2021

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, David Utomi said:

Hi, I did my interview yesterday and I was approved pending my medicals which wasn't ready as at at yesterday.

However, on the ceac website - https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV which i just checked my case is still showing "READY" like I haven't attended the interview. 

Is that normal?

Yes that's normal. Some embassies seem to be better than others at quickly updating statuses. Mine stayed as Ready until the Visa was issued at which time it said Issued. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kingdennis21 said:

I just got an email from the NVC that the embassy will contact shortly us for an interview date. I wonder how long it take for them to schedule it. Does anyone know? 

It very much depends on your Embassy and if course the covid situation there and whether they are doing interviews at all currently. You can do a timeline search for your country to see if there's been any recent interviews and look to see even they were DQd.

2 hours ago, David Utomi said:

Hi, I did my interview yesterday and I was approved pending my medicals which wasn't ready as at at yesterday.

However, on the ceac website - https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV which i just checked my case is still showing "READY" like I haven't attended the interview. 

Is that normal?

Congratulations!!!

Edited by Biola

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Non English post removed. English only outside the regional forums.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

2 hours ago, JenIE said:

It very much depends on your Embassy and if course the covid situation there and whether they are doing interviews at all currently. You can do a timeline search for your country to see if there's been any recent interviews and look to see even they were DQd.

Yeah they also mentioned that my case was expedited and it left the NVC and is now at the embassy. I wonder if the embassy is prioritizing CR1 visas and we will soon hear from the embassy for an actual date for an interview. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kingdennis21 said:

Yeah they also mentioned that my case was expedited and it left the NVC and is now at the embassy. I wonder if the embassy is prioritizing CR1 visas and we will soon hear from the embassy for an actual date for an interview. 

Fingers crossed! 🤞

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Biola said:

Congratulations!!!

Thank you

3 hours ago, JenIE said:

Yes that's normal. Some embassies seem to be better than others at quickly updating statuses. Mine stayed as Ready until the Visa was issued at which time it said Issued. 

Alright. Thanks 

@dwheels76

Is there possibly any way to mark expedited cases on your wonderful DQ to Interview spreadsheet?

I feel like the information there isn’t super representative when you see cases getting interviews 6 to 30 days after DQ but have no way to tell whether those were expedited or not. Like, it’s hard to actually use the spreadsheet to track the pace of things in your country when you can’t tell what’s a “normal” case and what’s expedited.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi - My husband interviewed yesterday and was approved, but when I just checked our status, it says "Administrative Processing". Should I panic? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Fitz1130 said:

Hi - My husband interviewed yesterday and was approved, but when I just checked our status, it says "Administrative Processing". Should I panic? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Yay congrats! That status is normal after the approval, they spend a few days processing things and then eventually the Visa gets issued and it changes to Issued. You're lucky you saw a change, when we were approved it stayed as Ready the whole time until one day it changed to Issued. FYI for us it took about 2 weeks to receive the Visa from the Dublin Embassy.

2 hours ago, Sm4598 said:

Is there possibly any way to mark expedited cases on your wonderful DQ to Interview spreadsheet?

I think column J has that information, it just depends on users and whether or not they have provided that information. 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JenIE said:

Yay congrats! That status is normal after the approval, they spend a few days processing things and then eventually the Visa gets issued and it changes to Issued. You're lucky you saw a change, when we were approved it stayed as Ready the whole time until one day it changed to Issued. FYI for us it took about 2 weeks to receive the Visa from the Dublin Embassy.

Thanks Jen! We are thrilled. And thanks for the info *sigh of relief*. He was told they would post his passport by the end of the week and we will get it next week! FINALLY!! :D 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fitz1130 said:

Thanks Jen! We are thrilled. And thanks for the info *sigh of relief*. He was told they would post his passport by the end of the week and we will get it next week! FINALLY!! :D 

I hope yours doesn't take as long as ours, it's agony waiting lol. Congratulations on making it through the process! 🎉

Timeline
Just now, JenIE said:

I hope yours doesn't take as long as ours, it's agony waiting lol. Congratulations on making it through the process! 🎉

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.