dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview January 2021

136 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Hilde said:

This is the Public Charge form right? I have read here on VJ that some embassies request it and others do not. You only find out on the day of your interview. Personally, I would just have it ready, just in case.

Yes Public Charge form. I have not seen anywhere in check list that is required. NVC nor embassy. As per NVC last update in August 2020 says:

On Wednesday, July 29, the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York enjoined the Department of State from “enforcing, applying, implementing, or treating as effective” the Department’s October 2019 interim final rule and accompanying Foreign Affairs Manual guidance related to the public charge ground of visa ineligibility.  The Department is complying with the court’s order and is in the process of updating its guidance to consular officers on how to proceed under the preliminary injunction. In the interim, visa applications that appear to be ineligible under INA 212(a)(4) will be refused for administrative processing to allow for consultation with the Department, including legal review to ensure compliance with applicable court orders.  Visa applicants are not requested to take any additional steps at this time and should attend their visa interviews as scheduled.  Applicants are not required to complete nor should they present the DS-5540, Public Charge Questionnaire.

Now my question has anyone who has been to the interview lately produced or asked for this?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, KEMJ said:

Yes Public Charge form. I have not seen anywhere in check list that is required. NVC nor embassy. As per NVC last update in August 2020 says:

Now my question has anyone who has been to the interview lately produced or asked for this?  

I haven't heard of anyone being asked for it lately because use of it is still suspended. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, KEMJ said:

Maybe you can go to "portals" on the top of the website and look at people from your embassy who recently had interviews. They might be able to shed some light into this. Let us know !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Juarez Consulate (MX) - A few FB groups members whose March 2020 interview dates were cancelled (Consulate closed for regular visa appts in March 2020) are claiming they received notifications of reschedule (they didn't expedite) for January 2021!!!  I'm hoping this is legit... we DQ'd in August 2019 so that would make our interview date (fingers crossed) July 2021 :)  What a mess this has all been - that means my husband has to bring down updated 824 and 2020 taxes.  We may also need a sponsor now (we didn't when we DQ'd).  The fact that the average wait time for an interview before Covid was 12 months is just unacceptable.  There are so many ways to make this process more efficient FFS - whew happy Saturday everyone! 

Edited by Clarebear101

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The US Embassy in Moscow is still closed and not doing any interviews since March 2020. I hope this month we finally get going with Interviews - it's been a gruesome 9 Months. 

@dwheels76, to answer your question on the other thread since it's been closed. I knew about the medicals i was just asking if it is a walk in and get it done.but later got to know that you have to book an appointment with them. Thanks anyways.

We got booked and got it done last week. I pray they sent the results before our interview. 

Secondly,  we got DQ on 1st of May, and it is our first interview.  Thanks. 

Edited by Toyenfad
Wrong date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 12/4/2020 at 6:03 AM, Hilde said:

This is the Public Charge form right? I have read here on VJ that some embassies request it and others do not. You only find out on the day of your interview. Personally, I would just have it ready, just in case.

true ... our Embassy did not request it...thank goodness because I forgot to do it 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Toyenfad said:

@dwheels76, to answer your question on the other thread since it's been closed. I knew about the medicals i was just asking if it is a walk in and get it done.but later got to know that you have to book an appointment with them. Thanks anyways.

We got booked and got it done last week. I pray they sent the results before our interview. 

Secondly,  we got DQ on 1st of May, and it is our first interview.  Thanks. 

Okay that's for giving me DQ date when was date you got IL and what is interview date? Thanks

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Islandg767 said:

Did anyone know what’s going on with Barbados? DQ July and yet still nothing? Ask any recommendations/suggestion in regards to switching from consulate to adjusting of status? 

Adjusting status the beneficiary has to be living in the US. And you would have to pay to get your I-130 sent back to USCIS. Changing embassies the Beneficiary has to be a resident of that country.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Toyenfad said:

IL  was on 25th of Nov,while interview is Dec 14th. 

Quick one!, can one obtain the police certificate any where in the country?

Thank you. Yes any police station you can get. But at Algabon Head QTRS you can get same day.

ROC I-751

N-400

1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

Adjusting status the beneficiary has to be living in the US. And you would have to pay to get your I-130 sent back to USCIS. Changing embassies the Beneficiary has to be a resident of that country.

Thanks. Do you know of the cost involved? The person is in the US while awaiting for the consulate interview date and I’m wondering if it would be easier and faster doing it that way. Thanks in advance 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi, I did my interview yesterday and I was approved pending my medicals which wasn't ready as at at yesterday.

However, on the ceac website - https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV which i just checked my case is still showing "READY" like I haven't attended the interview. 

Is that normal?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.