18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As of today, my husbands AOS case changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" 71 days ago on April 29th and we had to send in his EAD card to have his middle fixed since they spelled it wrong and that case was updated to "Name was Updated" 22 days ago on June 17th and now nothing. Has anyone else had to wait this long or should we be calling in and getting an update?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Pooley said:

As of today, my husbands AOS case changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" 71 days ago on April 29th and we had to send in his EAD card to have his middle fixed since they spelled it wrong and that case was updated to "Name was Updated" 22 days ago on June 17th and now nothing. Has anyone else had to wait this long or should we be calling in and getting an update?

My EAD took 2 months to have my name fixed. It will take about 1 month after the name is updated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Georgia16 said:

That’s actually not very long wait. 

I applied for AOS in the beginning of October in 2019 so I guess it feels like forever. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
Just now, Pooley said:

I applied for AOS in the beginning of October in 2019 so I guess it feels like forever. 

I know. It takes time and also with COVID that didn’t help things either. But hang in there it will be your turn soon. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Pooley said:

In 2016-2018, waits of 1+ year from submission of the I485 to interview were common in most of the large offices - in some offices it was closer to 2 years.

In 2019/2020 things started speed up substantially as the backlog got smaller -  until of course Covid hit. 😭  

We applied for marriage based AoS in April 2019.  We have been "ready to schedule" for interview since May 2019.  Our case is very straight forward.  No interactions w/ law enforcement, husband is Canadian, we both make decent money (he's a physician).  Major city field offices are backed up and each has different priorities.  Ours (Seattle) apparently prioritizes employment based AoS and N400s.  Sorry to say, but this is just the way it is currently. 

1 hour ago, Pooley said:

there are people waiting for 3-4 years to get their cases processed in other categories and 5 months is barely the tip of ICE. Welcome to United states Immigration Service. Take a number and please take a seat. it will be bump but you will get through. 

duh

1 hour ago, Pooley said:

I would probably call them up and ask to speak to tier 2 about it.

I've seen a few people get EAD approvals and then no movement on card production for weeks until they call and chase it up - then an hour later they're getting cards put in the mail. It'll only take a little bit of your time to try and be the squeaky wheel since your card was already approved and just needed to be amended.

2 hours ago, Pooley said:

We waited 14 months for an interview, pre-covid.  

2 hours ago, James120383 said:

there are people waiting for 3-4 years to get their cases processed in other categories and 5 months is barely the tip of ICE. Welcome to United states Immigration Service. Take a number and please take a seat. it will be bump but you will get through. 

Of the "ICE-berg" :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, mkayyy said:

We applied for marriage based AoS in April 2019.  We have been "ready to schedule" for interview since May 2019.  Our case is very straight forward.  No interactions w/ law enforcement, husband is Canadian, we both make decent money (he's a physician).  Major city field offices are backed up and each has different priorities.  Ours (Seattle) apparently prioritizes employment based AoS and N400s.  Sorry to say, but this is just the way it is currently. 

We are April 9 ready for interview .. waiting.. no EAD no AP , I-94 expired...

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

We are July 19. You are sadly within processing times. We received a weird RFIE for our marriage certificate (although we sent a certified copy) in October and it has been radio silence ever since. Not even ready for interview. Mileage will vary and there is nothing we can do but wait.

Edited by NinaLu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

And it'll take a lot longer if USCIS actually has to furlough 70% of their staff come August. We can only imagine how massive the backlogs will get if they furlough 13000 of their 19000 employees for who knows how long. We have no idea how much worse the processing times could get, or when it will change for the better.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

12 hours ago, RamonGomez said:

In 2016-2018, waits of 1+ year from submission of the I485 to interview were common in most of the large offices - in some offices it was closer to 2 years.

In 2019/2020 things started speed up substantially as the backlog got smaller -  until of course Covid hit. 😭  

I remember those days and I remember ROC being even longer. Thank God, this is no longer the case and thank God, those days are far behind me.

Edited by shell20

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.