Amazinggrace123

All offices closed????

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

What a rude accusation. Maybe I just choose to be a little bit less dramatic. I did click the link and there is no official notice or whatever you call it. The official notice on that site clearly states that Field Offices  have resumed limited service on June 4th. No need to interpret a global shutdown over what looks like a system glitch after the last offices (NYC) re-opened.

My only concern is what google shows ( which could mean nothing but still worrisome to me at least). During the pandemic the offices that were closed said “temporarily closed” in bolded red. Once they started re-opening that wording went away. But when I checked again tonight, after seeing this post, my particular office has the same bolded red closed wording. I checked other field offices; I just typed into the google search bar Illinois field office and the Chicago office doesn’t have that red lettering. It’s messing me up to say the least. I pray it’s nothing... I’m the worry wart type and this is driving me to the brink of madness. I could be wrong so if anybody has any insight please comment! 

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

If you click on the "Field Offices" tab directly under the paragraph about the June 4 reopening/COVID, it does indeed say:  

All Offices:  Closed.

Further down, under international USCIS offices, it lists all but three as being permanently closed.

OP, I think what @Quarknasewas getting that was that generally when there is a big change like this, it is heralded in the form of an official press-release style announcement and posted on the home page on the left under 'news', by date.  There is nothing there yet for June 26. This doesn't mean there isn't one coming.  Best plan is to check USCIS over the next few days for changes. 

50 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

What a rude accusation. Maybe I just choose to be a little bit less dramatic. I did click the link and there is no official notice or whatever you call it. The official notice on that site clearly states that Field Offices  have resumed limited service on June 4th. No need to interpret a global shutdown over what looks like a system glitch after the last offices (NYC) re-opened.

Its not the rude accusation at all. 

I am sorry you feel that way. Probably you dont know how to use or read the instructions on USCIS official web site. 

The Notice is from June 26th 2020 Friday. Maybe you didnt see it properly, I know many people dont want to bother to read or they misunderstood.

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

And also Aplication Center Office is All closed😔

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Giovanna024 said:

Its not the rude accusation at all. 

I am sorry you feel that way. Probably you dont know how to use or read the instructions on USCIS official web site. 

The Notice is from June 26th 2020 Friday. Maybe you didnt see it properly, I know many people dont want to bother to read or they misunderstood.

I do know, thanks for your concern. And I did read it before I replied to you. It’s simply what jorgedig said. There’s no official announcement and as others stated the drop down looks more like a bug than anything. With re-opening of some states not going well, closures are likely to come back in certain areas. But a full global closure would be communicated.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Any way people can get approved without biometrics now? As in, they could use the ones from POE like they’ve done before. I feel like ASC’s are never reopening lol

51 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

Any way people can get approved without biometrics now? As in, they could use the ones from POE like they’ve done before. I feel like ASC’s are never reopening lol

They can also approve your GC without an interview too, seems that they would start to do many  more of those should the offices be closed again. They are going to have to do something if it fact this drags on and on.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, gregcrs2 said:

All offices show OPEN now.

Field Office Status
All Offices Open

Just checked it. Status as above. ^

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
6 hours ago, Giovanna024 said:

What kind of official notice more you need then statement on official goverment site?? Did  you click on Field office to see that Are All Closed? You didnt even open it and go To FIEL OFFICE  and click on that. 

Hey you might want to check that again yourself and maybe calm down a bit. It was a glitch it seems.

4 hours ago, Ela S. said:

Has there been cases that they issued EAD without biometrics? I have read that without the background check they won’t issue anything!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, optimistic23 said:

Has there been cases that they issued EAD without biometrics? I have read that without the background check they won’t issue anything!!!

From what I read in other discussions, USCIS started re-using older biometrics if they have taken them in the past. This (I think) does not apply to biometrics taken by DOS (embassies etc) since it’s a different agency.

If no biometrics have been taken by USCIS for an applicant, as it stands currently they’ll have to wait for ASC to open.

45 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

From what I read in other discussions, USCIS started re-using older biometrics if they have taken them in the past. This (I think) does not apply to biometrics taken by DOS (embassies etc) since it’s a different agency.

If no biometrics have been taken by USCIS for an applicant, as it stands currently they’ll have to wait for ASC to open.

You’re right i have seen that as well but i’m talking about the biometrics they took on POE. Will that be counted as reusable biometrics since it’s inside US. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.