dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Why didn't they just tell you what the message was? What does your main status say for financial evidence and civil document say?

I don’t know .all accepted and completed. I deleted a rejected duplicate document because I saw my lawyer submit New document (was accepted) instead of replace one. So I don’t know it could affect. The thing is all docs required are completed.but I don’t know if they will check my case again or I need to submit any doc to send it to queue of revision..

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone!!!! We got a DQ today!!! 

NOA2: April 23

Case Received by NVC: April 24

All documents submitted: May 22 (Final AOS document May 1; final civil document (police certificate) submitted May 22)

RFE: June 1 (AOS documents were hard to read and needed reuploaded, and there were too many extra pages uploaded with police certifcate). 

Second Submission: June 1 

DQ: June 2nd! 

Now the waiting for an interview begins! My husband will be interviewing at the embassy in London! We know there will most likely be a backlog of people getting interviews because of COVID, but we are so excited and can't wait! I know that as of right now embassies are closed, but does anyone happen to know (if this were a typical situation) how long it takes to receive the notice that an interview has been scheduled? 

Thanks so much!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

@Michael&Karen Thank you for posting that your message wouldn´t open. I ended up logging into my account and saw that I had 2 messages and they wouldn´t open either. I called NVC (60 minutes waiting).

The officer said the messages are not opening and one has to call to have them read to them.

Turns out one message said I was DQ´d and the other said I don´t meet minimal income requirements. She said the ultimate decision lies with the Council Officer but suggested I get a joint sponsor. 

I am very surprised to find this information like this. I was going by my DQ email and thought everything had been approved and was good to go...

But I am glad to have known this before the interview. Yet another example of VJ helping each other out.

PS: I have a lawyer (hired before I found out about VJ)... who was not aware of this either.

Sigh...

3 hours ago, Jorge-sca said:

I don’t know .all accepted and completed. I deleted a rejected duplicate document because I saw my lawyer submit New document (was accepted) instead of replace one. So I don’t know it could affect. The thing is all docs required are completed.but I don’t know if they will check my case again or I need to submit any doc to send it to queue of revision..

Have you tried calling?

4 hours ago, CGs_Mother said:

It's not just me (or us):

This is from 5 minutes ago. I guess we're all stuck right now, those of us with the AOS IN PROCESS status. ☹️

received_243142236974619.jpeg

Unfortunately I have been through the same case along side with a group of people you can see the thread here >>  

It took them 24 days to fix it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

I am convince that CR1 and IR1's are getting DQ faster than other categories. Some people with these visa type are getting DQ in just 1 day. Seems weird to me. This also means that when embassies open up we with other visa type like F5 will get interviews after CR1 and IR1 regardless of priority date. People that submitted Docs after mine are getting approved. 

(L) (L) (F) (F) Some peoples journey to love is harder than others, but when they reach their destination its definitely, definitely worth preserving. (F) (F) (L) (L)

event.png

blk-event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ibrahim Suliman said:

Unfortunately I have been through the same case along side with a group of people you can see the thread here >>  

It took them 24 days to fix it.

Thanks for sending this. I have a transaction ID, proof it left my bank, and a receipt. I sent this all to them electronically. I mean, it's not like the embassy is open right now, but I am guessing a whole slew will go through once they get the glitch fixed. That warning probably means don't call them again about it...the $ left our account on May 21, so by your calculations, it should be through next week. 😕

19 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

Thanks for sending this. I have a transaction ID, proof it left my bank, and a receipt. I sent this all to them electronically. I mean, it's not like the embassy is open right now, but I am guessing a whole slew will go through once they get the glitch fixed. That warning probably means don't call them again about it...the $ left our account on May 21, so by your calculations, it should be through next week. 😕

Hopefully it will be faster for you, as we were a small group affected last time.. but as I am seeing there are many people affected with this.. they usually speed up the process when a huge group of people are facing a problem.

Best of luck!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Ma classe de visa est IR1, j'ai soumis mes documents le 18 mars (mais quand je suis soumis, nous étions en classe LRP mais maintenant nous sommes IR1 parce que mon mari est USC maintenant) et j'attends toujours.

J'ai décidé de soumettre un autre document pour voir si cela ferait avancer le processus.

Edited by AllTheseGoneBy

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
7 hours ago, Bzegurl said:

I am convince that CR1 and IR1's are getting DQ faster than other categories. Some people with these visa type are getting DQ in just 1 day. Seems weird to me. This also means that when embassies open up we with other visa type like F5 will get interviews after CR1 and IR1 regardless of priority date. People that submitted Docs after mine are getting approved. 

CR1 here, still waiting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi, 

hope everyone is staying safe. 
Our I-130 was recently approved, and we’re waiting on NVC
I have a question, My passport expires in December, which means it’s 6 months to expiry from this Month. I live in the UAE 
My embassy (Nigerian Embassy)  is not open to renew passport until further notice due to Covid-19.

Incase NVC gets back to me, can I proceed by uploading my current passport in CAEC? Pending the time I’ll be able to get a new passport.

Hopefully, I’ll have gotten the passport renewed before the interview stage. 

I’ll appreciate your reply.

Thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, AllTheseGoneBy said:

Ma classe de visa est IR1, j'ai soumis mes documents le 18 mars (mais quand je suis soumis, nous étions en classe LRP mais maintenant nous sommes IR1 parce que mon mari est USC maintenant) et j'attends toujours.

J'ai décidé de soumettre un autre document pour voir si cela ferait avancer le processus.

Did you explicitly upgrade your case with NVC?  Some people are not aware that it doesn't happen automatically...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.