dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

Got our approval today!

Capture.thumb.PNG.1fb1942bcef334bde016e971836713de.PNG

Sent all documents to NVC on 2020-05-20, got an email 2 days ago regarding my police records being wrong, submitted them again explaining that that was the only thing I could get (Argentina's consulate website had a step by step guide on how to get it, and even that was outdated) and just got our approval email!

There's one thing I don't understand though, the email says "NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in BUENOS AIRES, ARG to schedule an interview appointment for you", but everywhere I've seen it says I should be the one requesting the appointment, did this procedure change?

Thanks!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 minute ago, Zeitzen said:

Got our approval today!

Sent all documents to NVC on 2020-05-20, got an email 2 days ago regarding my police records being wrong, submitted them again explaining that that was the only thing I could get (Argentina's consulate website had a step by step guide on how to get it, and even that was outdated) and just got our approval email!

There's one thing I don't understand though, the email says "NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in BUENOS AIRES, ARG to schedule an interview appointment for you", but everywhere I've seen it says I should be the one requesting the appointment, did this procedure change?

Thanks!

Congratulations!

The info from NVC is accurate. Only non-immigrant visas (incl. K1) schedule their interview. For immigrant visas (such as your CR1/IR1) NVC schedules it with the embassy and informs you about it before they send the case to the embassy.

3 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Congratulations!

The info from NVC is accurate. Only non-immigrant visas (incl. K1) schedule their interview. For immigrant visas (such as your CR1/IR1) NVC schedules it with the embassy and informs you about it before they send the case to the embassy.

Awesome, thank you!

1 hour ago, MarlinCobon said:

I don't think they will be so backup to be honest.

They just announced today about a plan to reopen the country in 4 phases, so hopefully another month an half or so.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/vida/20200603/481590604099/guatemala-organiza-su-desconfinamiento-por-covid-19-en-cuatro-fases.html  

I have a question, I know for NVC documents in spanish dont have to be translated, however xo you know if for the interview they're required an english translation?

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
1 hour ago, Zeitzen said:

Got our approval today!

Thanks!

congratulations :joy:

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

We finally got all of our documents in the mail today, so about to finish submitting them, although I didn't realize it would take time to add a joint sponsor and a household member onto the CEAC. 

Anyway, I have a question for all you who have submitted already. Did you submit passport photos of the beneficiary along with all other civil documents? I was under the impression that they expire in 6 months so we weren't supposed to submit them until we get an interview date. What did other people do?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

We finally got all of our documents in the mail today, so about to finish submitting them, although I didn't realize it would take time to add a joint sponsor and a household member onto the CEAC. 

Anyway, I have a question for all you who have submitted already. Did you submit passport photos of the beneficiary along with all other civil documents? I was under the impression that they expire in 6 months so we weren't supposed to submit them until we get an interview date. What did other people do?

The passport photo is one of the required documents under civil docs tab for the beneficiary :) They way it's phrased is that it cannot be older than 6 months at time of submission.

1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

The passport photo is one of the required documents under civil docs tab for the beneficiary :) They way it's phrased is that it cannot be older than 6 months at time of submission.

Ohhhh. Ugh. I wish I'd understood that earlier. Thanks! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

Ohhhh. Ugh. I wish I'd understood that earlier. Thanks! 

I found it confusing as well -- the place to upload the passport photo is called "Photographs" which makes it unclear if they are referring to passport photos, evidence of your relationship, etc. You are supposed to bring physical copies of the passport photo to your interview, so if the time from submission to the NVC to interview is more than 6 months I'd probably go get new photos taken to bring in, but otherwise you should be fine.

43 minutes ago, JenIE said:

I found it confusing as well -- the place to upload the passport photo is called "Photographs" which makes it unclear if they are referring to passport photos, evidence of your relationship, etc. You are supposed to bring physical copies of the passport photo to your interview, so if the time from submission to the NVC to interview is more than 6 months I'd probably go get new photos taken to bring in, but otherwise you should be fine.

Thanks, that's helpful!

Timeline
1 hour ago, JenIE said:

Yep, I double that 😁 we actually ended up using the same passport photo that we uploaded to USCIS for the I-130 because we were well within the 6 months when NVC started. We’ll have to bring new ones to the interview but with the expected wait time there’s no point on doing so now. We’ll worry about all documents with expiration date (such as PCC, passport photo, medical) once an interview date comes around.

Does anyone know if immigrant visa interviews are country specific when it comes to translating documents? Or does the same apply as it does with NVC where it says, any documents written in english or the language of the country need no translation?

On 6/2/2020 at 12:00 AM, AllTheseGoneBy said:

No one is DQ for february/march ? 

Still waiting.. Feb 25/29 submission :( I think they're not checking anymore. When we called NVC, they said they are doing doing training so the May/June DQ'ed are pulled by them. I'm thinking maybe i should resubmit so it can be on top or probably risky (we will be at the ned of the line). 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
48 minutes ago, JC&PB said:

Toujours en attente .. Soumission du 25/29 février :(Je pense qu'ils ne vérifient plus. Lorsque nous avons appelé NVC , ils ont dit qu'ils faisaient de la formation pour que les DQ de mai / juin soient tirés par eux. Je pense que je devrais peut-être resoumettre afin que ce soit au top ou probablement risqué (nous serons au bout de la ligne). 

I submitted a other doc yesterday I hope to be DQ soon. I tried the risk

3 minutes ago, AllTheseGoneBy said:

I submitted a other doc yesterday I hope to be DQ soon. I tried the risk

Can you please let me know once you get DQ'ed, i'm planning to resubmit and do the same.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.