dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
54 minutes ago, JC&PB said:

Toujours en attente .. Soumission du 25/29 février :(Je pense qu'ils ne vérifient plus. Lorsque nous avons appelé NVC , ils ont dit qu'ils faisaient de la formation pour que les DQ de mai / juin soient tirés par eux. Je pense que je devrais peut-être resoumettre afin que ce soit au top ou probablement risqué (nous serons au bout de la ligne). 

they advised you something? I find this situation very frustrating for me to see everyone advanced except me. my priority date is 20 octobre 2017 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JC&PB said:

Pouvez-vous s'il vous plaît laissez-moi savoir une fois que vous obtenez DQ'ed, je prévois de soumettre à nouveau et faire de même.

Yes I will give the good news, I pray for that

2 minutes ago, AllTheseGoneBy said:

they advised you something? I find this situation very frustrating for me to see everyone advanced except me. my priority date is 20 octobre 2017 

Why did you wait for 3 years? MY PD is June 2019. We go approved in USCIS only for 6 months but we are stuck in NVC.

Timeline

3 minutes ago, JC&PB said:

Why did you wait for 3 years? MY PD is June 2019. We go approved in USCIS only for 6 months but we are stuck in NVC.

We waited 2 years for the I-130 to be accepted

Edited by AllTheseGoneBy

5 minutes ago, AllTheseGoneBy said:

They told us they can't review our case yet because they're still reviewing Feb 14, we informed them there's a lot of May & June cases that were DQ'ed and they said they are not aware of that. Really frustrating.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
12 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

I have a question, I know for NVC documents in spanish dont have to be translated, however xo you know if for the interview they're required an english translation?

https://gt.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/visa-forms-fees/ go here and click on pocket 4

Note about translation of documents: If your documents are in English or in Spanish, they do not have to be translated for the interview. If they are in any other language they should have certified English translations.

This comes straight from the US Guatemala embassy. NOTE, we haven't had our interview yet.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Does anyone know if immigrant visa interviews are country specific when it comes to translating documents? Or does the same apply as it does with NVC where it says, any documents written in english or the language of the country need no translation?

This part was honestly never clear to me. I read everywhere that if the document is in the native language of where the embassy is located, no translations are required. But then I also saw plenty NVC RFE’s for translations. We just translated everything that wasn’t in English to be safe

3 hours ago, MarlinCobon said:

https://gt.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/visa-forms-fees/ go here and click on pocket 4

Note about translation of documents: If your documents are in English or in Spanish, they do not have to be translated for the interview. If they are in any other language they should have certified English translations.

This comes straight from the US Guatemala embassy. NOTE, we haven't had our interview yet.

I came across some links but I guess they were old and it was not so clear. The english part of the instructions said english translation required but then again in the spanish instructions it never mentions about translations but this here confirms it.

2 hours ago, Quarknase said:

This part was honestly never clear to me. I read everywhere that if the document is in the native language of where the embassy is located, no translations are required. But then I also saw plenty NVC RFE’s for translations. We just translated everything that wasn’t in English to be safe

I think if it's in a language that doesnt follow the whole A-Z alphabet but instead uses symbols EX. Chinese. then it does have to be translated. For NVC I didn't translate and no RFE for that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I am preparing all the docs for the NVC stage, Is it mandatory to include bank statements for the petitioner and beneficiary? 

Edit: We have a joint sponsor which fulfills the requeriments.

Edited by rexy10

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 minutes ago, rexy10 said:

I am preparing all the docs for the NVC stage, Is it mandatory to include bank statements for the petitioner and beneficiary? 

Edit: We have a joint sponsor which fulfills the requeriments.

Nothing is needed for financials from the beneficiary.

The petitioner and the joint sponsor need to provide the signed I-864s and most recent tax transcripts. I also recommend W2s or 1099’s along with those. They’re usually only required when you use returns instead of transcripts, but we’ve seen RFE’s for those every now and then. Bank statements are not required at all. Pay stubs can make sense if current income is much higher than in the last return, but are not a requirement.

Hope this helps. Keep in mind every case is different and one persons experience might not match another’s. I recommend following the NVC guidelines for your country above anything else.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Nothing is needed for financials from the beneficiary.

The petitioner and the joint sponsor need to provide the signed I-864s and most recent tax transcripts. I also recommend W2s or 1099’s along with those. They’re usually only required when you use returns instead of transcripts, but we’ve seen RFE’s for those every now and then. Bank statements are not required at all. Pay stubs can make sense if current income is much higher than in the last return, but are not a requirement.

Hope this helps. Keep in mind every case is different and one persons experience might not match another’s. I recommend following the NVC guidelines for your country above anything else.

Great, thank you so much for that!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 6/2/2020 at 3:20 PM, CGs_Mother said:

It's not just me (or us):

This is from 5 minutes ago. I guess we're all stuck right now, those of us with the AOS IN PROCESS status. ☹️

received_243142236974619.jpeg

i am also going through this my  AOS payment was made on 5/22 and is still pending .i sent them an inquiry but haven't heard back. 

9 hours ago, MarlinCobon said:

I emailed the embassy yesterday and got this response. Screenshot_20200604-113157_Gmail.thumb.jpg.707c7427a269e9a16054c55f7ae7ffaf.jpg

5 hours ago, carolyne said:

i am also going through this my  AOS payment was made on 5/22 and is still pending .i sent them an inquiry but haven't heard back. 

I'm in the same boat. Talked to a supervisor on the phone every day since June 1st,  and submitted my account transcript showing the fees were taken out. I was told today that a supervisor inquiry can take upto 6 weeks, and that I can't do anymore, I need to be patient, and that calling more won't help anything. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.