Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, ashp65 said:

The visa expires on June 23rd, can we fly out from London and enter the USA before the expiry given that we are traveling from UK one of the areas currently banned.

The proclamation that is the topic of this thread doesn't apply to you per Section 2. But, you are subject to the UK and Ireland proclamation. So an option is to go to a unrestricted country for 14 days before attempting US entry:

Edited by HRQX

Hi all.. I just want to double check with you here if there are any new information about the EO since it’s been 30+ days and in the beginning it was mentioned that they’ll review it after 30 days. 
I didn’t get a chance to follow daily news these days so it will help if you guys have any info. Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
32 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

There's apparently something coming, according to multiple sources. They totally missed the 30 day deadline though, because nothing matters and everything is chaos.

Official slogan of 2020: Nothing matters and everything is chaos. 

This discusses some of what might be in the EO: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/25/trump-broaden-foreign-worker-bans-276510

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 hours ago, ashp65 said:

Hi all, just after some advise.

We have been granted our F3 entry visa from the US Embassy in London back in February. We were due to fly out in April but cancelled due to the current situation. The visa expires on June 23rd, can we fly out from London and enter the USA before the expiry given that we are traveling from UK one of the areas currently banned.

If I understood it correctly, you have to go to a non-banned country and stay there for 2 weeks before flying to the US or you won't be let in..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

If I understood it correctly, you have to go to a non-banned country and stay there for 2 weeks before flying to the US or you won't be let in..

Exactly... Mexico 's been the destination for folks quarantining for 2 weeks then fly into the US

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

13 hours ago, sl1pstream said:

There's apparently something coming, according to multiple sources. They totally missed the 30 day deadline though, because nothing matters and everything is chaos.

I would like to add that 'they probably forgot' about it - guess it wasn't as important as it was put out? A much needed break golfing during the long weekend 😂

7 minutes ago, Ryceryce said:

I would like to add that 'they probably forgot' about it - guess it wasn't as important as it was put out? A much needed break golfing during the long weekend 😂

Can they just permanently forget about it lol. I have my interview in 6 days and flights on the 14th of July! Nail biting time.

25 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

Can they just permanently forget about it lol. I have my interview in 6 days and flights on the 14th of July! Nail biting time.

They just might! So much other things to worry or think about i.e. mask on or mask off 😆

37 minutes ago, Ryceryce said:

They just might! So much other things to worry or think about i.e. mask on or mask off 😆

Hahaha. Now that is a dilemma! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ryceryce said:

There's just no way that Stephen Miller has ever seen a ray of sunshine. :P

Edited by sl1pstream

4 minutes ago, KingTho said:

That was a change to the effective date of the Brazil proclamation; so not the topic of this thread.

Original effective date of the Brazil proclamation: "Sec. 5. Effective Date. This proclamation is effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on May 28, 2020. This proclamation does not apply to persons aboard a flight scheduled to arrive in the United States that departed prior to 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on May 28, 2020."

Amended effective date of the Brazil proclamation: "Sec. 5.  Effective Date.  This proclamation is effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on May 26, 2020.  This proclamation does not apply to persons aboard a flight scheduled to arrive in the United States that departed prior to 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on May 26, 2020."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was concerned about the lack of announcements after the 30 days passed so I reread the proclamation again. Apparently the only hard "deadline" there is the expiry (barring continuance) after 60 days from the effective date. 

The terms used in the proclamation regarding the "30 days" and "50 days" is a mandate to the secretaries, such as "shall recommend to me", but nothing there is binding the president to apply or to even announce those recommendations within that time frame. My guess is the recommendations were submitted within those time frames (as reported by various news outlets), but they're trying to figure out the legal pretext and discussing with the lobbyists as of now. 

News outlets make it sound that these will be imminent. Perhaps additional restrictions and even the extension of the original EO will be announced together, who knows. 

Edited by Isoversa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.