Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

Hello.

I am a permanent resident and applied for my wife. She had an interview date scheduled 2 days before embassy closed. So, I wanted to know if anyone knows if she is still gonna get her visa when embassys reopen? My point is that those who had visa number before the ban are fine.

Any information regarding my question  would be very helpful.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, George087 said:

Hello.

I am a permanent resident and applied for my wife. She had an interview date scheduled 2 days before embassy closed. So, I wanted to know if anyone knows if she is still gonna get her visa when embassys reopen? My point is that those who had visa number before the ban are fine.

F2A is subject to this EO, so unless she meets one of the other exception criteria, she would be inadmissible until the EO expires or she is otherwise exempted.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
5 hours ago, jobyge said:

Is there any chance to extend the ban?if extend,any chance to exclude F2a category?

The ban can be extended as many times as he wants to and they've already hinted at including more categories, not less.

17 hours ago, geowrian said:

It's up to the consulate (once they reopen normal appointments) if they plan to resume interviewing these individuals. It's possible some may prioritize clearly exempted individuals first.

But yes, the CO makes a final decision if they are inadmissible under INA 212(f) or not. They would determine if any of the exceptions apply to the applicant.

If they determine they are inadmissible, they will be refused the visa. If the only issue is this EO, they can attempt to wait out the ban, at which point they would then become eligible for the visa again.

Thank you Geowrian. Appreciate the feedback. Was able to re schedule the appointment today - earliest was not until the after EO expires (in July) so depending what way the wind is blowing that day, we are at the mercy of the administration if the EO is extended or not.

2 hours ago, Peaksy said:

Thank you Geowrian. Appreciate the feedback. Was able to re schedule the appointment today - earliest was not until the after EO expires (in July) so depending what way the wind is blowing that day, we are at the mercy of the administration if the EO is extended or not.

Good luck, and please keep the thread updated. :)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

9 hours ago, Peaksy said:

Good luck with everything. Wanted to know if you called them about interview or they reached to you?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Renee Bua said:

If they add additional categories to the ban, what categories do you all think will be added?

It's all just guessing at this point. No one knows. Forbes posted this a few days ago, but nothing is official until it's signed.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2020/05/04/next-trump-immigration-target-opt-for-international-students/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/4/2020 at 8:52 PM, George087 said:

Hello.

Thank you.

I am so sorry to hear that. I think if Trump is re-elected, the ban might last until the end of 2021. Else, it might be lifted earlier. I don't see it lifted earlier than 2021. However, there will be challenges to this ban after this COVID situation is sorted out especially relating to those people who had already applied before this ban was implemented.

Edited by imsan

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [M])

Sent packet: October 21, 2019

USCIS Received package: October 22, 2019
Notification in text/email: October 30, 2019
Mail received from USCIS: November 09, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: May 06, 2020

event.png

Timeline

Just going to drop this in here since it seems relevant.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/republicans-urge-trump-halt-immigrant-work-visas-200507145156444.html

Edited by sl1pstream

7 hours ago, sl1pstream said:

EB5? But those create jobs for Americans. I'm kind of at a loss as to why this makes sense.

Timeline
12 hours ago, laylalex said:

EB5? But those create jobs for Americans. I'm kind of at a loss as to why this makes sense.

It doesn't, but since the thread doesn't allow for political discussion it's kind of hard to really talk about these EOs.

Also, WSJ posted this.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-pushes-to-extend-coronavirus-immigration-limits-11588935603

The president’s immigration advisers are drawing up plans for a coming executive order, expected this month, that would ban the issuance of some new temporary, work-based visas. The order is expected to focus on visa categories including H-1B, designed for highly skilled workers, and H-2B, for seasonal migrant workers, as well as student visas and the work authorization that accompanies them.

Though the scope of the order hasn’t yet been decided, administration officials said it could range from suspensions of entire visa categories to the creation of incentives to hire Americans in industries hardest-hit by layoffs.

The discussions follow a series of moves by President Trump to curtail the flow of migrants at the nation’s borders and entry points. In January, facing reports of a spreading epidemic, the White House announced travel restrictions on China. In March, the government shut down the Mexican and Canadian borders to nonessential travel and enacted a policy of expelling any migrant crossing the border illegally or asking for asylum.

Edited by sl1pstream

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.