Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Dashinka said:

That was my speculation yesterday.  I was a little surprised he didn’t.

Just a hunch. But i have a feeling they are separating them out IE one for Immigrants one for NIV Workers, in order to have a higher chance of them sticking in case of legal action. IE if it was consolidated it would be easier to stop it with a single suit. But who knows... we shall see

22 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

No, travel restrictions are a separate issue.

So you are exempt from the entry restriction but you wouldnt be allowed to enter because youre from the schengen area? I dont understand that tbh.

So despite my valid visa, I wouldnt be allowed to enter because im from the schengen area..

Whats the point then?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, vince4492 said:

So you are exempt from the entry restriction but you wouldnt be allowed to enter because youre from the schengen area? I dont understand that tbh.

So despite my valid visa, I wouldnt be allowed to enter because im from the schengen area..

Whats the point then?

You can go somewhere else for 2 weeks and then enter the US.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Just now, vince4492 said:

Whats the point then?

When the Shengen Coronavirus restrictions are lifted, you will be able to enter. It is a different order affecting that aspect.

1 minute ago, vince4492 said:

Whats the point then?

1) If you are exempt from the travel restrictions (i.e. a spouse of a USC) then you are fine already. idk your case.

2) You can travel to a area that is not covered for 14 days, then come to the US.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
Just now, JonSeattle said:

You can go somewhere else for 2 weeks and then enter the US.

the problem is finding another country that will take you. especially from europe right now

3 minutes ago, skjourney said:

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-3481/0-0-0-4805.html

This is very niche and has no reason to be affected by the EO.

Thank you so much for that link. It appears he would be classified as my immediate relative and therefore not effected by the EO.

47 minutes ago, VJmember2020 said:

PLEASE can someone answer this... I am a US citizen, I am planning to have my wedding and legal ceremony at the end of this year in the UK (assuming things clear up by then)... can we file for the spouse visa ??!

You cannot file any immigrant petition until you're married.  The EO is a 60 day document.  By the end of the year, we may have a lame duck administration anyway.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Dougefresh56 said:

So if I’m reading this right there is no ban on Non-Immigrant Visas. That would include a K visa. More specifically a K1 visa. So the Fiancée comes on a Non Immigrant VISA. Then gets married to the US citizen. Then they would be exempt from the Green Card Ban

Yes. You become a spouse of a USC, so that automatically makes you exempt. 
Note that only a US citizen can petition for a fiancé, a LPR can’t. 

Just now, Jorgedig said:

You cannot file any immigrant petition until you're married.  The EO is a 60 day document.  By the end of the year, we may have a lame duck administration anyway.

yes got it, was just wondering if we could file it. we are planning to get married in July hopefully travel ban is lifted. 

*** More posts deleted. Stop the bickering NOW!

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jennilacute said:

Nigeria will always accept you..we accept everything and they’re not on the travel ban

Nope Nigeria has travel restriction in place for most european countries

Just now, globalexpat said:

Posting again - Is L1 visa holder allowed back in the country per the EO as K1s are? A bit confusing the way it's written in Section 2 - any input would be appreciated

L-1 is not impacted by this EO.

They may be impacted by a future one that is considered. If possible, best thing is to enter the US and stay there until that is released and confirmed ok.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.