Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

PLEASE can someone answer this... I am a US citizen, I am planning to have my wedding and legal ceremony at the end of this year in the UK (assuming things clear up by then)... can we file for the spouse visa ??!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Basically impacted are those LPR’s who are trying to petition their spouse. 😥

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Trump just said this is subject to change

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

2 minutes ago, KingTho said:

Sorry, so confused. My spouse is waiting for her interview outside of u.s and she is married to me( us citizen). If she pass her interview, she is fine to enter in America? Thx

on the same boat. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, stech786 said:

Even though I m not impact by this EO, but embassies are STILL CLOSED..So technically, everyone is impacted!!!

That is actually old news, but hopefully the consulates will reopen within the next 30-60 days.  I suppose it will be country specific.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So it sounds like bad news for us with a K1 interview pending like myself. But even if this didn't mean we were under the ban, a lot of us can't progress anyway because of flight bans and embassies being closed. I just hope our actual visa process won't be effected and will be paused due to this. That's been my concern all along, but needing to wait 2 extra months is horrible.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, skjourney said:

ive picked out the main categories

(b)  The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(i)     any lawful permanent resident of the United States;

(iv)    any alien who is the spouse of a United States citizen;

(v)     any alien who is under 21 years old and is the child of a United States citizen,

I am struggling to understand part of this. I am at the NVC stage and about to go for my green card when the embassy opens, so should I assume my green card will still be issued~? I have read it a few times but it's going over my head a bit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

wondering about this too. I'm LPR and my spouse is a Clinical Lab Scientist. Wondering if it's worth asking NVC if they continue processing him or not

Yeah that seems to be a bit of a grey area because the wording of the EO would seem to imply that you as the LPR would need to be in the health field, but that would be something to get clarity on for sure. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
Just now, MattyUKtoUS said:

I am struggling to understand part of this. I am at the NVC stage and about to go for my green card when the embassy opens, so should I assume my green card will still be issued~? I have read it a few times but it's going over my head a bit.

What are your circumstances?  Is your spouse a USC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Cross-posting from other thread about the petiton...

Quick points as I read...

1. Impacts only immigrant visas. NIVs are not impacted.
  2. Does not impact anybody inside the US right now. Only people entering. AOS should not be impacted as a result.
  3. Does not impact existing visas.
  4. Existing, valid AP documents are still valid.
  5. Does not apply to LPRs
  6. Does not apply to any "physician, nurse, or other healthcare professional; to perform medical research or other research intended to combat the spread of COVID-19; or to perform work essential to combating, recovering from, or otherwise alleviating the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees;  and any spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old of any such alien who are accompanying or following to join the alien;"
  7. Does not impact EB-5 visas (an investment visa)
  8. Does not impact the spouse of a USC
  9. Does not impact children (under 21) of a USC, IR-4, or IH-4 visas
  10. Does not impact members or spouse or children of an active armed forces member

Edit:

It is active for 60 days unless extended.

Does not impact asylum or refugee cases (or other SI/SQ categories)

Effective as of 11:59 PM tomorrow (April 23rd)

THIS. thanks for the great summary!!

When you say doesn't impact LPRs.. can you clarify if this means that spouses and children of LPRs are ok, or just the LPRs themselves. I know this was a question a few people kept asking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, GregandNatty said:

I think you nailed it.   Great summary

Think this is correct. If you are married your ok. 

Considering my country recognizes my marriage this sounds correct. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.