2,698 posts in this topic

No one has made an April post yet. We’re planning on filing next week. Good luck to everyone here. Double check the dates on all forms and make sure you follow the new requirements since they changed as of February 24, 2020.

AOS Checklist

• Cover Letter listing Table of Contents
  • (Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00)

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145 
  • Form I-944 (Declaration of Self-Sufficiency) (required as of February 24, 2020)
  • Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process) 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate 
  • translation of birth certificate (if needed)
  • Certified copy of Marriage License 
  • Passport Photos (2) name written on the back 
  • Copy of DS-3025 

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC) (goes with form I-485)

• Proof of USC's citizenship (copy of birth certificate, copy of passport bio page, or other)
  • 2018, 2017 (optional), and 2016 (optional) Tax Return (with W-2) or Transcripts
  • Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process) 
  • Paystubs (last 3 months) 

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process) 

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Please be mindful that there are several pieces of evidence required to go along with I-944 alone. Transcripts, diplomas, credit report (or proof that they lack one), etc. We also will be filing within the next week or so. Good luck to everyone. 

Timeline

I filed using concurrent filing I-130 and I-485 last friday. One thing I could suggest the folks is the IRS transcript part. It really deducted paperwork a lot

On 4/5/2020 at 6:07 PM, Ameriaussie said:

Just to confirm, for concurrent filing, it is the Chicago Lockbox at

P.O. Box 805887,
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

right?

Yes that's right.

Just got back from USPS. Expected to arrive at Chicago this Thursday. 

This is the second time we will be filing since our first application got sent back for using the outdated forms, even though they were postmarked before 2/24. Really hoping everything goes through this time. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Glad to see this thread was created! We are planning to file either by the end of this week or beginning of next. The only thing that’s holding us back now is my credit score which should be coming our way by regular mail. Can’t wait to finally send this packet out! 🤭 

Edited by florifama
Word choice

1 hour ago, Flowerfame said:

Glad to see this thread was created! We are planning to file either by the end of this week or beginning of next. The only thing that’s holding us back now is my credit score which should be coming our way by regular mail. Can’t wait to finally send this packet out! 🤭 

Good luck and glad you were able to get a credit report! All I sent were screenshots of the error reports when trying to get an online credit report and a letter signed by my wife stating she has no credit but is planning on building credit here and will gladly send a credit report if they were to ask in the future. I hope USCIS will accept this. It was too hard trying to get in contact with the credit bureaus and I didn’t want to wait any longer. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
7 hours ago, ecuatorianos2018 said:

Good luck and glad you were able to get a credit report! All I sent were screenshots of the error reports when trying to get an online credit report and a letter signed by my wife stating she has no credit but is planning on building credit here and will gladly send a credit report if they were to ask in the future. I hope USCIS will accept this. It was too hard trying to get in contact with the credit bureaus and I didn’t want to wait any longer. 

That makes sense!! I got my credit report last week thinking that would be enough evidence (because I thought it would be a letter verifying I didn’t have one) but it turns out I do have one! My husband made me an authorized user on his credit card not that long ago but I still “inherited” his credit score.... so when we found that out we had to call again and request yet ANOTHER letter lol to get my credit score (and paid $8 for it). Needless to say I didn’t know credit report and credit score were 2 separate things. But anyway now my answers on form I-944 changed so in my case, I needed to wait and get these letters 🥴

Edited by Flowerfame

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
19 hours ago, ecuatorianos2018 said:

Just got back from USPS. Expected to arrive at Chicago this Thursday. 

This is the second time we will be filing since our first application got sent back for using the outdated forms, even though they were postmarked before 2/24. Really hoping everything goes through this time. 

We also got denied even though it was received on 02/24 due to extra remittance on the I-485. Did you receive your whole package back with the denial letter? We are still waiting on our package and it's so frustrating!

1 hour ago, Buma said:

We also got denied even though it was received on 02/24 due to extra remittance on the I-485. Did you receive your whole package back with the denial letter? We are still waiting on our package and it's so frustrating!

Yeah, USCIS sent back the entire package with a rejection letter for each of the three forms submitted. Everything was organized differently and they stapled things together in their own order. So I removed the stapes and the outdated forms, then reorganized the packet with the all the new forms and evidence required. They sent a rejection letter on green paper that you're supposed to place on top when you resubmit. It is really frustrating but it's nice to know that we're not alone in all this!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
On 4/8/2020 at 10:09 PM, kayden123 said:

Mailed at end the end of march, It was received via ups on April 7th. 

so this fits with the average 9 days from mail to responce _ did you post it with USPS ? 2 day delivery service ?

(just submitted my AOS package this week - expecting lockbox delivery later today- eager to find out if my applications will be accepted like everyone here )

Will update info when receiving feedback - especially on the I944 Form ..  so we can assist other people in this situation

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.