2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Happy Easter everyone. On this day, we feel especially blessed that we have each other during this difficult times (and soon to be welcoming our little one). Our hearts go out to ones who have been in the same K1 process with us, but are still kept physically apart. Good luck to you all!

Edited by Ameriaussie

Hello guys,

I hope everyone is safe from Covid 19.  My K1 visa is expiring on 20th april  should i need to apply before that expire i am married and preparing all docs to apply AOS . i have  some questions please update  No. 1  I just want to ask which courier service is best to use ? No.2 what is the address of USCIS where we need to send AOS package for Oklahoma state ?  No.3  can anyone share I-944 attached evidence list or Cover letter . Thank you and best of luck. 

Edited by Asif & Misty

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Asif & Misty said:

Hello guys,

I hope everyone is safe from Covid 19.  My K1 visa is expiring on 20th april  should i need to apply before that expire i am married and preparing all docs to apply AOS . i have  some questions please update  No. 1  I just want to ask which courier service is best to use ? No.2 what is the address of USCIS where we need to send AOS package for Oklahoma state ?  No.3  can anyone share I-944 attached evidence list or Cover letter . Thank you and best of luck. 

if you are already married, you are not out of status. If you are ready to file, I dont see the benefits of holding off.

In my experience, USPS is the best.

10 minutes ago, Asif & Misty said:

Hello guys,

The 131 South Dearborn address is used only if you use FedEx, DHL, UPS or a courier service. The PO Box address is used if you use USPS. I used FedEX throughout my journey, but it's basically a personal choice.

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

4 minutes ago, Ameriaussie said:

if you are already married, you are not out of status. If you are ready to file, I dont see the benefits of holding off.

In my experience, USPS is the best.

Thank you :)

5 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

The 131 South Dearborn address is used only if you use FedEx, DHL, UPS or a courier service. The PO Box address is used if you use USPS. I used FedEX throughout my journey, but it's basically a personal choice.

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I thin All K1 fianse visa based filler sending AOS on same Address 

Screenshot.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just an update. got a case receive update text 2 mins ago (11:23pm CST)

Package was reviewed at USCIS 5 days ago.

I hope this helps others with the time lines, but also unpredictable with this shutdown.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, kayden123 said:

Just an update. got a case receive update text 2 mins ago (11:23pm CST)

Package was recieved at USCIS 5 days ago.

I hope this helps others with the time lines, but also unpredictable with this shutdown.

i cant seem to edit my post, but it was 3 text messages (I485, 765, and 131) 

Edited by kayden123

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/8/2020 at 6:00 AM, Flowerfame said:

That makes sense!! I got my credit report last week thinking that would be enough evidence (because I thought it would be a letter verifying I didn’t have one) but it turns out I do have one! My husband made me an authorized user on his credit card not that long ago but I still “inherited” his credit score.... so when we found that out we had to call again and request yet ANOTHER letter lol to get my credit score (and paid $8 for it). Needless to say I didn’t know credit report and credit score were 2 separate things. But anyway now my answers on form I-944 changed so in my case, I needed to wait and get these letters 🥴

Oh my gosh. I'm in the exact same boat as you were! Called into TransUnion (on hold for 1.5 hours), talked to a rep who unbeknownst to me, said I actually DID have a credit report for the same reason as you, and that she was going to mail it to me. Still waiting after 10 business days. I didn't realize that a credit score would not be on the credit report. In Canada we have credit bureaus that show you everything. What the heck! 😭

My I-95 expires on April 22, and I'd much prefer to file AOS before this date, even though theoretically it's okay to file after. With that said, I don't have enough time to wait for another 10+ days to receive my credit score. I'm wondering if we'd be able to get away with just a credit report.

I guess I'll be everyone's guinea pig!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
47 minutes ago, lainey122 said:

Oh my gosh. I'm in the exact same boat as you were! Called into TransUnion (on hold for 1.5 hours), talked to a rep who unbeknownst to me, said I actually DID have a credit report for the same reason as you, and that she was going to mail it to me. Still waiting after 10 business days. I didn't realize that a credit score would not be on the credit report. In Canada we have credit bureaus that show you everything. What the heck! 😭

My I-95 expires on April 22, and I'd much prefer to file AOS before this date, even though theoretically it's okay to file after. With that said, I don't have enough time to wait for another 10+ days to receive my credit score. I'm wondering if we'd be able to get away with just a credit report.

Omg I know it’s so frustrating!! 😣 in my case, I got the letters from Experian (each letter took about 7 days to arrive... we were checking the mailbox every day 🤣 the credit score was literally the only thing left for my application to be complete).

If you can’t wait, maybe you can check “yes” on both the credit report and credit score questions.. and make a note in the additional information sheet clarifying why you weren’t able to attach your credit score letter? Tbh, idk what they want 😂😂 but I know that having to wait to file sucks!! Especially when you can’t be sure when the letters will arrive. If you do decide to wait though, I would probably give Experian a try for the credit score. They were “fast” in my experience. Best of luck 💪🏻💪🏻 and hoping you’ll get that report in your mailbox today or as soon as possible! Keep us posted 🤗

Edited by Flowerfame

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Flowerfame said:

Omg I know it’s so frustrating!! 😣 in my case, I got the letters from Experian (each letter took about 7 days to arrive... we were checking the mailbox every day 🤣 the credit score was literally the only thing left for my application to be complete).

If you can’t wait, maybe you can check “yes” on both the credit report and credit score questions.. and make a note in the additional information sheet clarifying why you weren’t able to attach your credit score letter? Tbh, idk what they want 😂😂 but I know that having to wait to file sucks!! Especially when you can’t be sure when the letters will arrive. If you do decide to wait though, I would probably give Experian a try for the credit score. They were “fast” in my experience. Best of luck 💪🏻💪🏻 and hoping you’ll get that report in your mailbox today or as soon as possible! Keep us posted 🤗

hahaha thanks for understanding me @Flowerfame!

Yeah, this form is really driving everyone bonkers.... just ridiculous! I’m glad to hear you were able to get yours in time!

thanks for the suggestion! I’m going to try calling Experian! Do you have their phone number? I don’t have an SSN yet, and the numbers I try to call all ask for an SSN to begin 😭

Thanks so much!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
On 4/7/2020 at 7:42 PM, ecuatorianos2018 said:

Just got back from USPS. Expected to arrive at Chicago this Thursday. 

This is the second time we will be filing since our first application got sent back for using the outdated forms, even though they were postmarked before 2/24. Really hoping everything goes through this time. 

I am in the same boat as you. We plan on filing again this week. Did you use the error messages for the credit score/report or you have an official one.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey guys! I'm gonna start to get the files ready today so I'm a newbie for AOS. First question I wanna ask is, does COVID-19 situations affecting the AOS process in the beginning aka just filing? Cuz I read some news like they not doing interviews which is you gotta be there in person.

Timeline
11 hours ago, lainey122 said:

So happy that I read your post. I am petitioning for my husband and I called TransUnion (on hold 1hr23mins). He doesn't have SSN but i added him to my capital one CC last Sep/Oct and he had both score and report. One was free and paid $9 for the other. Only downside, snail mail is the only form of delivery. She said it would be 5 to 7 business days. They gave me a file number.  They were able to pull up this formation using his name and our current mailing address.

Edited by malajoe

Timeline
2 hours ago, lainey122 said:

hahaha thanks for understanding me @Flowerfame!

Yeah, this form is really driving everyone bonkers.... just ridiculous! I’m glad to hear you were able to get yours in time!

thanks for the suggestion! I’m going to try calling Experian! Do you have their phone number? I don’t have an SSN yet, and the numbers I try to call all ask for an SSN to begin 😭

Thanks so much!!

I got both from TansUnion. 1 888 909 8872. I was on hold for 1hr 23 mins

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.