2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@Viking Same here. I mailed couple of days ago and it will reach lockbox today. Hoping that they will accept my application after a month of preparation lol. I'll keep my status posted here too especially on I944 so it's useful to others.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Viking said:

so this fits with the average 9 days from mail to responce _ did you post it with USPS ? 2 day delivery service ?

(just submitted my AOS package this week - expecting lockbox delivery later today- eager to find out if my applications will be accepted like everyone here )

Will update info when receiving feedback - especially on the I944 Form ..  so we can assist other people in this situation

I didn't receive a response from uscis yet. they just signed for it. The mail is a little slow where I'm at, and now even slower. 

I used UPS, not USPS since the USPS office close to me is closed. (military base). I purchased 2 day delivery but it took 5 days to receive.

I'll update as well, I was in the March section and I know a few that had some issues, but most got accepted. 

My application was delivered today early in the morning. It looks like most of us should be on similar timelines since our applications have all been arriving this week. I would expect us to start getting our NOA1s within 9 to 14 days. But these are just estimates and USCIS sometimes takes longer. Now we just have to be patient and wait.

Edited by ecuatorianos2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
9 hours ago, MalinRonja said:

I just sent my AOS package today 🥳

Should hopefully get delivered on Monday. I prepared it for months and really hope everything will go well.

Good luck to all others who filed as well or still have to file! I will keep you updated, especially with the new I-944... hope you all will also keep us updated 😊

Congratulations my dear keep us dated, we rooting for you 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
10 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Congratulations my dear keep us dated, we rooting for you 

My AOS package was received at the lockbox facility yesterday- hope to receive a NOA1 within the next week or two.

as all of you I also spent a considerable time putting together the paperwork and wrapping my head around the process and forms - it have been quite a stressful experience.

I am still thankful that we have the opportunity to go through the process- I still feel fortunate and I understand the need for vetting- I even believe it is an obligation for the consideration of us Citizens- however - there are room for considerable improvements In the process- a cynic may even speculate that the cumbersome and complicated part of the process could be - BY Design... that is worrisome, if it is the case.

how do you guys see the process and how have you handled the stress amidst the process of Marriage and AOS within 90 days with COVID19 and being a crashtestdummy for the new I944 -  

we had to cancel our original plans for our Marriage and scramble for a courthouse as the government office were being closed- 

paperwork was delayed and additionally complicated to obtain .

I, for one, was stressing out about the possibility to be Out of Status-  if we didn’t Adjust Status in time - whilst my wife and family was not too worried about this - 

but as an K1 visa cannot be extended- I would not like to be placed in removal proceedings nor experience the consequences this could have on the process ahead of us.

how did you guys feel about it all. ?

Timeline

I felt kind of lucky as I had my marriage certificiate just days before closure of county clerks office. I had a problem getting my immigration exam since doctors office were close I literally called 4 times a week after waiting 2 weeks for results. I think at the end they felt bad and just told me to come afternoon. My package arrived on April 6 but I havent received any updates yet but I am expecting it to get this week. 

Overall, I feel like filers from this year might expect 1-2 months of delay. However, I am also expecting fewer people would apply under these circumstances so who knows it might be even faster

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I had to switch our plans last second, which was fine with us. We only were bringing my immediate family, since his parents would never fly from BC lol. Luckily, my stepfather got ordained for us, so we just had it in their living room! My cat was our ring bearer.🥰 

I feel filling out the I-944 was the hardest part of the application package, imo. Still having to prove for instance that he knows English, even though its his first language and from Canada alone, was annoying to say the least. There were more times I was yelling obscenities at questions, since we did the K1 route.

I wrote an "Affidavit of Responsibility" claiming as his wife and sponsor, that he wouldn't be a public charge in so little words. LOL. I'm sponsoring him and showing on the support forms, so silly, c'mon

In the end, the I-944 ended up being our largest form + evidence. Its supposed to be there Tuesday via UPS.

On 4/7/2020 at 6:42 PM, ecuatorianos2018 said:

Just got back from USPS. Expected to arrive at Chicago this Thursday. 

This is the second time we will be filing since our first application got sent back for using the outdated forms, even though they were postmarked before 2/24. Really hoping everything goes through this time. 

Hopefully everything will go through this time, oh and welcome to the thread!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

@Viking there is no doubt that the current situation in U.S. has made many people have to jump through hoops and change and or rearrange plans. In the realm of immigrations this is most troublesome. I feel that as a filer for a benefit during these times you just have to remain flexible as often times policy can change in a split second, and not always against the filer, sometimes these changes work in our benefit too ( i.e., AOS interview waivers due to the virus situation). The only advice I dare to give is you have to again lower your expectations of the process, be flexible and ready to change course at a moments notice. That way if good things do happen to drop in your lap you can be that much more grateful and happy! Hang in there and just ride it out you'll be fine!!!!!

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Welcome to all the April 2020 filers, even during these times it's good you submitted your applications. Just go with the flow, hang loose, watch your stress level and stay informed....you'll be fine!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ethateral said:

My husband and I had to switch our plans last second, which was fine with us. We only were bringing my immediate family, since his parents would never fly from BC lol. Luckily, my stepfather got ordained for us, so we just had it in their living room! My cat was our ring bearer.🥰 

I feel filling out the I-944 was the hardest part of the application package, imo. Still having to prove for instance that he knows English, even though its his first language and from Canada alone, was annoying to say the least. There were more times I was yelling obscenities at questions, since we did the K1 route.

I wrote an "Affidavit of Responsibility" claiming as his wife and sponsor, that he wouldn't be a public charge in so little words. LOL. I'm sponsoring him and showing on the support forms, so silly, c'mon

In the end, the I-944 ended up being our largest form + evidence. Its supposed to be there Tuesday via UPS.

The I944 form And supporting evidence took up Half the page’s  - the package weighed in at 3 pounds something..

profanities was exercised- a LOT through thr form - whilst marveling at the ridiculeness of some of the questions..  hopefully they will be amending and adjusting the forms- who knows Ideally an electronic version- eliminating duplication of data entry. 

sounds like you had a lovely ceremony nevertheless- congratulations.

we had my mother in Law being sworn in as A deputy Marriage commissioner for the day.

she loved that- and we were happy to be able to include her in this way.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

@Viking there is no doubt that the current situation in U.S. has made many people have to jump through hoops and change and or rearrange plans. In the realm of immigrations this is most troublesome. I feel that as a filer for a benefit during these times you just have to remain flexible as often times policy can change in a split second, and not always against the filer, sometimes these changes work in our benefit too ( i.e., AOS interview waivers due to the virus situation). The only advice I dare to give is you have to again lower your expectations of the process, be flexible and ready to change course at a moments notice. That way if good things do happen to drop in your lap you can be that much more grateful and happy! Hang in there and just ride it out you'll be fine!!!!!

@Sarge2155 - I totally agree with you about the staying calm and prepared for change- I was stressful due to the deadline of AOS compounded by the COVID19 closures complicating the data gathering for thr new I944 form - Now it is hopefully a waiting game with a positive outcome for us all.

I have NO particular expectations about a swift process- and I am currently ok with that.

i did request an expedite on my EAD - but have no real expectations here either..

I am happy to report that stress levels have reduced significantly since the submission of the AOS package... hopefully the NOA reception In the next 14 days will reinforce that trend.

thank you for your positive response and support to me and our fellow AOS filers.

Timeline
15 hours ago, faustt said:

I felt kind of lucky as I had my marriage certificiate just days before closure of county clerks office. I had a problem getting my immigration exam since doctors office were close I literally called 4 times a week after waiting 2 weeks for results. I think at the end they felt bad and just told me to come afternoon. My package arrived on April 6 but I havent received any updates yet but I am expecting it to get this week. 

Overall, I feel like filers from this year might expect 1-2 months of delay. However, I am also expecting fewer people would apply under these circumstances so who knows it might be even faster

Hopefully you will receive the NOA next week.

we all have to adjust- I am glad your medical turned out ok.

I expect like you that there will be a delay- the processing of the new form will definitely increase the overall time- and COVID19 properly slow dow the pace too - which is all understandable.. that we are first in line for the form may also slow down the process as it is a new process for the agency to adjust to.

49 minutes ago, Viking said:

The I944 form And supporting evidence took up Half the page’s  - the package weighed in at 3 pounds something..

profanities was exercised- a LOT through thr form - whilst marveling at the ridiculeness of some of the questions..  hopefully they will be amending and adjusting the forms- who knows Ideally an electronic version- eliminating duplication of data entry. 

sounds like you had a lovely ceremony nevertheless- congratulations.

we had my mother in Law being sworn in as A deputy Marriage commissioner for the day.

she loved that- and we were happy to be able to include her in this way.

That I-944 even new has added more stress and jumping through hoops to many people.  IMO that's exactly what they designed it to do. Hopefully they will revise it soon and cut out some of the utterly ridiculousness as you mentioned. I would not hold my breath though at least  not this year. It's unfortunate you did not have an opportunity to beat the deadline. I too rushed and jumped through hoops to make it under the deadline.

Nevertheless you got it done and submitted, be sure to keep copies of all your application once again good job and welcome.

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.