2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just got my paperwork back! Was delivered 04/06 and returned 04/18 Now waiting for equivalency and I693 to be back! Hopefully everything will be back by next week and I can send the package by the end of April!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 4/17/2020 at 6:33 PM, ecuatorianos2018 said:

Hello! We didn't send in any assets or bank statements and marked the section as N/A but that's because my income is well above 125% of the poverty level. The way I understood the instructions was that assets are only necessary if your income doesn't meet the poverty level requirements for your household, including income from the most recent tax year. 

However, providing assets plus meeting the income requirements will likely present a stronger case to USCIS. Bank statements are just a type of asset so if you don't have any assets of any cash value, you will be alright with just the bank statements. 

I would recommend following the rules by sending in 12 months of bank statements. It does sound excessive but it allows USCIS to get a better overall glimpse of your financial status over a longer period of time which they may argue they can't see with just one month of statements. 

Regarding the credit score, we just sent in screenshots of the error messages we got while trying to get an online credit report and statement signed by my wife that she doesn't have credit but plans on building credit in the US and will submit a credit in the future if they ask for it. But I do know that a lot of other people requested the Equifax letter and it took them about a week to get it. 

Hope this helps. The new forms and rules are so recent that no one has been approved under them yet or had an interview which means that there's a lot we don't know about what exactly USCIS is looking for. With the office closures and cancelling of biometrics appointments, it may be a while before we actually get any news of approvals/RFEs, etc. A lot of us have gotten NOA1s though at least so now we're just waiting. 

This is already really helpful, thank you for that!

I only have my joint bank account with my husband for four months now. Do I send them my German bank statements? It's really confusing since I only have been here a couple months and don't really have much to show (yet).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Anthony446 said:

12 month statements of your german account should be enough. 

Should I send them my German tax as well? I'm not really sure why the German bank statements would matter here in the states though.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I personally sent in my 2019 tax return from my country. As for the statements they want to know what assets you have outside of the USA and that you won't be a public charge. Maybe someone else can chime in here 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Anthony446 said:

I personally sent in my 2019 tax return from my country. As for the statements they want to know what assets you have outside of the USA and that you won't be a public charge. Maybe someone else can chime in here 

I sent 3 years foreign tax statement translated into English and my wife’s 3 year tax statements

12 month history on my foreign account translated and a letter validating my current balance and the account ownership from my bank.

the full history of my newly opened US account 

as well as 12 month account history of my wife’s account.

Oh, and I have another question! How/when do we change our timeline on here to reflect adjustment of status rather than K-1 Visa? I've tried to figure it out a few times and cannot figure out how to set it so it changes and says that.  

Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Hello everyone! 

A special hello to @ecuatorianos2018, @MalinRonja, @Ameriaussie, and @kayden123. Oh and of course the superstar @Sarge2155 

Nice to see familiar names on here. I am back again, I've thread hopped from February, to March, and now April. 

I sent my forms in for the THIRD time yesterday after 2 rejections. Sigh.  I spent an extremely long time re-doing ALL of them and got help from two legal aid agencies in reviewing them as well as another friend who went through the process for my husband's country, Dominican Republic. 

I really really hope third time is the charm! 

Welcome to April! Crazy how a lot of us have been jumping month to month but I feel like we're finally starting getting a grip on these new forms. Your gonna get accepted this time no doubt!

2 hours ago, kec523 said:

Oh, and I have another question! How/when do we change our timeline on here to reflect adjustment of status rather than K-1 Visa? I've tried to figure it out a few times and cannot figure out how to set it so it changes and says that.  

Thanks! 

No you are the superstar, displaying the temperament to file your packet repeatedly. I applaud  your patience.

Go to your profile page then look up in the upper right hand corner push edit profile then it will be inside that next screen. Not time line  but profile. Your advice on the I-944 is very good you have to do what you think is right. I'm sure this time it'll fly through.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

8 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

No you are the superstar, displaying the temperament to file your packet repeatedly. I applaud  your patience.

Go to your profile page then look up in the upper right hand corner push edit profile then it will be inside that next screen. Not time line  but profile. Your advice on the I-944 is very good you have to do what you think is right. I'm sure this time it'll fly through.

Thanks! Gotta keep hoping! And thanks - had no idea to go to edit profile, was looking all over timeline. That was easy : ) 

Timeline
On 4/7/2020 at 6:42 PM, ecuatorianos2018 said:

Just got back from USPS. Expected to arrive at Chicago this Thursday. 

This is the second time we will be filing since our first application got sent back for using the outdated forms, even though they were postmarked before 2/24. Really hoping everything goes through this time. 

Hello,

I got sent back for using outdated forms too. Did you just file new form the request and keep using the others as you first time you submit? Or you file all the forms and supporting documents? 

Good luck for your application. 

1 hour ago, ZZBOLIVIA said:

Hello,

I got sent back for using outdated forms too. Did you just file new form the request and keep using the others as you first time you submit? Or you file all the forms and supporting documents? 

Good luck for your application. 

Hello! You can reuse all of your supporting documents and any forms that haven't expired. However, you will need to use the new I-485. You can check the date on the bottom left corner which should be dated 10/15/19. That is also the same date as the new I-864 (affidavit of support form) so you may need to do a new one of those as well if it does not have that date. Also double check your form I-765 (Employment authorization form) and make sure it's dated as 12/26/19 because starting today (4/20/2020) they will only accept that form.

Don't forget to also submit the form I-944 plus its supporting documents.

Best of luck and keep us updated!

Edited by ecuatorianos2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/17/2020 at 10:04 AM, ecuatorianos2018 said:

Thank you! 
I mailed the application on the 7th and it was delivered the 10th.

@ecuatorianos2018 I mailed my packet on the 7th and it delivered on the 10th as well. Haven't heard back anything from USCIS yet. Hoping to hear something soon based on your timeline. I'll keep my status posted here. Feels good to have updates from few more going through the same process with similar timelines!

1 minute ago, Sravani said:

@ecuatorianos2018 I mailed my packet on the 7th and it delivered on the 10th as well. Haven't heard back anything from USCIS yet. Hoping to hear something soon based on your timeline. I'll keep my status posted here. Feels good to have updates from few more going through the same process with similar timelines!

Hopefully you hear something this week. The texts tend to arrive in the evening. Keep us posted!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.