dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, David Utomi said:

Hi Everyone,

We submitted all our documents(AOS & Civil) on 30th March.

However, there is an additional documents we want to upload and submit but we have been having an error since yesterday whenever we trying uploading

Thats the error below...  Does this mean one can no longer upload and submit an additional document after the initial submissions?

image.thumb.png.768451e0b0b57b87390fdb19fee371f7.png

Sorry this is happening to you. I haven't encountered this but have seen many others having technical issues with the website. Your best bet is to wait and try again unfortunately.

2 hours ago, David Utomi said:

Hi Everyone,

We submitted all our documents(AOS & Civil) on 30th March.

However, there is an additional documents we want to upload and submit but we have been having an error since yesterday whenever we trying uploading

Thats the error below...  Does this mean one can no longer upload and submit an additional document after the initial submissions?

image.thumb.png.768451e0b0b57b87390fdb19fee371f7.png

I had this error when resubmitting documents. I tried 3 different devices and several different browsers. I emailed the document to my husband and he uploaded it with no problem. 

Just keep trying!

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

21 minutes ago, J.B said:

Hello everyone,

I had my DQ yesterday (1st April). 

1st submit 2019-11-02: Rejected 2019-11-28 (criminal court & prison records "not in correct format" &  I-864EZ pdf in read/write; should have only been read only).

2nd Submit 2019-12-02: Rejected 2020-01-27 criminal court & prison records "not in correct format" - Turns out I didn't actually have any records & just needed to put a comment in the box stating this. 

3rd Submit 2020-01-27: Accepted 2020-04-01...Now for the wait for consular appointments to open back up.

It's just such a minefield trying to get through NVC. Keep the faith everyone, they are working through applications! 

Congratulations 🎉🍾🎊 happy for you really you got a DQ wow that’s awesome because I’m waiting two month for my first submission no DQ I was submitted on Jan 29,30,feb 1 which day count thanks 

12 hours ago, pcubes99 said:

If you don't receive any emails, you can call NVC and they will provide it to you over the phone. 

Thank you for this nugget of advice. I’ve just got off the phone and we now have access to CEAC!

Thank you so much :)

1 hour ago, J.B said:

Hello everyone,

I had my DQ yesterday (1st April). 

1st submit 2019-11-02: Rejected 2019-11-28 (criminal court & prison records "not in correct format" &  I-864EZ pdf in read/write; should have only been read only).

2nd Submit 2019-12-02: Rejected 2020-01-27 criminal court & prison records "not in correct format" - Turns out I didn't actually have any records & just needed to put a comment in the box stating this. 

3rd Submit 2020-01-27: Accepted 2020-04-01...Now for the wait for consular appointments to open back up.

It's just such a minefield trying to get through NVC. Keep the faith everyone, they are working through applications! 

Congratulations! I'm also in the same boat as you, local embassy closed shop for good reason. I don't mind the longer wait if it means more people are spared from the pandemic. :)

As for other fellow VJers here waiting for DQs, hold strong! If you're not seeing new DQ announcements here on some days, it's more because not every applicant are members here, but NVC still continues to work on all our cases on regular working days. :)

12 hours ago, Rosie91 said:

Completely new here, our I-130 got approved a few days ago. I see several experiences so far. First question, what is a dq?😅 second question, how long is the average process time for the nvc now? If nothing goes wrong with filing and paying fees etc?

Hey,

Welcome, DQ is document qualified. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Here is a link you can check case processing time for case creation, case review and email response time.

Good luck!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
23 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Hi guys! My case was approved yesterday and today NVC sent me a welcome email with a case number! 

OMG! that is so fast, we all waiting about a month! Good for you!

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, two_black_cats said:

if you have to go the interview again after a year has passed since your first payment for DS260., you need to pay application fee again. from what i gathered the payment for DS260 (which is $325 though, not $350, maybe a typo of false memory of your friend? but I have not heard of any fees being 350) only valid for 1 year. if you do not go to the interview during that year , they want to be paid again. 

Yes it was my typo...thanks for the response, makes sense.

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello guys, I'm super confused right now. The embassy/consulate are still closed in my country but NVC just sent an email saying that our interview is scheduled in May. I guess they are planning to re-open in May?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, HDia said:

Hello guys, I'm super confused right now. The embassy/consulate are still closed in my country but NVC just sent an email saying that our interview is scheduled in May. I guess they are planning to re-open in May?

Sounds like they´re being optimistic. If they don´t open in May they will certainly reschedule. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Sounds like they´re being optimistic. If they don´t open in May they will certainly reschedule. 

Hopefully, well since they scheduled it for us, after stating the embassy is closed last month. I guess we will have to get ready for the interview anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.