dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hi Heenadarji,

I would say yes, since a lot of US citizens don't have a passport - but let's wait for other VJmembers' confirmations.

Take care,

Alix

Passport is not proof of domicile. They want to see address proof, Drivers license, voter registration card, etc.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MariellJoes said:

Hi guys! My case was approved yesterday and today NVC sent me a welcome email with a case number! 

I have a question: 

my husband hasn’t filled his 2019 taxes yet and with the current situation it might take a while until he does, as the Tax offices are closed and he can’t do it online... can we submit the 2018 tax refund plus pay stubs? 

Good grief 1 day you already got welcome letter that's awesome. Did you by chance file online? Or if you mailed  in were you assigned an IOE#?

Using 2018 is no problem. Just use that.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Thank you all for your quick response.

I have another doubt also.

If we are adding joint sponsor (2nd time), then should we provide the relationship proof between sponsor and petitioner?

I am submitting form i864a also, so should i provide the relationship proof between joint sponsor and his household member? 

And please also tell, which documents i have to attach for form i864a?

Edited by Heenadarji

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
26 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Good grief 1 day you already got welcome letter that's awesome. Did you by chance file online? Or if you mailed  in were you assigned an IOE#?

Using 2018 is no problem. Just use that.

Yes I mailed and got an IOE

thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Heenadarji said:

Can we use sponsor's driving licence as a proof of domicile?

Yes. In my case I used my DL to prove residency and it went thru with no issues. A recent water/light bill can be used also as long as it shows your name and address....but to be honest I prefer a DL, its more official in my opinion .

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys,

Question for y'all. Does anybody know if there's a fee we have to pay at the embassy on the day of the interview? We're waiting for our interview to be scheduled and my wife's friend who was in AP for 7 years (She was deported and had a very complicated case) insists that there's a $350 dollar fee she paid at the embassy each time she went for her interviews. I told my wife that we paid all the fees at the NVC stage and that includes the visa fee. Im I missing something here? Am I RIght? Is she wrong?

Im under the impression her case was different because she had to schedule her own interview on the AIS website, so that only makes me believe she didn't deal with NVC nor pay fees.

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
41 minutes ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

Hey guys,

Question for y'all. Does anybody know if there's a fee we have to pay at the embassy on the day of the interview? We're waiting for our interview to be scheduled and my wife's friend who was in AP for 7 years (She was deported and had a very complicated case) insists that there's a $350 dollar fee she paid at the embassy each time she went for her interviews. I told my wife that we paid all the fees at the NVC stage and that includes the visa fee. Im I missing something here? Am I RIght? Is she wrong?

Im under the impression her case was different because she had to schedule her own interview on the AIS website, so that only makes me believe she didn't deal with NVC nor pay fees.

From what I've heard (in Canada), there is a fee for your medicals, and an immigrant fee, but not an interview fee.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, dhariq2001 said:

I have question do nvc count first AOS or very last submission which I provide my spouse information like her birth certificate and our marriage certificate 

Majority of responses seem to indicate it was from the date of the last submission.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
44 minutes ago, dhariq2001 said:

Because I spoke to one person she submitted her application AOS on January 27 she got approved and she did finish her application on feb 21 so seems possible 

We submitted all documents for me January 21 and my kids at January 24. March 25 we got a message from NVC, they wanted my husband’s divorce decree in my case. He submitted it. Also he immediately submitted this document in cases of my kids too, it was 25th of March. 2 days later we got DQ for my kids and all documents were approved, including last one at 25th of March. 

11 minutes ago, Kate.Alday said:

We submitted all documents for me January 21 and my kids at January 24. March 25 we got a message from NVC, they wanted my husband’s divorce decree in my case. He submitted it. Also he immediately submitted this document in cases of my kids too, it was 25th of March. 2 days later we got DQ for my kids and all documents were approved, including last one at 25th of March. 

Congratulations 🎈🎉 I’m happy happy for you guys I submitted 29 Jan 30 Jan and 1 submit which count and I like your idea they want to see 1st submission date 

3 hours ago, MariellJoes said:

Hi guys! My case was approved yesterday and today NVC sent me a welcome email with a case number! 

I have a question: 

my husband hasn’t filled his 2019 taxes yet and with the current situation it might take a while until he does, as the Tax offices are closed and he can’t do it online... can we submit the 2018 tax refund plus pay stubs? 

Yes , 2018 taxes are accepted up until 15 April and most likely will be extended based on the tax return extension from the government 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

Hey guys,

In my country yes, I heard we pay a fee at the day of the interview, those are the fees for the visa I guess. They used to use a bank but now we pay cash. I am not at the interview stage yet, so good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.