dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Kate.Alday said:

We submitted all documents for me January 21 and my kids at January 24. March 25 we got a message from NVC, they wanted my husband’s divorce decree in my case. He submitted it. Also he immediately submitted this document in cases of my kids too, it was 25th of March. 2 days later we got DQ for my kids and all documents were approved, including last one at 25th of March. 

This gives  me hope that they will look at first submission date! thanks!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Kate.Alday said:

We submitted all documents for me January 21 and my kids at January 24. March 25 we got a message from NVC, they wanted my husband’s divorce decree in my case. He submitted it. Also he immediately submitted this document in cases of my kids too, it was 25th of March. 2 days later we got DQ for my kids and all documents were approved, including last one at 25th of March. 

Oh that's great. We have the same dates, that is awesome.we also got a message from nvc about the divorce decree and we submitted everything on March 25th, but still didn't hear anything after that. I don't know if I have to wait another 9 weeks, It was really devastating 

49 minutes ago, Kate.Alday said:

That's great news. Just curious, why didn't you guys submit the divorce document initially? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
40 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

Edited by Jackrayane

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
47 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

Oh well, my husband said It was an option on the drop down boxes but wasn't listed as a mandatory document. Also it was sent in USCIS. So yes, this document NVC approved in cases of my kids but in my case still in status submitted 🤷‍♀️
My husband called to NVC a few days ago and we god good news and bad news.  The bad news is i went to the back of the line when we added my husband’s divorce decree to the paperwork. The good news is that is probably will not matter...and here is why. 
The girl on the phone told that in immediate family immigration cases, which is what ours is, that the first person whos documents are approved is the one who establishes our place in line for our visa interview.  So even though we had to add a document to my case, the moment my daughter’s documents were accepted that is where we are in the line. So when they review and approve the final document in my case I will also be immediately moved to the same place in line as my daughter. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Heenadarji said:

Thank you all for your quick response.

I have another doubt also.

If we are adding joint sponsor (2nd time), then should we provide the relationship proof between sponsor and petitioner?

I am submitting form i864a also, so should i provide the relationship proof between joint sponsor and his household member? 

And please also tell, which documents i have to attach for form i864a?

I have not heard of requirement that joint sponsor has to have a proof or relationship with the petitioner. quite on contrary the joint sponsor does not have to be a relative.

they will ask you to attach a proof of relationship between joint sponsor and the household member. (you can see all this for yourself  if you try to add a household member in your CEAC account). from what I have researched the proof could be marriage licence or tax return, so  if you have a tax return/ transcript for the joint sponsor (and you should) you can just upload that

you`ll basically need the same docs for household member that you have for the joint sponsor. You may be asked for proof of domicile too. 

why are you submitting Joint sponsor the second time?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Springtime1122 said:

Oh that's great. We have the same dates, that is awesome.we also got a message from nvc about the divorce decree and we submitted everything on March 25th, but still didn't hear anything after that. I don't know if I have to wait another 9 weeks, It was really devastating 

Wow that’s awesome thinking of how you submitted your documents. Because nvc will go date by date and you did your submission 21 January which nvc will send you email about it. Than they want the divorce, you did it rig away which is the 24 January for kids also they reviewed the decree of divorce. I like it man you so smart 

Timeline
3 hours ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

Hey guys,

Question for y'all. Does anybody know if there's a fee we have to pay at the embassy on the day of the interview? We're waiting for our interview to be scheduled and my wife's friend who was in AP for 7 years (She was deported and had a very complicated case) insists that there's a $350 dollar fee she paid at the embassy each time she went for her interviews. I told my wife that we paid all the fees at the NVC stage and that includes the visa fee. Im I missing something here? Am I RIght? Is she wrong?

Im under the impression her case was different because she had to schedule her own interview on the AIS website, so that only makes me believe she didn't deal with NVC nor pay fees.

if you have to go the interview again after a year has passed since your first payment for DS260., you need to pay application fee again. from what i gathered the payment for DS260 (which is $325 though, not $350, maybe a typo of false memory of your friend? but I have not heard of any fees being 350) only valid for 1 year. if you do not go to the interview during that year , they want to be paid again. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Springtime1122 said:

In my country yes, I heard we pay a fee at the day of the interview, those are the fees for the visa I guess. They used to use a bank but now we pay cash. I am not at the interview stage yet, so good luck!

is that fee $220 ?

Timeline
58 minutes ago, pcubes99 said:

That's great news. Just curious, why didn't you guys submit the divorce document initially? 

Thank you! 

Well it was  40 pages and my husband couldn't compress it

Sorry I thought the question was for me 😂 😂 

Edited by Springtime1122

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

It’s means before the NVC started reviewing your documents you can submit any documents. And they will start review according your first submission. At least it was in our two cases. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, two_black_cats said:

is that fee $220 ?

If you have not paid all required fees to either the National Visa Center or via the appointment website, please be prepared to pay these fees on the day of your interview. All fees may be paid in either U.S. dollars or the Moroccan dollar equivalent. We accept cash and credit cards only. Please note that if you are found ineligible to receive a visa, the application fee cannot be refunded. 

https://www.***removed***/immigrant-visa/immigrant-visa-fees.html

This is a website and the paragraph was from my embassy. You might be right for i130 we pay at the nvc. I am sorry if I gave a wrong answer, because I am waiting too. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Springtime1122 said:

If you have not paid all required fees to either the National Visa Center or via the appointment website, please be prepared to pay these fees on the day of your interview. All fees may be paid in either U.S. dollars or the Moroccan dollar equivalent. We accept cash and credit cards only. Please note that if you are found ineligible to receive a visa, the application fee cannot be refunded. 

https://www.***removed***/immigr
nt-visa/immigrant-visa-fees.html

This is a website and the paragraph was from my embassy. You might be right for i130 we pay at the nvc. I am sorry if I gave a wrong answer, because I am waiting too. 

You might be right for i130 we pay at the nvc - I did not say that and that is not correct. i130 is paid to USCIS as all of us here should know as the majority of people are past that stage. I don`t know how one would have an access to uploading docs without paying Application fee (DS260) ($325) and AOS fee (120). I would doubt that can be done, but I will keep an open mind. 

The last fee (that is before ROC if applies) would be $220 (as of date)

Our I-130 was approved at Texas on Feb 25th. After much perusing the forums I’ve noted a lot of people have received their case file numbers.

Two quick queries

1. Do both petitioner and applicant receive the same email?

2. Considering NVC are processing cases way after the approval date, when is it considered appropriate to email or call them for guidance?

I’m hoping we’ve not fallen down a crack somewhere 😢 

3 hours ago, Kate.Alday said:

I’m wondering any DQ cases today because there’s no DQ today guys 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.