dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Timeline
11 hours ago, JourneyTogether said:

Hi guys, do the I-864 form needs to be dated by hand? We only signed by hand but typed in the date 😕

We have done the same mistake ! the dates need to be in ink. refill and sign it again before submitting. there were numerous cases where nvc didn`t like typed in dates. 

Timeline

From Travel. state. gov 

'' Important Announcement on H2 Visas

Last Updated: March 26, 2020

In response to significant worldwide challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of State temporarily suspended routine visa services at all U.S. Embassies and Consulates as of March 20, 2020. As resources allow, embassies and consulates will continue to provide emergency and mission critical visa services. 

The H-2 program is essential to the economy and food security of the United States and is a national security priority. Therefore, we intend to continue processing H-2 cases as much as possible, as permitted by post resources and local government restrictions. Secretary Pompeo, in consultation with the Department of Homeland Security, has authorized consular officers to expand the categories of H-2 visa applicants whose applications can be adjudicated without an in-person interview.  Consular officers can, if they so choose, now waive the visa interview requirement for first-time and returning H-2 applicants who have no apparent ineligibility or potential ineligibility. This expansion also increases the period in which returning workers may qualify for an interview waiver. Applicants whose previous visas expired in the last 48 months, and who did not require a waiver of ineligibility the last time they applied, do not need to be interviewed in-person if they are applying for the same visa classification as their previous visa.  We anticipate the vast majority of otherwise qualified H-2 applicants will now be adjudicated without an interview. 

Consular resources and local government restrictions vary widely, and each consular section is continuously reviewing its capacity to adjudicate visa applications during this worldwide pandemic. We encourage applicants to consult with the relevant U.S. embassy or consulate in order to confirm the level of services currently offered. Our overseas missions will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.''

It 

So they keep issuing H2 visas and even loosen up the conditions on which the visa is issued, but cancelled all CR1/LR1 visa appointments.

Just seems messed up to me that economical benefits (if any) are being put higher than family reunion. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
39 minutes ago, two_black_cats said:

We have done the same mistake ! the dates need to be in ink. refill and sign it again before submitting. there were numerous cases where nvc didn`t like typed in dates. 

oh really? Just submitted yesterday and we dated and signed electronically, though with the signature u can't tell it wasn't ink.

Will this be a problem?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, David Utomi said:

oh really? Just submitted yesterday and we dated and signed electronically, though with the signature u can't tell it wasn't ink.

Will this be a problem?

I can`t tell for sure as I haven`t got DQ yet, but I have had this discussion with people who got in trouble because the date was printed. Since you just submitted yesterday I`d say change It! and Make sure you submit all W-2, 1099 that relate to your tax returns, even if filing jointly and not using spouse`s income to qualify. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, two_black_cats said:

I can`t tell for sure as I haven`t got DQ yet, but I have had this discussion with people who got in trouble because the date was printed. Since you just submitted yesterday I`d say change It! and Make sure you submit all W-2, 1099 that relate to your tax returns, even if filing jointly and not using spouse`s income to qualify. 

How do i go i about changing it? Im unable to edit or delete any document after submitting

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Jamie Solo said:

NVC is making good progress during all of this and as of 30th March, they're processing documents received on 23rd of January!

Really hoping I get DQ this week now since my second submission was 28th of January!

Same! 🤞🙏

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Arshia said:

What is an H-2 visa??

Its a visa to let people come and temporarily work in the US. Like if farms need a bunch of extra people and everything. Seasonal stuff. Which is why its a national security thing. Food supply.

22 minutes ago, dhariq2001 said:

Cr1 visa spouse visa top priority why nvc delay 

The US government does not consider bringing spouses to America a top priority. There's delays cause of a global pandemic that's infecting hundreds of thousands of people...

Timeline
4 minutes ago, David Utomi said:

How do i go i about changing it? Im unable to edit or delete any document after submitting

Thanks

well you need to change your I864 and submit the new one. I have done that and I have called the NVC and asked what needs done so that they don`t confuse the two I864s and the woman told me that they only look at the latest submitted docs. I hope it`s true but I`d still add a comment that this is the newer version please disregard all previously uploaded I864. something along these lines.

1 hour ago, Springtime1122 said:

Current case review time: As of 30-MAR-2020, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 23-JAN-2020.

The timeframe today from nvc

Seems like one day "short"

I've been tracking them and normally they move up by 7 days, this time only 6 days.

LOL - can you tell I'm  obsessively (and patiently) waiting? 

Last week: [As if 23 Mar - 17 Jan]

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
23 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

Seems like one day "short"

I've been tracking them and normally they move up by 7 days, this time only 6 days.

LOL - can you tell I'm  obsessively (and patiently) waiting? 

Last week: [As if 23 Mar - 17 Jan]

LOL yeah I know how you feel, hang in there. 

I am also counting days, I think they usually go by 6 days, maybe from Monday to Saturday. 

The more we count the more it feels so long lol. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.