dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Halley said:

No not really, there’s exceptions for spouses of USC’s so the attached isn’t really applicable - people adjust from VWP all the time, provided their case is legitimate there shouldn’t really be any issues 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Timeline
On 3/26/2020 at 7:05 PM, PSB said:

You're not that far along maybe you can still add it to your documents and not get rfe.

I submitted on march 10.. so I'm reluctant if I want to lose more than 2 weeks and then chances are there is something else they need so another 2 month. You can't win either way. So i decided to wait for RFE and upload all they will come up with. The way things are going who knows when we get the interview anyway. 

Timeline
On 3/26/2020 at 11:27 AM, PSB said:

Do you all think think that we should also submit the 864a and transcript?

Anyone can help here?

So I guess you got RFE, correct? What exactly did they ask for ? And can you proceed with the interview stage (not counting for the worldwide mess) after submitting the W2 or do you need to wait until that one is accepted ? 

my thought is if they didn't ask for I864a or transcript then they don't need it.

Technically if you submit joint transcript it doesn't break down who earns what in the family, so them being nosy they ask for W2 for the spouse to see the whole picture . Now why not specify that in the instructions is beyond me. But that's the only explanation I found on why they request W2 for spouse if filed jointly. 

Edited by two_black_cats

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
On 3/26/2020 at 4:27 PM, PSB said:

Do you all think think that we should also submit the 864a and transcript?

Anyone can help here?

I would do both, just to make sure. Humans are behind NVC and so it is sometimes totally subjective the way they handle things.

Good luck :)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Is it okay not to submit 2019 IRS transcript or tax returns? We filled for an extension, therefore we plan submitting 2018 tax returns.

Please will NVC accept that?

Thanks.

Edited by David Utomi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Iamtheyeti said:

My spouse attended her Junior and Senior High at a high school in India and stayed in a Dorm/Hostel. Do we need to provide police certificate from India as well .  She is from Nepal and does have police certificate from Nepal.

I believe the answer is yes, it is determined based on how many months she stayed in the country.  Once you fill out her addresses it will pop up as a required document. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, David Utomi said:

Hi Everyone,

Is it okay not to submit 2019 IRS transcript or tax returns? We filled for an extension, therefore we plan submitting 2018 tax returns.

Please will NVC accept that?

Thanks.

We are also submitting Tax returns for 2018. I have heard that it`s ok to submit 2018 returns until april 14. Well now the taxes are not due till june, so maybe that`ll be considered as well. corona virus situation.

i think a safe bet would be to include letter of explanation that you filed for extension. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, two_black_cats said:

We are also submitting Tax returns for 2018. I have heard that it`s ok to submit 2018 returns until april 14. Well now the taxes are not due till june, so maybe that`ll be considered as well. corona virus situation.

i think a safe bet would be to include letter of explanation that you filed for extension. 

Alright. Thank you

We also gonna include the form 4868

Timeline
20 hours ago, two_black_cats said:

So I guess you got RFE, correct? What exactly did they ask for ? And can you proceed with the interview stage (not counting for the worldwide mess) after submitting the W2 or do you need to wait until that one is accepted ? 

my thought is if they didn't ask for I864a or transcript then they don't need it.

Technically if you submit joint transcript it doesn't break down who earns what in the family, so them being nosy they ask for W2 for the spouse to see the whole picture . Now why not specify that in the instructions is beyond me. But that's the only explanation I found on why they request W2 for spouse if filed jointly. 

So I have read the instructions again and then some and I have learned that yes, they do say "you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns."   That means for couples married and filing jointly that even if you do not include household member and I-864a and relying on the income of the joint sponsor only, that you still need to upload all the W-2/1099 for spouses . I have submitted the W-2 for our joint sponsor`s spouse, so back in the line now [very sad face]

1 minute ago, David Utomi said:

Alright. Thank you

We also gonna include the form 4868

good idea!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Approved yesterday and received my NVC email in the afternoon. Paid my fees today. Hopefully 8/9 weeks for approval is still correct. 

18 hours ago, Iamtheyeti said:

My spouse attended her Junior and Senior High at a high school in India and stayed in a Dorm/Hostel. Do we need to provide police certificate from India as well .  She is from Nepal and does have police certificate from Nepal.

It depends on how long had she stayed in India since 16.  If it is longer than 1 year, you should need one.

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
23 hours ago, Iamtheyeti said:

Hey Iamtheyeti,

Even if your wife spent less than a year (like between 6 and 12 months) in India, she should get a Police Certificate from India. We have seen VJ members who have been asked to submit such documents. So get ready to have them in hand.

Take care,

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.