dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thirteen (13) posts have been removed.

They all said the same thing and expressed the same concern.

However, they constitute spamming of the forum, which is a Terms of Service violation.

Everyone understands that you're upset and frustrated.

Have faith that something will happen soon.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
23 hours ago, JourneyTogether said:

Hi guys, do the I-864 form needs to be dated by hand? We only signed by hand but typed in the date 😕

I only signed by hand and typed in the date and it was accepted.

On 3/24/2020 at 12:07 PM, Cristina280390 said:

I have been trying to change the Embassy for months now and each communication I get a new instruction added on what to do. So here are my recommendations so yours is faster. Send a public inquiry (not an email to asknvc) and detail the reasons of change, include address AND local phone number and attach evidence (ID/Passport/bills/etc).

When I moved countries I was still at the USCIS stage and they only accept to change my husband( petitioner) address back to the US and told us we needed to wait for contact of the NVC to change mine (I am Peruvian.We lived in Germany for two years and filed the petition while there). Sooo we waited... months went by and nothing so I sent an email to asknvc on Dec 30th. Then in January I started getting desperate because it was going to be 4 months that we had an approved petition and no NVC welcome letter,. Over the phone the lady told me to send a public inquiry attaching evidence (didn't mention anything about a phone number).... so time went by and in February I received the response to my December email asking to send a public inquiry, and last week I received the response to my public inquiry of January asking to send a new public inquiry including the phone number besides the new address. So now Ill have to wait another 2+months, since over the phone they have already refused two times to help me change the consulate. Another thing you can try is contact the consulate in Malaysa so they request the change, I know the German Embasy did that for a returning German citizen. I have tried my Consulate but my timing was terrible since it was the week of the lockdown where all consulates are crazy busy... so might have to wait again those 2+months, but I feel like everything will be delayed anyways so maybe it wont make a difference (I am in week 4 of wait for my CEAC docs review).

Good luck!

Thanks for your help!!! I've submitted a form through their website and was able to change the embassy location and get the new case number 2 days later :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kurdish said:

Does NVC still working in interview schedule or they suspended?

The US Department of State issued a suspension of all immigrant and nonimmigrant interviews at all US embassies indefinitely until further notice. I would hope that when they do start to schedule interviews, they should prioritize immigrant visas over nonimmigrant visas - but this is just a pipe dream. 

6 hours ago, Fatima7045 said:

I've got dq'ed today March 31st. First submission. Submitted February 21st. I'm so happy🎉🎊🎉

Hey!! CONGRATS!!! 

Wow submitted 21 Feb? But the site says they are working on 23 Jan... are they going out of order? Was your case expedited or anything?

Congrats again :)

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

Hey!! CONGRATS!!! 

Wow submitted 21 Feb? But the site says they are working on 23 Jan... are they going out of order? Was your case expedited or anything?

Congrats again :)

Not sure but I completed my ds-260 on January 23rd and then submitted my civil documents o  that same day. I then submitted financial documents on the 21st of February. I am from Jamaica also, so that could also be a reason too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.