MiriamK

Please help, Husband is abusing me

71 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Duke & Marie said:

Given we’ve only got one side of the story and that it’s odd that his attitude has changed so drastically so soon after your arrival I’d recommend family and/or marriage guidance. 

If you dont understand what’s being said, how do you know they were making fun of you? Of course your accent is different, many of us have that same issue, it may well become a point of fun... ive been asked to read a phone book just so people can hear it, is it making fun? Are you a foreigner? Yes you are, it’s a factual point..j is it mean or embarrassing no, they’re just having fun or teasing..  I think a lot of miss communication going on.. 

I don't think you understood what I wrote, who is they?

my husband embarrassed me in the middle of the store, he yelled "are you a moron? can't you understand what he said?" and then kept yelling at me that I am stupid while I was at the cash register trying to pay.

Everyone at the store were staring at us, at me, probably feeling sorry for me.

2 minutes ago, MiriamK said:

He keeps texting me that he has my SSN and he will find me,  No this is not teasing. 

I’m so sorry that not only do you have to defend yourself from your husband, but now you’re being forced to defend yourself here when you came looking for help. That’s awful.

If the PO Box option won’t work, could you maybe ask your workplace if you could list that address for delivery purposes? We had an issue with mail getting delivered when we moved into a new construction, and used that as a stopgap measure until things got sorted out. I’m not sure about how that will work with delivery, I know USCIS has been weird in a few cases about where they will deliver. Even so, having it bounce back from an address you know is probably safer than your husband getting his hands on it.

Stay strong 💕

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

4 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Since you've never met the OP or her husband and you have no involvement in their relationship, I don't think it's your place to decide whether "they're just having fun or teasing" or that "a lot of miscommunication is going on". I think the OP would know a lot better.

Yet apparently it’s ok for y’all to condem a man of DV based on unsubstantiated accusations made by her in his absence, that’s kind of hypocritical.

If you’d had read my post correctly, I was referring to how people have spoken to me in reference to teasing and having fun regarding accent etc and noted his alledge comment about her being a foreigner as factually correct..

i also suggested marriage guidance since like you said “non of us have met the op or her husband or have involvement in their relationship”  particularly given there are generally 3 sides a a story, his, hers and the truth which is usually somewhere in the middle.. 

her green card is safe she has a 10 year unconditional, he cannot have her deported.. therefore this is not an immigration issue it’s a marital one. 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Contact USCIS immediately.  This can also be helpful 

https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/green_card_battered_spouse_or_child_or_parent

The law protects you,  don't fear.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Joh@ said:

Contact USCIS immediately.  This can also be helpful 

https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/green_card_battered_spouse_or_child_or_parent

The law protects you,  don't fear.  

She has a Green Card.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 minutes ago, MorganandMichael said:

The majority of this people in this thread are focusing on helping the OP, not just condemning the guy. Interesting that’s not your priority also. 

Incorrect, I’ve provided recommendations to her that do not condemn a guy who’s not here to defend himself, something that more of us should do or are we all blind to how slanderous remarks and accusations over social media affect people? Is that in itself not against the laws of many countries?

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.