dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2020

782 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, David & Olga said:

Submitted documents on Thursday 1/09/2020 - still waiting for a DQ or a general response. 😟  

Anyone else submitted early January? 

I submitted 1/8.  Not expecting them to respond for another 2-3 weeks. 😕 I'm getting so anxious!

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, David & Olga said:

Submitted documents on Thursday 1/09/2020 - still waiting for a DQ or a general response. 😟  

Anyone else submitted early January? 

Hey David&Olga,

For most people getting DQed, they have waited for more or less 2 months... unfortunately.

Such a long process :( but that is the way it is. (even though we read here and there that some cases get DQ with couple of weeks).

You should get really impatient around early March.

Take care :)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

23 hours ago, man1234 said:

We are in the stage of submission for the NVC and my husband is still stating as single and when we ask they said it will take 6 week to make the changes , should we file as single now and ask for adjusting ? I don’t want to wait so long to submit plz help me how did you get approved by him being single?

In our case, we submitted the tax returns after amending it to married filing separately. From what I read here in VJ, the doc may not be rejected even if filed single if the applicant is from less fraud country.  In our case, our lawyer insisted we need to amend before uploading it on NVC and we followed her advice. Hope well experienced members could advice. Good luck 

On 2/19/2020 at 9:51 PM, LilyJ said:

Thank you! Yours is coming soon too I am sure of it!! 

In my experience calling does not do anything; the people on the phone usually do not have much information to give. Just keep holding on to hope! Ours was 5 weeks for the first submission but then 9 weeks for the second submission. Hopefully yours goes much quicker!

Second submission? How many times must you submit documents? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 minutes ago, CamChad42 said:

You submit as many times as you need to, until the NVC reviewers are absolutely satisfied.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
11 minutes ago, CamChad42 said:

If NVC says a document is incorrect or that you are missing a document you must submit again and wait again

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

1 minute ago, LilyJ said:

If NVC says a document is incorrect or that you are missing a document you must submit again and wait again

Omg, that’s horrible. I hope all of our documents were good. I submitted what was outlined for us to. I’m kinda confused on why they could have someone submit a missing documentation. 

2 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hey David&Olga,

For most people getting DQed, they have waited for more or less 2 months... unfortunately.

Such a long process :( but that is the way it is. (even though we read here and there that some cases get DQ with couple of weeks).

You should get really impatient around early March.

Take care :)

I appreciate the timeline for when it's acceptable to get really impatient. :)

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Timeline
2 hours ago, CamChad42 said:

Omg, that’s horrible. I hope all of our documents were good. I submitted what was outlined for us to. I’m kinda confused on why they could have someone submit a missing documentation. 

Because if you didn’t submit a document that they say you need, then you need to submit whatever document they say you need. It happened to us. We didn’t submit “proof of employment” because I’m unemployed, and then NVC told me I needed to upload a letter saying I am unemployed, so we had a missing document

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, LilyJ said:

Because if you didn’t submit a document that they say you need, then you need to submit whatever document they say you need. It happened to us. We didn’t submit “proof of employment” because I’m unemployed, and then NVC told me I needed to upload a letter saying I am unemployed, so we had a missing document

Omg that is soooo stupid, for a lack of a better word. Literally they ask you in the AOS to cross wheter you are employed, unemployed, retired, etc.... so that is their missing document right there! you crossing that you are unemployed  and signing the form at the end!!

I submitted everything 20 days ago, my husband (USC) is unemployed because he just moved back to the US after living abroad with me. We didn't submitt a letter where he states he is unemployed, we just got his dad as a joint sponsor so the financial requirements were covered. There is nowhere that states cover letters to explain things are needed, how were we supposed to know that? I didnt know Visa Journey existed until after having already submitted, so I hadn't read all the useful information you guys have been sharing. I am so frustrated with this whole process, I just got of the phone with them after 2 hours trying to get through and 1.5 hours on hold, about an issue regarding change of interview location and they were extremely unhelpful. Now probably an RFE coming my way or either loosing the 3 weeks that already went by. 

Sorry for venting, sometimes is much needed :(

Edited by Cristina280390
typo

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Cristina280390 said:

Omg that is soooo stupid, for a lack of a better word. Literally they ask you in the AOS to cross wheter you are employed, unemployed, retired, etc.... so that is their missing document right there! you crossing that you are unemployed  and signing the form at the end!!

I submitted everything 20 days ago, my husband (USC) is unemployed because he just moved back to the US after living abroad with me. We didn't submitt a letter where he states he is unemployed, we just got his dad as a joint sponsor so the financial requirements were covered. There is nowhere that states cover letters to explain things are needed, how were we supposed to know that? I didnt know Visa Journey existed until after having already submitted, so I hadn't read all the useful information you guys have been sharing. I am so frustrated with this whole process, I just got of the phone with them after 2 hours trying to get through and 1.5 hours on hold, about an issue regarding change of interview location and they were extremely unhelpful. Now probably an RFE coming my way or either loosing the 3 weeks that already went by. 

Sorry for venting, sometimes is much needed :(

Yes that was ours thoughts too, it didn’t make sense that we would need it since I already said I was unemployed on the I864, but I had called them twice after getting the request for the document, to get second opinions, and both times they said there was no choice but for me to upload it and wait again. Honestly, it’s better to lose 3 weeks than 9, i would upload it right now if I were you just to be safe. We also didn’t see anything on any of the travel.state websites saying that we needed that letter, otherwise I would have uploaded it the first time, but NVC told us there was no choice and that we couldn’t move on without submitting it.. :( 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

@LilyJ I am sorry you went through that. If you don't mind me asking, did you use a joint sponsor?... Also, did you just wrote a random letter or followed a template of some sort? I appreciate the advice by the way!!

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Cristina280390 said:

@LilyJ I am sorry you went through that. If you don't mind me asking, did you use a joint sponsor?... Also, did you just wrote a random letter or followed a template of some sort? I appreciate the advice by the way!!

Yes, my parents are our joint sponsor (dad as joint sponsor as mom as his household member)

I just wrote a letter saying “I, [name], confirm I have been unemployed since [date]. I am currently a full time student and have no current income or employment” and then signed and dated it in ink and it was accepted 9 weeks later 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

13 hours ago, hannahjsf said:

Good luck! You really deserve some good news 💙

Did you get the email from NVC or did you have to contact Sydney to check that they got it?

We got an email saying they have placed it under review from Sydney, and that NVC will advise us of the outcome.

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Hi all,

Three days ago we uploaded our AOS and Civil Documents via the ceac.state.gov website, and our immigrant visa page says our AOS items are "paid" and "submitted," and our IV fee "paid," our IV application "Completed," and our Civil Documents "Submitted." In other words, we've done everything we're supposed to do. However, when I log onto the CEAC website to check our status, it tells us:

913389093_ScreenShot2020-02-21at20_09_09.png.95f6101b167b941f33cc06496428a7a6.png

Then it tells us to submit the exact same things it says we've already submitted, but by mail. When I try to click on the CEAC status checker, I've only ever gotten a 404 - page unknown message, along with a statement that the page couldn't be found on travel.state.gov. Is this normal, or am I missing something? When I click on the CEAC FAQs link, the same thing happens! I'm sorry if I'm being really dense and have missed something obvious.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.