dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2020

782 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 hours ago, JapanResident said:

Hi all,

Three days ago we uploaded our AOS and Civil Documents via the ceac.state.gov website, and our immigrant visa page says our AOS items are "paid" and "submitted," and our IV fee "paid," our IV application "Completed," and our Civil Documents "Submitted." In other words, we've done everything we're supposed to do. However, when I log onto the CEAC website to check our status, it tells us:

913389093_ScreenShot2020-02-21at20_09_09.png.95f6101b167b941f33cc06496428a7a6.png

Then it tells us to submit the exact same things it says we've already submitted, but by mail. When I try to click on the CEAC status checker, I've only ever gotten a 404 - page unknown message, along with a statement that the page couldn't be found on travel.state.gov. Is this normal, or am I missing something? When I click on the CEAC FAQs link, the same thing happens! I'm sorry if I'm being really dense and have missed something obvious.

Totally normal. It will say that until your documents are reviewed 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

1 minute ago, LilyJ said:

Totally normal. It will say that until your documents are reviewed 

Thank you @LilyJ! The USCIS/NVC/CEAC websites all seem to be intentionally maze-like, contradictory, and confusing. Anyway, I'm thankful for this community and relieved to hear this is normal!

10 hours ago, LilyJ said:

Yes, my parents are our joint sponsor (dad as joint sponsor as mom as his household member)

I just wrote a letter saying “I, [name], confirm I have been unemployed since [date]. I am currently a full time student and have no current income or employment” and then signed and dated it in ink and it was accepted 9 weeks later 

My parents are also my joint sponsors but my dads form (household member) got denied and they're asking for an I864 form from him as well which i resubmitted on christmas last year. Hopefully they accept us. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Kindly assist on filling DS 260
On employment.
I am running a small scale business, not registered and not require to register because I only sell in the evening and pay the county government a fee. 
Do I choose an employed? Coz when I choose business they ask for employer, address etc?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 hours ago, JapanResident said:

Thank you @LilyJ! The USCIS/NVC/CEAC websites all seem to be intentionally maze-like, contradictory, and confusing. Anyway, I'm thankful for this community and relieved to hear this is normal!

I went through this exact thing with my wife cause of that bad tracking a couple of days ago! It happens! haha

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
9 hours ago, Pqm527 said:

How many days it takes to change payment status from In process to Paid?

I paid my fees on last Saturday for both only AOS status changed to Paid.

Hey Pqm527,

It tooks us a full week (we paid on a Tuesday and it was changed to "Paid" the Wednesday the week after).

Take care :)

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Pqm527 said:

How many days it takes to change payment status from In process to Paid?

I paid my fees on last Saturday for both only AOS status changed to Paid.

I paid mine on 2/17/2020 and changed to paid on 2/20/2020.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 2/20/2020 at 5:02 AM, Knightgame185 said:

Don't do it electronically if you read half of the people got rejected because of it.

Make sure it is hand written signed and date in pen. and print the documents and re uploaded it that way it is not editable. 

It let me typed the signature date and I did. I did not know we have to write the date as well....Have we had any rejection due to this issue? It makes me worry now...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, JuJu83 said:

It let me typed the signature date and I did. I did not know we have to write the date as well....Have we had any rejection due to this issue? It makes me worry now...

You need to sign the signature in ink, scan and upload. Can’t be an electronic signature & the PDF can’t be editable when submitted. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Tofu said:

You need to sign the signature in ink, scan and upload. Can’t be an electronic signature & the PDF can’t be editable when submitted. 

I signed and scanned. Just the 'signature date' was typed. I hope it won't cause any issue.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
Just now, JuJu83 said:

I signed and scanned. Just the 'signature date' was typed. I hope it won't cause any issue.

It could be, I have seen others who were told to reupload with the date in ink

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline

So I am told to do so (e.g. in March), I assume I will put the March date and signed it. Now with the Feb 24 deadline, I hope they won't ask me to use the new form for re-submission. Not sure if they will clarify it at the time of RFE.

BTW, I have submitted my form. I can't unlock and edit...

Edited by JuJu83

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.