Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, toosweetaggie said:

What’s the link to check? I tried to google it yesterday but wasn’t sure if it was the correct site.

Here: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

AOS (I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-485, I-765) Timeline:

12/07/19 - AOS Package Sent

12/17/19 - NOA1

12/26/19 - NOA1 for Biometrics Appointment

01/07/20 - Biometrics at Elizabeth, NJ

01/29/20 - I-485 & I-765 Case Status Updated to "Fingerprints were taken"

02/11/20 - I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

05/15/20 - I-765 New card is being produced

05/18/20 - I-765 & I-131 Case was approved

ROC (I-751) Timeline:
01/18/23 - 
ROC Package Sent
01/30/23 - 48 month extension letter received
03/27/23 - Another 48 month extension

We are waiting on an interview date (went to 'ready to schedule' in February) still so when a letter from Homeland Security showed up in our mail today we were excited.

However, it's only another copy if NOA1. We are so confused. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there some computer issue at USCIS sending random letters?

🤔

Hello every one, 

I really need some help, I’m really worried about my application.

I haven’t heard anything since my fingerprints were taken back in January is anybody out there with the same problem?

here is my timeline 

Case is being process by NBC

Receipt date December 18th 2019

Fingerprint fee was received - Dec 18th 2019

Case was received - Dec 18th 2019

Case was updated to show all fingerprints were taken - Dec 29th 2019

My case is out of processing time, I submitted and inquiry on June 26th and received an email stating that I would get an answer before July 18th, it never happened.

I called again on July 26th and now I’m being told a I should get an answer before August 11th. 

I’m just wondering if anyone is going through the same thing or maybe they know what’s going on, thanks for all the help in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, The1jpx said:

Hello every one, 

I really need some help, I’m really worried about my application.

I haven’t heard anything since my fingerprints were taken back in January is anybody out there with the same problem?

here is my timeline 

Case is being process by NBC

Receipt date December 18th 2019

Fingerprint fee was received - Dec 18th 2019

Case was received - Dec 18th 2019

Case was updated to show all fingerprints were taken - Dec 29th 2019

My case is out of processing time, I submitted and inquiry on June 26th and received an email stating that I would get an answer before July 18th, it never happened.

I called again on July 26th and now I’m being told a I should get an answer before August 11th. 

I’m just wondering if anyone is going through the same thing or maybe they know what’s going on, thanks for all the help in advance.

My husband for the application is still in fingerprints were taken as well. It’s been like that since January 31. We are out of Houston with a turnaround time of almost a year though, so not really worrying about it. He has his work permit and travel permit and SSN so it’s not keeping him from being able to do life. 

12 hours ago, juliiev said:

Hey guys! Did anyone of you get a stimulus? I thought I'm not gonna get one since my husband already got his. Then I got one today. We filed our taxes after he got his stimulus.

We filed taxes jointly back in March. My husband got his cheque but I didn’t get one and didn’t think we could get them as non-resident alien spouses? That’s encouraging to know! 

Im sure it’s just the boost you guys need at this really difficult time! ❤️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/30/2020 at 12:26 PM, toosweetaggie said:

Yeah! We got it yesterday. I was wondering if it was a mistake, and then it posted fully today after pending yesterday. I guess after we filed in July, they reconciled the face that we were married and was owed the $2400. It was a pleasant surprise that I Hope was not a mistake. Happy to know we were not the only ones. 😅

Same here. Got it  beginning of June. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Meg101 said:

We filed taxes jointly back in March. My husband got his cheque but I didn’t get one and didn’t think we could get them as non-resident alien spouses? That’s encouraging to know! 

Im sure it’s just the boost you guys need at this really difficult time! ❤️

As far as I understand, if you have SSN and you file taxes jointly with your husband, you get your stimulus after you file your taxes. 

9 hours ago, Phil&Marina said:

As far as I understand, if you have SSN and you file taxes jointly with your husband, you get your stimulus after you file your taxes. 

Well.. I do have a SSN, I have had one since December. We filed taxes in March jointly and he got his stimulus cheque in May. I didn’t get anything and honestly I didn’t expect to get one at all because I am new living here, so was surprised to see other people on here getting them! But truly that is awesome for you guys. 🙂

There’s probably some sort of delay with the IRS because we had to paper file and we still haven’t got our tax return money.  It seems like every system is very back logged so patience is a must.

Hopefully there is some financial help coming everyone else’s way sometime this year too who missed out on the stimulus package. 😃😄

Edited by Meg101

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
47 minutes ago, wryly said:

We had our adjustment of status interview this morning and our case status has updated to "New Card Is Being Produced", which apparently means that our application was approved. It was a smooth experience at the office and we were invited to take off our masks during the interview, as there was a large piece of plexiglass separating us from the interviewer.

Congratulations! 😊

On 8/3/2020 at 8:19 AM, wryly said:

We had our adjustment of status interview this morning and our case status has updated to "New Card Is Being Produced", which apparently means that our application was approved. It was a smooth experience at the office and we were invited to take off our masks during the interview, as there was a large piece of plexiglass separating us from the interviewer.

Congratulations!! 🙂🥳🥳 what a relief that must have been to be approved. It’s been a long time coming and you are now immigration paperwork free for 2 years. Wahoo. 😃😄🥳

Please keep us updated on the timeline from the notification that says your new card is being produced to when it arrives. I’m sure lots of people will be interested and can celebrate for you & live vicariously through you!!

🥳🤩😀😃😄😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

My wife's employment authorization expires on February 27, 2021, and it doesn't look like we'll have our green card interview before then (ready to be scheduled for an interview as of February 25, 2020).  

When should we apply for a renewal of the work authorization?  Does anyone have any idea how long the renewal process takes?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

My wife's employment authorization expires on February 27, 2021, and it doesn't look like we'll have our green card interview before then (ready to be scheduled for an interview as of February 25, 2020).  

When should we apply for a renewal of the work authorization?  Does anyone have any idea how long the renewal process takes?

From USCIS:

If you are still eligible for employment authorization but your EAD will be expiring or has expired, you should file for a renewal EAD by submitting a new Form I-765 and filing fee (if required), unless a fee waiver is requested and approved. Generally, you should not file for a renewal EAD more than 180 days before your original EAD expires

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/employment-authorization-document

also, as long as it is filed in a timely manner, it can be automatically extended for 90 days. That’s on the website too. 

I trust you’ll have your GC by then. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.